Sully, Bucky and Sal Maiorana Talk Patriots Destruction Of The Chargers

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is absolutely correct.   And while I had a soft spot in my heart for the Eagles, I was glad they did not win vs. New Orleans.  For whatever reason, they did not successfully bring pressure up the middle that game.  They consistently allowed New Orleans to gash them and convert on 3rd-and-forever.  Brady would have carved them up like a Christmas Turkey this year, and again for whatever reason - Jeffrey's broken ribs, OG going out with a broken leg - they were not able to "keep up" in a shoot-out.

I do not want to watch a Superbowl analogous to the NE-Chargers game.

I thought the same thing.  They were getting too beat up and even if they pulled the game out on Sunday, I can’t see that defense (with an injured Fletcher Cox) finding an answer versus the Rams offense

11 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Dual threat TEs are important. It isn't an either or.  If receiving was all that mattered, they could have very easily made Gronk a WR.  The difference is what they can do in-line. 

But Gronk’s receiving ability seems to be somewhat diminished.  You said “he can block, that’s all that matters.”  I disagree.  Like you said, you have to be a dual threat 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I thought the same thing.  They were getting too beat up and even if they pulled the game out on Sunday, I can’t see that defense (with an injured Fletcher Cox) finding an answer versus the Rams offense

But Gronk’s receiving ability seems to be somewhat diminished.  You said “he can block, that’s all that matters.”  I disagree.  Like you said, you have to be a dual threat 

Its for sure diminished.  My point is that a TE can have a really good day, even if the reason his day was so good is because he was a dominant blocker. 

17 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Listened to the Bucky and Sully Show on 1270 AM in Buffalo.  Some real interesting points.

- Sully said Bills fans need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  He said that as a Red Sox as a fan in the 1970’s, he’d always cheer for the Yankees after they beat the Sox.  Fans shouldn’t be happy rooting for another team’s misery.  Bucky said he has Patriots fatigue.  

lol

Yes, Sully. It’s much better to be happy rooting for your own team’s misery.... 

4 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Its never been looked into or proven. Its conjecture by ex players who got beat.

No actually there are former Patriot players who brought things up, like Doug Flutie saying he once picked up Brady's helmet by mistake and could her his OC even during plays.

But I'll grant you neither you nor I know anything for sure...except that the NFL investigated Spygate, punished the Pats, and immediately swept it all under the rug. Once a cheater, always a cheater?

At least these guys have the decency to call it as it is.  Compare this to the clowns across WGR who were talking about the demise of the Patriots all year.  I'd say they're all eating crow, but they're all just talking head homers.

23 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

- Sully said Bills fans need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  He said that as a Red Sox as a fan in the 1970’s, he’d always cheer for the Yankees after they beat the Sox.  Fans shouldn’t be happy rooting for another team’s misery.  Bucky said he has Patriots fatigue.  

Sulky himself said he was not a football fan so do opposite of what what he fans. 

Maybe he has fatigue because he has been cheering them beating Bills for so long.

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope not because the league never fully answered questions about what the Patriots were doing when they videotaped opposing teams practice. Or all the other whispers about what that team does, especially at Gillette stadium. For being such hard-nosed reporters they seem content to just give Belichick and Brady non-stop tongue baths. Never asking the hard questions. Just going along with the league cover-up.

As an ump told a pitcher once upon a time, “Mr. DiMaggio will let you know when it’s a strike.”

They cheat, they got lucky, they suck, blah blah blah. As Al Davis said “just win, BABY!”

16 minutes ago, Success said:

So, he was a Sox fan, and would root for the Yankees.

That strains credulity.

Even if true, he represents a group no larger than 1.

I know people like this.  I think he meant he’s root for NYY because they were in the AL like Boston.  So he’d support them because they represented the American League

I thought this was a joke because Maiorana and Sully are both simply awful, repetitive, overtly negative viewpoints and I didn't think they ever crossed paths any more.

I can't listen to or read either one but it's funny they really still have a listening audience?   Omg it must be the biggest waste of life tuning in to that nightmare.

Edited by Da webster guy

11 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I thought this was a joke because Maiorana and Sully are both simply awful, repetitive, overtly negative viewpoints and I didn't think they ever crossed paths any more.

I can't listen to or read either one but it's funny they really still have a listening audience?   Omg it must be the biggest waste of life tuning in to that nightmare.

I don't at all consider my life wasted, but thanks for your concern ... perhaps you should give them a listen:  Reasonable thought provoking takes, excellent guests, some more diverse sports talk and no meat/candy bar/ whatever drafts ... nowhere near as negative as their work at the BN, but for teams who had been the epitome of crap for years, the negative takes had their place within reason

On 1/14/2019 at 8:20 PM, BillyWhiteShows said:

- Sully said Bills fans need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  He said that as a Red Sox as a fan in the 1970’s, he’d always cheer for the Yankees after they beat the Sox.  

No true Red Sox fan would ever root for the Yankees. Never 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Gugny said:

Fans do need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  They have a better owner, a better coaching staff (who knows the rules better than anyone) and a better team than most teams, if not all teams, in the league.

It's pure jealousy.

As fans of the Bills, I would respectfully opine that it is our solemn right, nay, our duty, to dump on anything Patriots related whatsoever. :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

I’m pretty sure this is just adds fuel to fire in hating the patriots and every Boston franchise. I mean, I get that they need some way to motivate themselves,but this with Brady’s “everyone thinks we suck” comment just makes me want to punch myself in the face. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:35 AM, bills11 said:

The only thing for certain is Gus Bradley's gameplan was horrendous. The chargers essentially sat back in zone all game which resulted in Brady being as comfortable in the pocket as I've seen him since 2007 .

If you're going to sit back against Brady the coverage better perfect or your d line better be able to generate pressure neither happened hence the blowout .

despite chargers having plenty of talent ..gameplan reminded me of the bills 1st game vs Ravens and 1st half vs chargers before McDermott took over the playcalling sitting back in cover 2/3 no pressure getting picked apart by flacco and rivers clearly bills weren't 40 pts worse than ravens.

How could Bradley be that stupid. Over the last 2 years Brady has not been near as effective throwing deep and everyone knows it. He doesn't have the weapons anymore to throw deep. Bradley should of jammed the line with 11 guys and played man the entire 1st half.  At this point I'll  just cheer for the Patriots to win at all, so Brady can retire at the podium. So sick of of him and this organization. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

How could Bradley be that stupid. Over the last 2 years Brady has not been near as effective throwing deep and everyone knows it. He doesn't have the weapons anymore to throw deep. Bradley should of jammed the line with 11 guys and played man the entire 1st half.  At this point I'll  just cheer for the Patriots to win at all, so Brady can retire at the podium. So sick of of him and this organization. 

Thats one of the reasons for the Pats dominance. There are a lot of dumb coaches in the leaque. Heck just look at the division for the past 20 years.