ESPN- Best and Worst FA signings of 2018

I don’t feel like Brees should qualify for this list. He was either playing in New Orleans or retiring. It’s not like the Saints had to work to bring him in.  Also, hate seeing Pouncey on this list. I felt the Bills should have offered him whatever it took to get him here. With a glaring need at center and a good one staring at you in the free agent market. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Silver lining: We discovered Levi Wallace

I actually think this scouting department has a pretty good eye for talent. They have made some really good later round picks and FA acquisitions. Having said that- I think their biggest downfall has been the love affair with former Carolina players and their tendency to overvalue them. I fully expect Thomas Davis to be  Buffalo Bill next season and I hope it works out well. Also hoping they do not overpay him to bring him in.

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I don’t feel like Brees should qualify for this list. He was either playing in New Orleans or retiring. It’s not like the Saints had to work to bring him in.  Also, hate seeing Pouncey on this list. I felt the Bills should have offered him whatever it took to get him here. With a glaring need at center and a good one staring at you in the free agent market. 

There were a few really solid players out there last offseason that we could have brought in to solidify the O line but we were, unfortunately, in salary cap Hell. Now we have the cap space but the pickings are slim. This is why I hope we do not overpay for mediocre talent.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, teef said:

as mentioned, it looks worse because he retired at halftime.  i still just can't wrap my head around that.

I can.....he got undressed badly by Ross in a pre season game and looked old and slow.

Then got beat like a rented mule in game one with the field temp at about 150 degrees.

Davis realized  he was finished and threw in the towel. .

• Like (+1) 3

Was really expecting to see the Star signing on this list.  Seems like a lot of people from the outside looking in, thought that he didn't produce on the stats so he was a failure.  However Star really solidified our front 4 and took on multiple blocks. 

Unsung hero that I am happy to pay the $50m over the next 5 years.

Edited by TheBeane
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

Was really expecting to see the Star signing on this list.  Seems like a lot of people from the outside looking in, thought that he didn't produce on the stats so he was a failure.  However Star really solidified out front 4 and took on multiple blocks. 

Unsung hero that I am happy to pay the $50m over the next 5 years.

Image result for not sure if trolling meme

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

I don't think Pouncey would have met the ethical  standards set by this organization..his baggage from the Miami Hurricanes time is quite telling

2 hours ago, teef said:

as mentioned, it looks worse because he retired at halftime.  i still just can't wrap my head around that.

he kept it real, i guess...

the tape hurts a lot more to pull off if you haven't broken a sweat

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Star should be in there or honorable mention for that atrocious contract he got

You may want to read the article on the front page today full of Lorax quotes about how Star earned every penny.