GB Packers hire Nate Hackett as OC

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think that whole offense just puked in their mouths after hearing this news.

I think all hires are going through Aaron Rodgers.

I'm happy for Nate Hackett and I hope he does well.

41 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys think this was a bad move?

Hard to say.  Not sure who he is away from Doug Marrone.  Marrone's offenses were never impressive, with Hackett as OC.  Don't know if that is on Hackett or Marrone.

We'll see how he works with LaFleur.

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Hard to say.  Not sure who he is away from Doug Marrone.  Marrone's offenses were never impressive, with Hackett as OC.  Don't know if that is on Hackett or Marrone.

We'll see how he works with LaFleur.

Not to mention, we'll see how it works with a QB who actually belongs in the league as a starter.

I watched the press conference where they introduced lafleur. 23 of the 27 minutes were from the CEO, mark murphy. looked as if he wanted to maintain as much power as possible. hiring someone who feels in over there head and will not demand any control of the 53 man roster.

That said I'm interested in seeing what hacket can do with a elite QB.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

It is just INSANE to me that the Packers' number 1 objective was "challenge Aaron Rodgers" and "Get him in a modern, innovative offense"....

AND THEY CHOSE NATE HACKETT!!!

The aren't even really words for this type of insanity.

I am without speech.

It really is mind boggling. 

His offenses have been brutal , I guess he had moderate success with Orton , but had Watkins/Woods/Goodwin too.   it's really hard to justify this , downright strange to me they'd link him with an aging Aaron Rodgers. 

Packers fans cannot be happy

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Luckily for Pack fans, Matt LeFleur is apparently going to be doing the playcalling. Still, I wouldn't want Hackett's fingerprints anywhere near my offense.

Would love if Hackett was calling plays just to see the look on Rodger's face when the call for the third consecutive dive play comes in from the sidelines.  Forget "pulling a Davis" and retiring at halftime, he'd create a new term and "pull a Rodgers" and retire mid-drive.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Surprising for sure, but I never felt like Hackett was the issue here.

I used to argue it was Hackett and not EJ - a lot.

Took the shock of hearing from some Bills players that EJ could not learn the playbook and that the coaches had to keep dumbing everything down to reading half the field for me to leap off the bandwagon. 

We will see what he can do sans Marrone and shoddy QB's.

9 hours ago, Logic said:

It is just INSANE to me that the Packers' number 1 objective was "challenge Aaron Rodgers" and "Get him in a modern, innovative offense"....

AND THEY CHOSE NATE HACKETT!!!

The aren't even really words for this type of insanity.

I am without speech.

They tried that here ,unfortunately ej was terrible.

Hackett rehabilitated himself last year when he did a really nice job in Jax. This year while the offense regressed it got obviously a lot worse after Hackett was fired. I am not sure he is necessarily the creative offensive mind Green Bay talked about.... but I think he has improved on the guy he was here in Buffalo. You have to remember that before Marrone hired him to OC here his only NFL coaching experience was as a Quality Control and Assistant QB Coach. And we hired him as QB/OC. He was thrown in totally at the deep end and while he sunk rather than swimming I think he has learnt from the experience.

Is Pettine still there? Re-creating the 2013 Bills staff?!

• Like (+1) 1