Allen is NOT inaccurate unless Baker, Lamar, Darnold, Rosen, 2017 Watson & 2016 Wentz are, too

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

... I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Allen makes a gigantic leap in completion % to 62% or higher  :thumbsup: ...

i'm begging you, just please stop.

• Haha (+1) 3

Really cool info, I knew Jackson was overrated but I didn't realize how much of a RB posing as a QB he is with his pass attempts. Ravens going all in on him is a mistake, he will put up big numbers and flashy stats, but he won't be a championship caliber qb. I just wish the NFL media saw this, seeing as Josh Allen is the media pinata.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-breakout-players-heres-a-look-at-10-who-are-poised-for-big-things-this-season/amp/

2019 NFL Breakout Players: Here's a look at 10 who are poised for big things this season

2181054.png
team logo
VIEW PROFILE
Josh AllenBUF • QB • 17

What he did last year with a horrible supporting cast was impressive. Yes, I know the completion percentage was bad, but he had poor play from his receivers with a ton of drops.

57 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-breakout-players-heres-a-look-at-10-who-are-poised-for-big-things-this-season/amp/

2019 NFL Breakout Players: Here's a look at 10 who are poised for big things this season

2181054.png
team logo
VIEW PROFILE
Josh AllenBUF • QB • 17

What he did last year with a horrible supporting cast was impressive. Yes, I know the completion percentage was bad, but he had poor play from his receivers with a ton of drops.

Dude you just posted this in the other thread that you made. Why bump another thread from long ago with the same exact info?

• Haha (+1) 1

Wobbly start: Lamar Jackson critical of his early offseason practices

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/49767/wobbly-start-lamar-jackson-critical-of-his-early-offseason-practices

One player, who did not want to speak publicly, said Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the best of the quarterbacks so far but that Josh Rosen also has played well.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article229733894.html

Edited by Big Blitz

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/49767/wobbly-start-lamar-jackson-critical-of-his-early-offseason-practices

One player, who did not want to speak publicly, said Ryan Fitzpatrick has been the best of the quarterbacks so far but that Josh Rosen also has played well.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article229733894.html

I think it's gonna be pretty cool that 3 of the 5 2018 1st round rookie QBs are in the AFCE and all 5 are in the AFC.

These guys will definitely be competing with each other.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I mean to be fair to Rosen Fitzpatrick has a decent head start in both experience in the league and in the teams system. I mean Rosen is basically starting in the system at the same time as if he was drafted this year.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

He played awesome in the playoffs that season no doubt about it.  But please find me a Ravens fan who thinks Flacco is the reason they won that SB. You won’t.  He got hot like how ELi Manning would.  

I used to work for a company owned by the Ravens owner and the corporate office is outside of Baltimore...Flacco was God to the Ravens fans that year.  They absolutely will say he won that Super Bowl.  The Ravens were the 4th seed that year...he propelled them into the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/22/2019 at 12:37 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Completion percentage is what correlates most with team success, but because so many factors go into completion percentage separate from actual QB accuracy--QB & WR communication, WRs ability to catch, tips and batted passes, Throwaways and Spikes, QB decision making, etc--this actually does matter in terms of the conversation as to how to increase that completion percentage.

And I'd bet you anything Beane & Co. analyzed the tape for the purpose of having the very same conversation.

Notice how offense-heavy we went this offseason?

Start off by cutting our least reliable pass catcher over the year and then go out and get one proven speedster WR and another who was 4th in the league last year (pretty sure that's right) in catching balls on plays he was targeted.

Then you bolster the crap outta your OL so that you give your young QB time and Windows to make good decisions and throw the ball.

It matters in the grand scheme of our current year 1 to year 2 conversation because all any of us want to see is a successful Allen. 

The point, really, is that his distance from rookie QB to Franchise QB isn't greater than that distance is for the typical rookie QB as far as passing accuracy goes.

It matters in this grand offseason sports message board conversation we have. Of course, since you're here on this sports message board, I assume you believe this grand offseason sports message board conversation we have every year is meaningful.

And if you don't, why don't you go fishing in an actual body of water rather than on the Internet until the season starts?

