Allen is NOT inaccurate unless Baker, Lamar, Darnold, Rosen, 2017 Watson & 2016 Wentz are, too

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You prefaced your post well lobotomyBF.   

In a complex world, Simple minds need simple answers. 

So you're resorting to an "I know you are, but what am I?" post?

Ridiculous.

Joe Flacco was the singular driving factor involved in that Super Bowl run.

"Bu... bu... but the defense held the Patriots to 13 points!!!"

True, and they held Indianapolis to 9 points.

But where was the Defense for the Denver game or for the Super Bowl when they gave up a combined 66 points and 866 yards?

Yeah, the sure did rise up and lift that team to victory.

Oh wait... no they didn't.

By the way, in those 2 combined games Flacco threw the ball 67 times for over 600 yards, 6 TDs and ZERO Interceptions.

It was consistently Flacco.  You're being silly.

But keep diggin your hole.  See how far down you can go.  Maybe you'll reach China.

39 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So you're resorting to an "I know you are, but what am I?" post?

Ridiculous.

Joe Flacco was the singular driving factor involved in that Super Bowl run.

"Bu... bu... but the defense held the Patriots to 13 points!!!"

True, and they held Indianapolis to 9 points.

But where was the Defense for the Denver game or for the Super Bowl when they gave up a combined 66 points and 866 yards?

Yeah, the sure did rise up and lift that team to victory.

Oh wait... no they didn't.

By the way, in those 2 combined games Flacco threw the ball 67 times for over 600 yards, 6 TDs and ZERO Interceptions.

It was consistently Flacco.  You're being silly.

But keep diggin your hole.  See how far down you can go.  Maybe you'll reach China.

“But where was the Defense for the Denver”?

Tell you what brah, rewatch that game and keep your eye on Corey Graham.  Let me know what you learn.  Ray Rice 131 yards? Watch the Denver DB misjudge an underthown bomb that just as easily could have been a game ending pick on 3rd and 3. 

ok SF... Flacco had a nice first half And A Very ineffective  Second half. Tucker and Jacoby Jones 108 yd kickoff return and a last second goal line stand won that game. 

Sure Flacco played well, as he has in other years and in other playoff runs. He didn’t have some out of body experience, he was surrounded with the most complete Ravens team EVER, WR, RB, Defense, KR,K,OL.

That’s why they won.

Sorry the facts don’t fit the narrative Flacco became a one time 4 week Hall of Famer than forgot how to play, which I guess is your position....  

sure that makes more sense than having a really good team. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

“But where was the Defense for the Denver”?

Tell you what brah, rewatch that game and keep your eye on Corey Graham.  Let me know what you learn.  Ray Rice 131 yards? Watch the Denver DB misjudge an underthown bomb that just as easily could have been a game ending pick on 3rd and 3. 

ok SF... Flacco had a nice first half And A Very ineffective  Second half. Tucker and Jacoby Jones 108 yd kickoff return and a last second goal line stand won that game. 

Sure Flacco played well, as he has in other years and in other playoff runs. He didn’t have some out of body experience, he was surrounded with the most complete Ravens team EVER, WR, RB, Defense, KR,K,OL.

That’s why they won.

Sorry the facts don’t fit the narrative Flacco became a one time 4 week Hall of Famer than forgot how to play, which I guess is your position....  

sure that makes more sense than having a really good team. 

Nice job cherry-picking.

The facts are that Flacco had one of the most impressive playoff to Super Bowl runs as a QB in NFL history.

The guy threw ZERO interceptions to 11 TDs.  4 of those TDs were in the 4th Quarter.  1 was essentially a walkoff game winning TD.

Tell you what, football is the ultimate team game, so it's obvious that other players on the Ravens were required to win that Super Bowl on the field at various times, but it's delusional to insinuate that Flacco was somehow along for the ride or that the defense was somehow more responsible for that Super Bowl win.

The Ravens had a middling defense that year during the regular season and a middling defense throughout the defense.

That's what they were.

Now, maybe everyone found some extra motivation because Lewis was retiring, but as far as on the field play goes, Flacco was the single player BY FAR who was most responsible for that Super Bowl run.

I don't like Flacco and didn't really ever want him as our QB, but trying to take away or diminish an accomplishment like that is preposterous.

