GB Packers hire Nate Hackett as OC

YoloinOhio

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I gotta say, my first reaction to this news was "so this is how we waste the rest of Aaron Rodgers career"

In defense of the move, I seem to recall that after Marrone left, some players claimed Hackett would draw up creative plays every week and put them in the game plan, and Marrone would never use them.

But overall, my reaction was (to Green Bay): "Good Luck, Cupcake!"

I wouldn't overinterpret this. Hackett will be fulfilling the Curtis Modkins role. LeFleur is going to be running that offense.

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

What am I missing here.  He was terrible in Buffalo, he was terrible in Jacksonville.  Why does this guy keep getting hired?

He's not going to be running anything. 

17 hours ago, ganesh said:

Then why did he follow him to Jacksonville

I can't claim to know the answer to that one... loyalty, best chance of remaining in the NFL, maybe he didn't mind the constraint (didn't have to be adversarial)... who knows. Now we'll see what Hackett can do with a top QB.

Others have mentioned that his concepts and plays look good. Execution. particularly at the QB position may have been what has been holding him back. Unless something unforeseen happens there will be no excuses after this though