Gronk likely headed for retirement per Rapoport

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

That was his worst moment that I know of. I’d hate to be forever judged by my worst moment.

As bad as that sucked, I hope he’s been as smart with his money as they say (living off endorsements only without spending salary), and his health holds up to the extent possible. He’s either getting great advice he’s following, or he’s not as dumb as you’d think. 

Word has it that he's not spent one dollar of his football salary.  The assertions that he's just a dumb jock are unfounded.  Personally, I think he's a great guy and a smart guy.  He erred, badly, with the White hit.  But I agree with you .... he shouldn't be judged on that.  He's been phenomenal for the league and he's played the game the right way far beyond 90% of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not 100 % sure on PF's. It seems like regardless of # of penalties, they offset if both teams commit them. Don't quite remember exactly how that play went down.

If that's true, then the name of the game is just to be sure you retaliate hard and quickly enough to provoke the other team.  Then it's offsetting and you've made your point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Word has it that he's not spent one dollar of his football salary.  The assertions that he's just a dumb jock are unfounded.  Personally, I think he's a great guy and a smart guy.  He erred, badly, with the White hit.  But I agree with you .... he shouldn't be judged on that.  He's been phenomenal for the league and he's played the game the right way far beyond 90% of the time.

I've read that his father had something to do with that.  Left to his own devices, I bet he'd blow it all on booze and women...not that there's anything wrong with that.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If that's true, then the name of the game is just to be sure you retaliate hard and quickly enough to provoke the other team.  Then it's offsetting and you've made your point.

Hate cliche's but the last guy really does always get called for the foul. So strike first!

Doesn't apply to the Gronk play as Pitts, Brown or SOMEONE should have retaliated consequences be damned.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:32 AM, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I love how, in the OP's article, it mentions that Gronk, and I quote, "elbowed" Tre White...

E-L-B-O-W-E-D

Patsie apologists abound in the media...

Even though it was with his cheater megatron-Esque elbow pad, it was still technically most an elbow. 

On 1/15/2019 at 11:00 AM, BoccesOnTransit said:

He uses his arm "brace" as a weapon on this play.

Why is he allowed to use that thing? It clearly gives him an advantage.

When he first entered the league I was so proud that he had Williamsville roots. Now he's in my top-5 hated players of all time.

It’s not a brace. It’s a weapon. Always has been used as one. He’s offensive with it. 

And you can give him williamsville roots if you want. Or you can call him a pos that walked out on his high school to move out of state for his own career. I don’t blame him for it, but claiming he’s a williamsville north guy is a false. He graduated from some school in PA. 

And the reason his body is falling apart already is because he is probably 50% steroids.

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Rob Gronkowski retiring? Bills may face one fewer foe next season

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/15/buffalo-bills-new-england-patriots-rob-gronkowski-retire-retiring-next-season/

please do it. He’s still good enough to hold serve on the Pats but I’ll line up to throw the retirement party (actually, that party will probably be legendary). 

Maybe Adam Gase read this article and got a little too excited before his press conference?

On 1/15/2019 at 8:53 AM, Plano said:

I am still baffled someone didn't literally murder him on the field for this action.

How on earth did Preston Brown not jump on his back and wrench his helmet around 4-5 times and beat his head into the ground relentlessly?

I just do not get it. Soft.

And that is why Preston is not here. We definitely have changed culture. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2019 at 11:20 PM, Augie said:

What is his contract # this year? I wonder why not go to camp, play a a few games for $8 mil more before you find yourself on IR?  Does that make me a bad person? 

He has a 12 mil cap hit almost all of it real money. Pats arent going to take that into the reg season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I fully expect him to retire and would be surprised if he didnt.  He’s battled a lot of injuries and been very open about the physical challenges of this season.  He’s got a lot of money and a lot of other things going on outside of football.  We hate him as Bills fans, especially after last years dirty hit, but he’s mostly seen as charismatic and likeable elsewhere, so sure he’s got lots of opportunities off the field.  

And he should be done, he has nothing more to prove or play for other than love of game.  But he’s getting to the point where continuing could really impact his long term quality of life the way his body is going.

I won’t miss him torching us either.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2019 at 12:21 AM, mrags said:

It’s not a brace. It’s a weapon. Always has been used as one. He’s offensive with it. 

And you can give him williamsville roots if you want. Or you can call him a pos that walked out on his high school to move out of state for his own career. I don’t blame him for it, but claiming he’s a williamsville north guy is a false. He graduated from some school in PA. 

And the reason his body is falling apart already is because he is probably 50% steroids.

I never understood why he’s allowed to play with that bulletproof, concrete reinforced brace. If he can play, he can play. If he can’t play, he can’t play. It should be that simple. If you need a bionic brace to keep your arm from falling apart, you fall into the “cannot play” category. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

He has a 12 mil cap hit almost all of it real money. Pats arent going to take that into the reg season.

ESPECIALLY the Pats who have a history of sending you out sooner rather than later. I’m surprised he’s lasted this long.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

ESPECIALLY the Pats who have a history of sending you out sooner rather than later. I’m surprised he’s lasted this long.  

rewatch his blocking work in the first four drives last weekend

sorry it didn't meet your standards...