Gronk likely headed for retirement per Rapoport

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

With the exception of a couple of plays, Gronk looked last week about 10% of the star that he used to be. Amazingly even at 10% he was still better than Clay and Benjamin.

I'm not sure that I have ever witnessed such a "fall off the cliff decline" in such a short period. Has anyone declined that fast in the NFL the past 20 years? I cannot think of anyone even close.

Most running backs decline literally overnight. Also, Peyton Manning went from MVP numbers one season to worst QB in the league his next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Success said:

Brady at 42, no Gronk, Edelman at 33 - liking the trends.

still not a fair fight

and they will go out and try to replace their needs

not just the Bills will be doing that for next year....

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He looked like he was carrying a refrigerator on his back most of the year 

he looked like all the best English soccer players when they put that national team jersey on?

8 hours ago, wppete said:

I read on Twitter that the Bills would try and go after him in the off season. Is this true? I dont see it happening. 

If they do, I might actually consider dropping my seasons. 

4 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

With the exception of a couple of plays, Gronk looked last week about 10% of the star that he used to be. Amazingly even at 10% he was still better than Clay and Benjamin.

I'm not sure that I have ever witnessed such a "fall off the cliff decline" in such a short period. Has anyone declined that fast in the NFL the past 20 years? I cannot think of anyone even close.

My FF league does an auto draft, and I ended up with Gronk. After the first two weeks, I ended up dumping him. 

I could see the Pats going after TJ Hockenson. Hockenson is the closest thing to Gronk to come out of college in nearly a decade.

Truth be told this is the #1 guy I want in this years draft.

Trade down out of 9 to the late teens (say 17, 18, 19), hopefully pick up a 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd and some mid round picks this year as well.

TJ is the best TE all around balanced TE to come out since Gronk.

50 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No one ever did a damn thing to address that.  

Yup, was a damn shame. It’s one thing to get blown out on the score board, but it’s another to allow that ding ***** for brains asshat elbow drop his 260+ lbs frame on to your franchise CB’s head. 

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rob Gronkowski retiring? Bills may face one fewer foe next season

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/15/buffalo-bills-new-england-patriots-rob-gronkowski-retire-retiring-next-season/

please do it. He’s still good enough to hold serve on the Pats but I’ll line up to throw the retirement party (actually, that party will probably be legendary). 

hes had a great run but the injuries are piling up, so its time.

15 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Most running backs decline literally overnight. Also, Peyton Manning went from MVP numbers one season to worst QB in the league his next season. 

Yes, I remember running backs back in the day like Earl Campbell and John Brockington who were 1,000 yard rushers one year and very ineffective the following year.