Tell you what, brah, rather than cherry-picking individual plays why don't you rewatch the ENTIRE 4 GAME RUN and identify a single player or a single positional group somehow more responsible for that Super Bowl run than Flacco.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Nice job cherry-picking.

The facts are that Flacco had one of the most impressive playoff to Super Bowl runs as a QB in NFL history.

The guy threw ZERO interceptions to 11 TDs.  4 of those TDs were in the 4th Quarter.  1 was essentially a walkoff game winning TD.

Tell you what, football is the ultimate team game, so it's obvious that other players on the Ravens were required to win that Super Bowl on the field at various times, but it's delusional to insinuate that Flacco was somehow along for the ride or that the defense was somehow more responsible for that Super Bowl win.

The Ravens had a middling defense that year during the regular season and a middling defense throughout the defense.

That's what they were.

Now, maybe everyone found some extra motivation because Lewis was retiring, but as far as on the field play goes, Flacco was the single player BY FAR who was most responsible for that Super Bowl run.

I don't like Flacco and didn't really ever want him as our QB, but trying to take away or diminish an accomplishment like that is preposterous.

Tell you what, brah, rather than cherry-picking individual plays why don't you rewatch the ENTIRE 4 GAME RUN and identify a single player or a single positional group somehow more responsible for that Super Bowl run than Flacco.

The facts are that Flacco had one of the most impressive playoff to Super Bowl runs as a QB in NFL history.”

?????????????

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And holy crap what a characterization of that pass.  Just went back and watched and rewatched and rewatched that play. #26 never even had a chance to intercept that ball, no matter what he did.  At best, he might have been able to tip it.  But Flacco threw a pretty good ball there.  Not perfect, but pretty good.  It could have been a little longer so that Jones wouldn't have to slow down, but the DB never had a chance to intercept, just to possibly make a play on it.

On top of that, you have Flacco evade pressure and step up in the pocket to make a clutch 3rd down throw at THE critical juncture of the game.

What an amazing play!

The way you paint that pass seriously contradicts reality.

Rather than telling me to go back and watch individual plays, maybe you should  :doh:

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And holy crap what a characterization of that pass.  Just went back and watched and rewatched and rewatched that play. #26 never even had a chance to intercept that ball, no matter what he did.  At best, he might have been able to tip it.  But Flacco threw a pretty good ball there.  Not perfect, but pretty good.  It could have been a little longer so that Jones wouldn't have to slow down, but the DB never had a chance to intercept, just to possibly make a play on it.

On top of that, you have Flacco evade pressure and step up in the pocket to make a clutch 3rd down throw at THE critical juncture of the game.

What an amazing play!

The way you paint that pass seriously contradicts reality.

Rather than telling me to go back and watch individual plays, maybe you should  :doh:

Funny the analyst in the clip even say “how could he have misplayed it THAT badly???” You’re starting to embarrass yourself badly, in writing now.    

Sorry this wins...Flacco greatest ever!!! Hahaha

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The facts are that Flacco had one of the most impressive playoff to Super Bowl runs as a QB in NFL history.”

?????????????

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

That's what I thought.

Sylvester-Stallone-Facepalm.gif

Guess those 29 years of fanhood haven't made you any smarter.

You derailed your own thread ?

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

?????????????

No meme is saving you now. Lolol maybe this one?

315E290F-43D6-4DBD-8E33-297F00CD2A00.thumb.jpeg.9c5ec294eeb2d41c9e7777a238fc0956.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/28/2019 at 8:33 AM, GunnerBill said:

I am sorry I don't agree. The driving force in that playoff run was Joe Flacco. He made amazing plays in the clutch time and again. He wasn't just a complimentary piece. He was the piece. 

He's had some MONEY runs in the playoffs. He's not had a particularly stellar career. Both things can be true. People seem to have a really difficult time accepting that two ostensibly contradictory things can both be true.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well. Louis Riddick is entitled to his own opinion, but how much you wanna bet he didn't actually watch all of Allen's passes this year?

It's a fair bet he probably watched less than half. 

But even if he did see them all, I think his assessment of Josh is all wrong. How can he be so big on Rosen who had a similar completion percentage and an equally bad OLine.

His assessment is inconsistent at best.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Josh makes up for his occasional inaccuracy with big plays.... I'll take the occasional overthrow or WTF was that throw if he is making big plays with his leg and arm like he started to do towards the end of the season.

I would like to see him cut down on the absolute bone head throws that he does make which go back to his days at Wyoming...

Just so I'm clear .... are you asserting that a rookie QB in the NFL made some bad throws?  Because I watch a lot of football and I never saw Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson or Rosen do that.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Just so I'm clear .... are you asserting that a rookie QB in the NFL made some bad throws?  Because I watch a lot of football and I never saw Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson or Rosen do that.  

I think I saw Rosen throw a bad one once.  

;)

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

I think I saw Rosen throw a bad one once.  

;)

That was a fluke.  Allen's bad passes are because he sucks and he went to Wyoming.

• Haha (+1) 1

Riddick's analysis is way off base. Allen had no success with KB(I get it, he sucks) and throwing 50/50 balls doesn't appear to be his thing. I think they acquired the right KIND of receivers; guys that are able to create separation. Much of his success came when he and Foster developed rapport DOWN the field. His take that the Bills should prioritize a bunch of big body/large catch radius types is not only lazy, but goes against the way the NFL is currently being played. 

It makes sense in theory; he's not particularly accurate so he should be throwing to guys with larger frames. It just isn't something I believe would translate well on the field. Separation is just as, if not more important than catch radius if your QB misses the spot more than league average.

It would be nice if they had a 6'3 receiver he could try to stick on 3rd and 10. I just don't think it's a NEED.

What you NEED are guys that are able to adjust to the ball whether they're 5'9 or 6'5.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

What you NEED are guys that are able to just to the ball whether they're 5'9 or 6'5.

Get open and catch the ball. It doesn't matter if you run a 4.4 or a 4.8 and it doesn't matter if you are 5'9 or 6'5...... get open and catch the ball. That is all it is about.

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Riddick's analysis is way off base. Allen had no success with KB(I get it, he sucks) and throwing 50/50 balls doesn't appear to be his thing. I think they acquired the right KIND of receivers; guys that are able to create separation. Much of his success came when he and Foster developed rapport DOWN the field. His take that the Bills should prioritize a bunch of big body/large catch radius types is not only lazy, but goes against the way the NFL is currently being played. 

It makes sense in theory; he's not particularly accurate so he should be throwing to guys with larger frames. It just isn't something I believe would translate well on the field. Separation is just as, if not more important than catch radius if your QB misses the spot more than league average.

It would be nice if they had a 6'3 receiver he could try to stick on 3rd and 10. I just don't think it's a NEED.

What you NEED are guys that are able to just to the ball whether they're 5'9 or 6'5.

in all fairness would throwing 50/50 balls have been any qb's thing on last years squad?

I have finished all of Josh Allen's games.  His final adjusted completion % is 74.2%.  That number factors in everything, decision making and pressure.  In terms of catch-able passes which only takes into account plays where a completion should have been expected based on the decision the QB made and the receivers availability; his % is 86.8%.  Some interesting notes:  Two of his worst games in catch-able % was in wins against Miami and Tennessee.  That Miami game was also his 3rd worst in adjusted completion%.  He made up for the lower % with his running ability which was highly effective in that game.

Game by Game notes

Baltimore - came in late during a blow-out.  Low % was because of team more than anything.  All of the incomplete passes I attributed to him were because of decision making, which is expected in a QB's first action.  Accuracy wasn't an issue.

L.A. Chargers - Accuracy wasn't an issue.  Decision making was.

Minnesota - Accuracy and decision making were both good in this game with only 2 bad plays attributed to Allen, 1 poor decision and 1 poor throw.

Green Bay - Decision making was more of a problem in this game than accuracy but he had some issues with both.  This was his worst game and 1 of 2 where I had him in the 60's for adjusted %.

Tennessee - Accuracy was an issue in this game with 3 un-catch-able passes in only 14 attempts.

Houston - This was a pretty good game with 1 questionable accuracy and 2 questionable decisions.

Jacksonville - This was a decent game with accuracy being the main issue but he was still at an 80% catch-able rate.

Miami - This was Allen's 2nd worst game in terms of adjusted %.  It is the only other game in the 60% range, although at 69.3 it was very close to 70%.  This was one of his most inaccurate games (tied for 2nd) so that was more of a problem than decision making.

N.Y. Jets - This game was close to equal share of bad passes and questionable decisions.  His accuracy % wasn't bad at 86.2% but combine it with the decisions and he wasn't good enough in this game, with the ending being the most disappointing part.

Detroit - Accuracy was perfectly fine in this game.  Decision making could have been better but overall this was his 3rd best game in adjusted %.

New England - This was similar to the Jets game where accuracy wasn't necessarily an issue and decision making was really what affected his %.  There were also some big plays lost because of receivers or issues with the sun.

Miami - This was a dominating win but not necessarily one of Allen's best days in the passing game.  It is actually his worst in terms of catch-able %, which made it the 3rd worst in adjusted %.

Overall, I don't think accuracy is really an issue.  I do think it will improve with a better team around him.  Less pressure and more experience should make him a better decision maker which will also make him more accurate because he is playing with more confidence in himself and the team around him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wiley16350 said:

I have finished all of Josh Allen's games.  His final adjusted completion % is 74.2%.  That number factors in everything, decision making and pressure.  In terms of catch-able passes which only takes into account plays where a completion should have been expected based on the decision the QB made and the receivers availability; his % is 86.8%.  Some interesting notes:  Two of his worst games in catch-able % was in wins against Miami and Tennessee.  That Miami game was also his 3rd worst in adjusted completion%.  He made up for the lower % with his running ability which was highly effective in that game. ...

it is hard to really understand these numbers without having them in the proper context. that being, the numbers for the other top 36 QB's in the league. having the proper context could possibly give meaning to them but maybe not. until that happens ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wiley16350 said:

I have finished all of Josh Allen's games.  His final adjusted completion % is 74.2%.  That number factors in everything, decision making and pressure.  In terms of catch-able passes which only takes into account plays where a completion should have been expected based on the decision the QB made and the receivers availability; his % is 86.8%.  Some interesting notes:  Two of his worst games in catch-able % was in wins against Miami and Tennessee.  That Miami game was also his 3rd worst in adjusted completion%.  He made up for the lower % with his running ability which was highly effective in that game.

Game by Game notes

Baltimore - came in late during a blow-out.  Low % was because of team more than anything.  All of the incomplete passes I attributed to him were because of decision making, which is expected in a QB's first action.  Accuracy wasn't an issue.

L.A. Chargers - Accuracy wasn't an issue.  Decision making was.

Minnesota - Accuracy and decision making were both good in this game with only 2 bad plays attributed to Allen, 1 poor decision and 1 poor throw.

Green Bay - Decision making was more of a problem in this game than accuracy but he had some issues with both.  This was his worst game and 1 of 2 where I had him in the 60's for adjusted %.

Tennessee - Accuracy was an issue in this game with 3 un-catch-able passes in only 14 attempts.

Houston - This was a pretty good game with 1 questionable accuracy and 2 questionable decisions.

Jacksonville - This was a decent game with accuracy being the main issue but he was still at an 80% catch-able rate.

Miami - This was Allen's 2nd worst game in terms of adjusted %.  It is the only other game in the 60% range, although at 69.3 it was very close to 70%.  This was one of his most inaccurate games (tied for 2nd) so that was more of a problem than decision making.

N.Y. Jets - This game was close to equal share of bad passes and questionable decisions.  His accuracy % wasn't bad at 86.2% but combine it with the decisions and he wasn't good enough in this game, with the ending being the most disappointing part.

Detroit - Accuracy was perfectly fine in this game.  Decision making could have been better but overall this was his 3rd best game in adjusted %.

New England - This was similar to the Jets game where accuracy wasn't necessarily an issue and decision making was really what affected his %.  There were also some big plays lost because of receivers or issues with the sun.

Miami - This was a dominating win but not necessarily one of Allen's best days in the passing game.  It is actually his worst in terms of catch-able %, which made it the 3rd worst in adjusted %.

Overall, I don't think accuracy is really an issue.  I do think it will improve with a better team around him.  Less pressure and more experience should make him a better decision maker which will also make him more accurate because he is playing with more confidence in himself and the team around him.

Well I certainly appreciate the work done by you.

Jives with what I've been saying: accuracy isn't a big problem for Allen. Decision making was the much bigger problem.

Are you still doing all the other QBs, too?

His numbers--while interesting--don't mean much with out at least a handful of others to compare him with.

• Like (+1) 1