William Barr Confirmation Hearing Thread

Tiberius

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is there anything criminal about their anti-Trump texts or is it deeper than that?

Just because you are angry about a sitting President and texting about it doesn't make it criminal or am I way understating my bounds?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Is there anything criminal about their anti-Trump texts or is it deeper than that?

Just because you are angry about a sitting President and texting about it doesn't make it criminal or am I way understating my bounds?

Not criminal, but unethical.  Certainly a firing offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The opinions are legal and allowed. The problem arises with whether or not those opinions influenced policy or the investigations. The rest of the evidence is pretty damning that their political animus resulted in the opening of a Counterintelligence investigation (illegally so) which would be problematic. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The opinions are legal and allowed. The problem arises with whether or not those opinions influenced policy or the investigations. The rest of the evidence is pretty damning that their political animus resulted in the opening of a Counterintelligence investigation (illegally so) which would be problematic. 

You present great arguments and facts, but we both know that nothing will be done to these Democratic players.

Every ounce of authoritative energy is going into trying to take down Trump (which is now twofold), and I think some Republicans are with the Dems on this. So, basically no harm no foul to the leftists.

Just my dumbazz opinion, but what do I know.

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Not criminal, but unethical.  Certainly a firing offense.

That might be the normal take on Page and Strzok.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

You present great arguments and facts, but we both know that nothing will be done to these Democratic players.

Every ounce of authoritative energy is going into trying to take down Trump (which is now twofold), and I think some Republicans are with the Dems on this. So, basically no harm no foul to the leftists.

Just my dumbazz opinion, but what do I know.

Your outlook is the most rational based on history and how things have worked in the past. It's also shared by many people on this board (I'm sure). My position is admittedly much more optimistic/fringe in thinking that there will be serious cases brought against some big fish. 

We'll find out soon enough which way this is going to break. The confirmation this morning of Baker being under criminal investigation (joining McCabe, Strzok, and Comey that we know of) is another big fish facing serious legal peril. They could all go away, uncharged, of course. But I'm going to remain optimistic until the bitter end. It's the Bills fan in me. :):beer: 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Your outlook is the most rational based on history and how things have worked in the past. It's also shared by many people on this board (I'm sure). My position is admittedly much more optimistic/fringe in thinking that there will be serious cases brought against some big fish. 

We'll find out soon enough which way this is going to break. The confirmation this morning of Baker being under criminal investigation (joining McCabe, Strzok, and Comey that we know of) is another big fish facing serious legal peril. They could all go away, uncharged, of course. But I'm going to remain optimistic until the bitter end. It's the Bills fan in me. :):beer: 

MSM does EVERYTHING in their power to see that these people go unscathed. 

Let's hope the small majority of independent news outlets can change that moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1