Gronk likely headed for retirement per Rapoport

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

He should have been suspended for a YEAR for that cheap shot. He clearly sees his teammate touch Tredavious down out of bounds and then body slams him.  Total trash!

2 things ....

1 McDermott is already yelling at the Ref for something 

2 by doing so he doesn't even see that cowardly hit 

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

Why a Bills player did not jump him after that still amazes me

they were getting flagged at midfield for some bogus offense  (Jerry Hughes got a USP)

20 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Most running backs decline literally overnight. Also, Peyton Manning went from MVP numbers one season to worst QB in the league his next season. 

Some people might feel that a change from John Fox/Adam Gase to Gary Kubiak/Rick Dennison had some influence on that.

Nevertheless, overall point stands.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

2 things ....

1 McDermott is already yelling at the Ref for something 

2 by doing so he doesn't even see that cowardly hit 

they were getting flagged at midfield for some bogus offense  (Jerry Hughes got a USP)

So here's a question to which I don't know the answer.  Are USP additive?  Because otherwise, if you're already being flagged for one, why not have at it?

On 1/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

I fixed that for you  

where's your Patriot Avatar?  

:o  B-)

I understand completely what Gugny is saying and agree.  I was pissed no one retaliated.  It was a disgrace and the may have had something to do with Brown not being resigned. (pure speculation based on McDs comments concerning Shaqs actions)

I suspect if he was close enough McD may have jumped on him and showed him some real wrestling.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

On 1/15/2019 at 7:39 PM, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I could see the Pats going after TJ Hockenson. Hockenson is the closest thing to Gronk to come out of college in nearly a decade.

Truth be told this is the #1 guy I want in this years draft.

Trade down out of 9 to the late teens (say 17, 18, 19), hopefully pick up a 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd and some mid round picks this year as well.

TJ is the best TE all around balanced TE to come out since Gronk.

I like him a lot as well. You know what's crazy is between Daboll, Rob Boras, and now Bobby Johnson we have tight end experts on staff yet we can't find one. I hope they find a way to target Hockenson. 

On 1/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, Livinginthepast said:

With the exception of a couple of plays, Gronk looked last week about 10% of the star that he used to be. Amazingly even at 10% he was still better than Clay and Benjamin.

I'm not sure that I have ever witnessed such a "fall off the cliff decline" in such a short period. Has anyone declined that fast in the NFL the past 20 years? I cannot think of anyone even close.

The lights went out for Merriman rather abruptly.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some people might feel that a change from John Fox/Adam Gase to Gary Kubiak/Rick Dennison had some influence on that.

Nevertheless, overall point stands.

So here's a question to which I don't know the answer.  Are USP additive?  Because otherwise, if you're already being flagged for one, why not have at it?

It's one per player/play as far as I understand the rule. Never seen the same guy flagged twice on the same play. I've seen multiple players flagged, but not one guy multiple times. Next step is ejection/fine.

15 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yes, I remember running backs back in the day like Earl Campbell and John Brockington who were 1,000 yard rushers one year and very ineffective the following year.

Juice and Earl had five great seasons

36 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The lights went out for Merriman rather abruptly.

They did indeed.  And the Bills enabled him (and paid him) for a couple of seasons afterwards. 

Hoping those days are gone.

It's one per player/play as far as I understand the rule. Never seen the same guy flagged twice on the same play. I've seen multiple players flagged, but not one guy multiple times. Next step is ejection/fine.

OK, it's the "multiple players on one play" thing.  I know they can penalize multiple players, but it seems like (in the post-late-hit Alonzo scuffle) as though the Zebras penalized two Miami players but only assessed one set of yardage?  Or perhaps they subtracted Mills?

19 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

And Troup was on his way to being terrific till that back injury.

Yeah, that was kind of ironic.  Didn't we pass on Gronk because of concerns about a back injury?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, it's the "multiple players on one play" thing.  I know they can penalize multiple players, but it seems like (in the post-late-hit Alonzo scuffle) as though the Zebras penalized two Miami players but only assessed one set of yardage?  Or perhaps they subtracted Mills?

Not 100 % sure on PF's. It seems like regardless of # of penalties, they offset if both teams commit them. Don't quite remember exactly how that play went down.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:36 AM, Gugny said:

The inactions by the Bills were far worse than Gronk's actions.  Both pathetic and disgusting.

It wouldn’t be Rex level stupidity to respond. THIS is different level stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That was his worst moment that I know of. I’d hate to be forever judged by my worst moment.

As bad as that sucked, I hope he’s been as smart with his money as they say (living off endorsements only without spending salary), and his health holds up to the extent possible. He’s either getting great advice he’s following, or he’s not as dumb as you’d think. 

Edited by Augie

The team had no problem standing up to Kiko though after that cheap hit on Allen.  Sometimes I wonder how much of these losses over the years to the Patriots came because they were just intimidated by them.  

I tend to think Gronk’s a bit overrated in terms of how meaningful he is to the Patriots success.  If Brady/Belichick are around next year without Gronk they are still far from done imo.  

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The team had no problem standing up to Kiko though after that cheap hit on Allen.  Sometimes I wonder how much of these losses over the years to the Patriots came because they were just intimidated by them.  

I tend to think Gronk’s a bit overrated in terms of how meaningful he is to the Patriots success.  If Brady/Belichick are around next year without Gronk they are still far from done imo.  

But they are a year closer, and the end is near for Brady.