Report: Joe Philbin has interviewed with Bills

YoloinOhio

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think the most impressive part of the article is that it seems he transformed Iowa into Offensive Line U. It all started with him, which is pretty cool. 

Yeah, Gunner’s point about not succeeding with Indy’s OL is scary, but he is considered an OL guru of sorts. I don’t know what to think. We probably won’t get him regardless as he has a couple OC opportunities.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, Gunner’s point about not succeeding with Indy’s OL is scary, but he is considered an OL guru of sorts. I don’t know what to think. We probably won’t get him regardless as he has a couple OC opportunities.

I guess it was reported Browns, Minnesota, and us. Browns filled OC and OL coach and Minnesota is going the Kubiak way, so I think we are the ones left at the moment. I guess it depends on what teams like the Jets and Bengals do.  

10 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

He’s a massive upgrade over Castillo I’d be happy with this hire 

Castillo is widely considered one of the best O line coaches in the league. Think about the players he had to work with this year: he never had a chance. 

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I guess it was reported Browns, Minnesota, and us. Browns filled OC and OL coach and Minnesota is going the Kubiak way, so I think we are the ones left at the moment. I guess it depends on what teams like the Jets and Bengals do.  

Cincy needs an OC and he has ties to Zac Taylor. Of course that is going to be a bit of a longer process because they can’t eveb hire Taylor until Rams are out. He also has been mentioned as a candidate for Arizona OC with Kliff.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You'd think Castillo would have been the first OL coach to be hired.

BINGO! 

I really miss Kromer,  and knew the minute he left for the Rams,  that our oline would regress.  I remember the difference in our line play,  after he came back from suspension.

Edited by Pick-Six-Peterman
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I always felt bad for the guy.  He seemed like a Jauron guy who everyone likes but it’s because he was so nice.  Plus, he had that awful thing happen with his son.  I like having former head coaches on the staff so I’d welcome it.

Yeah that was tragic losing his son as he was getting his first HC job.

Always had a hard time rooting against him with Miami..........and yeah former head coaches on staff is a good thing.........especially for a guy like McD who really needs to be able to focus on improving at his own job going into a crucial year.     Doesn't need to be worrying about whether the OL is getting coached up properly.........having coaches on staff who understand what it's like to have their dream jobs on the line is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2

Always good to have a former (and not likely future) HC on your staff.  This could be a good add for McD.

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Castillo is widely considered one of the best O line coaches in the league. Think about the players he had to work with this year: he never had a chance. 

By whom?

Edited by eball

15 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

At least we got an interview 

Special teams coordinator was just hired and we never heard anything about an interview. 

Not every one gets announced or makes it to the press, and McBeane are pretty tight lipped about things. 

There have actually been numerous Bills coaching hires (since McD took over) where we didn’t hear anything about any interviews beforehand. 

• Thank you (+1) 1