Allen is NOT inaccurate unless Baker, Lamar, Darnold, Rosen, 2017 Watson & 2016 Wentz are, too

4 games under 50 percent completions vs 2 games over 60 percent completions tells me Allen has problems with completion percentage, His completion percentage being right near the bottom of the league is a problem. Him having mor interceptions than to passes is a problem too. If the players have high drop rates it could be because he is throwing the ball too hard in some cases and is lacking touch. He runs well and does a good job of avoiding the rush, but he needs to improve as a passer. 

Edited by Superhero
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, Superhero said:

4 games under 50 percent completions vs 2 games over 60 percent completions tells me Allen has problems with completion percentage, His completion percentage being right near the bottom of the league is a problem. Him having mor interceptions than to passes is a problem too. If the players have high drop rates it could be because he is throwing the ball too hard in some cases and is lacking touch. He runs well and does a good job of avoiding the rush, but he needs to improve as a passer. 

These are NFL Wide Receivers. 

Aside from me asking if you watched that 5 minute youtube drop video and sincerely thought most of those passes were dropped because the ball was thrown too hard and lacked touch, I'd just say that they're friggin NFL Wide Receivers who should be able to catch a damn ball that they get their hands on.

His completion percentage does need to improve, obviously, but it's more a product of the talent around him and decision making on his part than it is his actual accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wicked accurate off play fakes, just like he was at Wyoming. Gives me confidence in his development. How hard was it for him to establish any timing last’s year that wasn’t off playaction? He was forced out of the pocket in about 2 seconds more often than not.

5 hours ago, Chemical said:

Brown had a very high drop rate last year. Beasley should help improve the overall drop rate slightly. 

Look at who was throwing the ball to brown and how many of those were on the edge of catchable and that says a lot. If you look at Brown before last year he was fine. I am not worried.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Look at who was throwing the ball to brown and how many of those were on the edge of catchable and that says a lot. If you look at Brown before last year he was fine. I am not worried.

You may be right but could get into chicken/egg type circular argument here. If you’re going to claim Allen’s drop rate was due to his bad receivers why is Flacco’s due to his poor accuracy? 

• Like (+1) 2

but Allen = inaccurate is the media narrative, scripted for announcers by producers.  He just needs to go out and win games and all of it will largely go away.  No one talks about Cam being inaccurate when they are winning.   Ignore the media.  Lets see how he does on the field this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

but Allen = inaccurate is the media narrative, scripted for announcers by producers.  He just needs to go out and win games and all of it will largely go away.  No one talks about Cam being inaccurate when they are winning.   Ignore the media.  Lets see how he does on the field this year.  

No, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still, in comparison to the other top QBs inaccurate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

You may be right but could get into chicken/egg type circular argument here. If you’re going to claim Allen’s drop rate was due to his bad receivers why is Flacco’s due to his poor accuracy? 

That was not How about Lamar Jackson? you no the RB playing QB? lol? and you made my point in itself. so yea.. lol..

Allen is a stronger running QB than Tyrod was-which is amazing. Yes, you don't want the guy to get hurt but his running ability-especially near the goal line is a major weapon the D has to account for. He will always be more effective than his passing stats-the goal is to win.

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

I don't think Flacco at QB was the problem for Brown.

Here are Brown's 2018 splits by quarter season.  Lamar Jackson took over at QB with Game 10. (if you click on the chart, it will embiggen)

image.thumb.png.167ada1cf305070e07ad079b2679c3c5.png

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And let's hope Zay is much better and Foster keeps improving.

I think cutting Clay was ultimately addition by subtraction.

I kind of picture Clay and Kelvin sitting together, in a hot tub or maybe a bar, counting their Benjamins and agreeing "process my ass, why bust it for a QB who is not Tom Brady?

I don't think Arizona is going to like Clay too much.  But I could be wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think Flacco at QB was the problem for Brown.

Here are Brown's 2018 splits by quarter season.  Lamar Jackson took over at QB with Game 10. (if you click on the chart, it will embiggen)

image.thumb.png.167ada1cf305070e07ad079b2679c3c5.png

a lot of people don't realize brown was on pace for an 1100 yd season 8 games into last season. I've been preaching that since before we even signed him. 

Jackson rendered him and any other perimeter player obsolete last year...… if I was marquise brown I think I may have wanted to get drafted by any of the other 31 nfl teams.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I kind of picture Clay and Kelvin sitting together, in a hot tub or maybe a bar, counting their Benjamins and agreeing "process my ass, why bust it for a QB who is not Tom Brady?

in hindsight the most impactful play clay ever "made" was the drop in Miami saving us 6( maybe it was 7)draft slots and landing oliver.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

whaley.jpg

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, Tim Murray looks like he got a raw deal.  And a lot of Whaley guys played big roles on good teams.  Also, Osteria is a really good Buffalo restaurant.

It's just the image I pictured while reading his statement. I thought about dropping KB & Clay's faces, but didn't feel like actually doing it.