And I like you. 

I get some right. I get some wrong.

I feel good about Allen.

If you need to calm your mind somehow, just remember that even broken clocks are right twice a day  :thumbsup:

I really don’t think it’s about you getting it right or wrong.  You just fall in love with Bills QB’s and become over the top homerish.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to work for a company owned by the Ravens owner and the corporate office is outside of Baltimore...Flacco was God to the Ravens fans that year.  They absolutely will say he won that Super Bowl.  The Ravens were the 4th seed that year...he propelled them into the Super Bowl.

Yes. Eli only really stepped his game up in the second super bowl run but it still wasn't to the level Flacco did. Plus, Flacco played with an aging Baltimore defense that gave up more than 30 points twice in the playoffs that year. Flacco had to step up. The Giants defense on the other hand did not give up over 20 point in any of the 8 post season games in those two Super Bowl runs and they gave up 17 points or less in 6 of the 8 games.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

I have now done 8 of Josh Allen's games.  Here are some stats that may interest some of you.

My adjusted completion% for Allen is 74.5%.  His actual % for the first 8 games was at 52.8, so the team around him accounted for a 21.7% difference.  That adjusted percentage includes all bad decisions, poor accuracy and any pass where a completion should have been expected based on coverage, even against pressure.  In terms of accuracy I have Allen down for having 87% (121 of 139) of his passes as catch-able.  The passes that are included in that is all completions and then all passes that fell incomplete because of drops and off target throws.  It does not include passes that were defended unless it was determined that the pass was defended because of questionable accuracy.  Breaking down the accuracy percentage.  Of the 18 inaccurate passes that I charted for him, 7 of them were influenced by pressure.  4 of them were thrown into good coverage.  That leaves 7 passes of the 139 (5%) that were thrown to open receivers without pressure and were still poorly thrown.  In my opinion decision making is more of an issue than accuracy.  That should definitely improve, the more he plays.  The improvement of the team around him should also help improve the completion %.  So the question is, how much will better decision making and better team mates help improve Allen's completion%?  If they can cut that 21.7% difference in half this year, then 60+% should be attainable without Allen really improving his accuracy.

I should add that these percentages are based solely on catch-ability, not precision.  Pretty much what the OP was talking about.  He can definitely improve on precision but to me that is where confidence in his team (protection and receivers getting open) will help improve his accuracy.  At the 6 week mark I had him ranked in the top 10 for lowest off target %.  The week 13 Dolphins game was his worst in terms of off target % (so far) and moved him into the 20's but he also has 2 more games than the others so it's not necessarily a fair comparison.  We'll see if that improves later on.  Three interesting players that are pretty much equal to Josh Allen in off target % are Sam Darnold, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tom Brady.  Josh Rosen is worse.  other notable QB's worse than Allen in off target % are: Mitchell Trubisky, Tyrod Taylor, DeShaun Watson, Jared Goff, Ben Roethlisberger, Jimmy Garoppolo and Marcus Mariota.  4 of those QB's were in the playoffs.

Edited by wiley16350
added information
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/24/2019 at 12:26 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I know.

The poster above made a false claim, though.

Flaccid wasn't the reason he made the playoffs. But he absolutely was the reason they won all the way through the playoffs.

And any sane Ravens fan acknowledges that.

Ray lewis willed that team to a Super Bowl after ray rice miraculously got them in. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ray lewis willed that team to a Super Bowl after ray rice miraculously got them in. 

Lewis was the emotional leader, but Flacco's elevated play on the field was the single biggest reason the Ravens made that playoff run to win the Super Bowl that year, as every Ravens fan will admit.

37 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Lewis was the emotional leader, but Flacco's elevated play on the field was the single biggest reason the Ravens made that playoff run to win the Super Bowl that year, as every Ravens fan will admit.

I’m surrounded by ravens fans. So far your statement in unofficial polling has proven to be incorrect. 

Ray Lewis telling his team it’s ‘his last ride’ was the single biggest reason, followed by Anquan Boldin being un-coverable.  

Flacco played better in the post season as he usually does. And ‘14 was a career regular season for him too.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood