Allen is NOT inaccurate unless Baker, Lamar, Darnold, Rosen, 2017 Watson & 2016 Wentz are, too

47 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Concentration, situational awareness, consistency, football IQ, all those good things. A guy can be very accurate, but getting to know your pass catchers.. needlessly throwing rockets to Charles Clay on crossing routes.. these are things that can improve your chance of getting a catch. I mean sure, a quarterback can throw a bullet to his FB 5 yards in the flat right on the money and see it dropped and he and all of us on the board can throw our hands up in the air and say it's not his fault.

It's not the quarterback's fault on a play like that but he certainly didn't make it easier for anyone. He can still be BETTER. And that's certainly a rookie curve they need to learn in the NFL is knowing the pass catcher's ability. On 3rd and short when your primarily blocking TE3 is wide open, hips angled where he wants to catch the ball, you throw him a softball exactly where he wants it. That's what Drew Brees does for his less talented catchers.. he makes the tough throws for Michael Thomas if he doesn't see a guy that has a better chance of beating his man. Or another example, this reminds me of that missed TD throw to Zay Jones against a cover 0 in Miami.. I think everyone was on the same page that yes, Zay's route was supposed to have him slow down to catch the ball between the 2 safety zones.. but with no safeties and a man running behind Zay, I imagine Zay purposefully kept running making a hot route for an easier grab while JA bullets the ball behind him.

Cam Newton probably threw 10 would-be TD passes in his MVP year that got dropped by Ted Ginn Jr., but he was aware of Ted's limitations, and kept throwing to him knowing his ability to get open was his strength and Cam's job was to make the catch as easy as possible for Ted. Ted finished with 10. Had his best year. Cam had his best year. The reason being that Cam adjusted to Ted's game.

Probably the biggest reason for the completion % IMO. a) The receivers were mostly bad, and b) Josh Allen didn't always pay attention to his WR's abilities. I think it's a thing he will improve on, both with better receivers and more experience for Josh Allen. Especially the passes in the flats: the throws looked like really difficult grabs to even catch and get YAC. I know the common reply is just "these guys are paid to catch the ball they should catch it".. but no, they really aren't.. some made it in the NFL with exceptional skills in blocking, running, getting open.. not necessarily catching (I expected Zay to be exactly that though: a possession WR). Get to know your WRs.

Good thoughts here.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Ugh. Just awful. I never want to see Kelvin Benjamin plays again lol. His wingspan turned into the size of a T-Rex just there. And to think this was supposed to be the exact kind of guy we wanted for that play. Big Anquan Boldin type to catch in traffic and play physical and fearless. 

I hated the signing day 1 just because I hated his hands. But I at least thought he'd be a nice physical presence over the middle. I'm not even sure that was bad hands. That just looked like fear of the ball coming at him with a safety nearby. And don't get me started on his blocking. The man was a net negative from day 1.

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How long has this been discussed?   34 pages, 6 months more?

blob.png.146550e702d0eb617636e34d6d9b79d3.png

The hoard of Josh Allen playa hatas on this board need to know the TRUFF. Ya know cause there's so many of them.

Tbh I think even those not sure about his accuracy think it's good enough considering the other attributes he displayed. Consensus seems either he's great at everything or he has some weaknesses that shouldn't limit him from winning games.. like ole' Favre. Not all the most effective quarterbacks had to have Drew Brees accuracy to have their heroics.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How long has this been discussed?   34 pages, 6 months more?

blob.png.146550e702d0eb617636e34d6d9b79d3.png

Gee, I'm sorry. Not all of us here are trying to fill the void left by 26CB's departure that you seem to feel you've filled by breaking news with a new thread a day... way to break that news on how the Bills are hosting Kid's Day on August 18th... you're a top notch news breaker :thumbsup:

Sorry bro, we're still waiting for the regular season and evidently this conversation is still intermittently happening.

The fact that just seeing this thread irritates posters like you and @Foxx is just icing on the cake, baby.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Cheers.gif

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gee, I'm sorry. Not all of us here are trying to fill the void left by 26CB's departure that you seem to feel you've filled by breaking news with a new thread a day... way to break that news on how the Bills are hosting Kid's Day on August 18th... you're a top notch news breaker :thumbsup:

Sorry bro, we're still waiting for the regular season and evidently this conversation is still intermittently happening.

The fact that just seeing this thread irritates posters like you and @Foxx is just icing on the cake, baby.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Cheers.gif

Has 26CB departed? I missed that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Has 26CB departed? I missed that. 

The dude must have had a paid Twitter account or something. If so, I'd definitely love to follow him and get Bills alerts. Don't see a Twitter handle with 26CB out there.

I miss the man. @26CornerBlitz we love you man. Please come back. I'm sorry if we ever hurt you. I'm just asking for a second chance.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

living. rent. free. hahahahahahahaaaa.

For an off-season thread.. this one's actually pretty great lol. I'm glad we've for the most part merged all Josh Allen talk on one thread instead of filling up most of the front page with JA factoids at the beginning of off-season. It was Two Josh Allen Drive in here for a while. The Josh Allen Wall.

• Thank you (+1) 1

whoooosh    over the head 

3 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

The dude must have had a paid Twitter account or something. If so, I'd definitely love to follow him and get Bills alerts. Don't see a Twitter handle with 26CB out there.

I miss the man. @26CornerBlitz we love you man. Please come back. I'm sorry if we ever hurt you. I'm just asking for a second chance.

For an off-season thread.. this one's actually pretty great lol. I'm glad we've for the most part merged all Josh Allen talk on one thread instead of filling up most of the front page with JA factoids at the beginning of off-season. It was Two Josh Allen Drive in here for a while. The Josh Allen Wall.

Only if he leaves the "incite" at the door.  

From what I have heard (oh so long ago)  He wandered off and was happily posting on another sports forum about the Bills. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

whoooosh    over the head 

Only if he leaves the "incite" at the door.  

From what I have heard (oh so long ago)  He wandered off and was happily posting on another sports forum about the Bills. 

over my head? Just saying I liked his contribution. But he did tend to get into his fair share of fights on here. Idk what you mean by "incite" is there a story behind that?

I might hunt him down in the various Bills forums and DM him for his Twitter account. Dude is the Bills version of WojBombs.

17 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

over my head? Just saying I liked his contribution. But he did tend to get into his fair share of fights on here. Idk what you mean by "incite" is there a story behind that?

I might hunt him down in the various Bills forums and DM him for his Twitter account. Dude is the Bills version of WojBombs.

shady was referring to trans, i'm sure. he totally missed my occupying a space in his head, rent free. :rolleyes:

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

shady was referring to trans, i'm sure. he totally missed my occupying a space in his head, rent free. :rolleyes:

Oh, that was your attempt to insult me?

Living rent free... is this some brand new insult or something? Never heard it... and I'm interacting with 15-18 year olds all year.

Weird if you (or Shady, for that matter) think that's an insult considering how much you seem to bring me up and @ me.

Makes sense you wouldn't see the irony, though.

Thinking much about posters on an Internet Message board? Yah, not me. How much have I even been here this Summer? The very little time I've poked my head in have been to post some offseason relevant stuff. And seeing you and Shady get all hot and bothered is just some added fun.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, DJB said:

Allen 9 /11 vs Carolina tonight.  Two incompletions were a drop by Shady and a throwaway. 

Inaccurate my arse. 

He was 82% for a 9.3 YPA, led 2 drives for 10 points and he hit every one of his short passes. 

• Like (+1) 1