Sully, Bucky and Sal Maiorana Talk Patriots Destruction Of The Chargers

Listened to the Bucky and Sully Show on 1270 AM in Buffalo.  Some real interesting points.

- Sully said Bills fans need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  He said that as a Red Sox as a fan in the 1970’s, he’d always cheer for the Yankees after they beat the Sox.  Fans shouldn’t be happy rooting for another team’s misery.  Bucky said he has Patriots fatigue.  

- Sal is sick of the Patriots but said it was no surprise that New England took a dump all over San Diego.  All 3 hosts trash Gus Bradley’s defensive plan and Sal said he knew SD would get destroyed by Brady.

- Oddly enough Bucky praised Gronkowski and said he had one of his best games as a Patriots (1 catch for 25 yards!?!?).  As said San Diego sucks because they couldn’t even stop a 32 year-old Julian Edelman.

- Talk switches to how team won with running the ball last week and why the run game isn’t dead in a passing league.  Sal says you can find running backs anywhere as evidence by CJ Anderson, and that the Bills should definitely move on from McCoy.

Good segment that you can hear below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bucky-and-sully-show/id1442870374?mt=2&i=1000427633267

Fans do need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  They have a better owner, a better coaching staff (who knows the rules better than anyone) and a better team than most teams, if not all teams, in the league.

It's pure jealousy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Fans do need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  They have a better owner, a better coaching staff (who knows the rules better than anyone) and a better team than most teams, if not all teams, in the league.

It's pure jealousy.

No they have an owner that got incredibly lucky twice.

There will never be another team that lets a QB like Brady get to the 6th round. But people also dont realize how close Bellichick had Brady and Tim Rattay. He ended up chosing Brady because he was taller...basically a coin flip.

Not only that but how often does a HC take a job, quit a few days later and then take the HC job of a division rival? Never. Its never happened before or since...

Lets Not pretend Kraft is some NFL savant...he basically is the beneficiary of 2 incredible strokes of luck.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone coming out of the woodwork saying they KNEW the Patriots would destroy the Chargers.

And yet a few days ago everyone talked about how the Chargers had a good chance.

I don't buy it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

There will never be another team that lets a QB like Brady get to the 6th round. But people also dont realize how close Bellichick had Brady and Tim Rattay. He ended up chosing Brady because he was taller...basically a coin flip.

Not only that but how often does a HC take a job, quit a few days later and then take the HC job of a division rival? Never. Its never happened before or since...

Lets Not pretend Kraft is some NFL savant...he basically is the beneficiary of 2 incredible strokes of luck.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda......

sour grape it all you want. We may never see this kind of dominance again in the NFL. 

The only thing for certain is Gus Bradley's gameplan was horrendous. The chargers essentially sat back in zone all game which resulted in Brady being as comfortable in the pocket as I've seen him since 2007 .

If you're going to sit back against Brady the coverage better perfect or your d line better be able to generate pressure neither happened hence the blowout .

despite chargers having plenty of talent ..gameplan reminded me of the bills 1st game vs Ravens and 1st half vs chargers before McDermott took over the playcalling sitting back in cover 2/3 no pressure getting picked apart by flacco and rivers clearly bills weren't 40 pts worse than ravens.

Edited by bills11

2 hours ago, bills11 said:

The only thing for certain is Gus Bradley's gameplan was horrendous. The chargers essentially sat back in zone all game which resulted in Brady being as comfortable in the pocket as I've seen him since 2007 .

If you're going to sit back against Brady the coverage better perfect or your d line better be able to generate pressure neither happened hence the blowout .

despite chargers having plenty of talent ..gameplan reminded me of the bills 1st game vs Ravens and 1st half vs chargers before McDermott took over the playcalling sitting back in cover 2/3 no pressure getting picked apart by flacco and rivers clearly bills weren't 40 pts worse than ravens.

Spot on!  Did the Chargers even watch any film?  Did they realize just who they were playing against?  

Having a "this got us here" mentality is fine, but the LAC could not have had a worse defensive game plan against the Pat*s short pass and run game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He didn't get nearly as lucky as Ralph Wilson.  The difference, here, is that Kraft built a winner.  He built a dynasty.

Ralph built a dream team that could never win a Super Bowl.

And Bills fans are bitter.  Period.

Agreed on the Chargers defensive game plan.  Why they didn’t switch to press man to man and at least going after Brady, preferably up the A gap.  Bradley was a terrible coach in Jax and he blew all of that talent Sunday.

If he started with this plan and quickly adapted after seeing what the Patriots were doing I would understand.  It reminds me of the stupid notion to keep passing no huddle in SB25.  Thurmond ran I believe for 145 yards in a small amount plays.  If they kept running, that would force Belicheck to place more guys on the line and we could then pass effectively.  I know ancient history, but Belicheck is up there with Lombardi and Paul Allen as the best coaches of all time, as much as I hate losing to them twice a year.

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's pure jealousy.

apoY335_700b.jpg

11 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Listened to the Bucky and Sully Show on 1270 AM in Buffalo.  Some real interesting points.

- Sully said Bills fans need to stop complaining about the Patriots.  He said that as a Red Sox as a fan in the 1970’s, he’d always cheer for the Yankees after they beat the Sox.  Fans shouldn’t be happy rooting for another team’s misery.  Bucky said he has Patriots fatigue.  

- Sal is sick of the Patriots but said it was no surprise that New England took a dump all over San Diego.  All 3 hosts trash Gus Bradley’s defensive plan and Sal said he knew SD would get destroyed by Brady.

- Oddly enough Bucky praised Gronkowski and said he had one of his best games as a Patriots (1 catch for 25 yards!?!?).  As said San Diego sucks because they couldn’t even stop a 32 year-old Julian Edelman.

- Talk switches to how team won with running the ball last week and why the run game isn’t dead in a passing league.  Sal says you can find running backs anywhere as evidence by CJ Anderson, and that the Bills should definitely move on from McCoy.

Good segment that you can hear below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bucky-and-sully-show/id1442870374?mt=2&i=1000427633267

Gronk had a phenomenal game. He was regularly destroying the lineman in front of him on run plays. Blocking is a big part of thr TE position. (He also got a PI in the end spzone that immediately led to their first TD.)

11 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

-

Sully is a dumb ass. I cannot wait until someone lays out Brady and he is carted off the Field. I would root for ISIS before the Cheats.