GB Packers hire Nate Hackett as OC

YoloinOhio

Say what you want about Nate Hackett, but go back and look at any of the All 22 footage either from when he was here or in Jax and you'll see pass game schemes that had guys running open all the time. I think, like any OC would, he's gonna do much better with Aaron Rodgers at QB vs. EJ, Lewis, Tuel, Orton, or Bortells. 

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I always LOVED the idea of Nate Hackett.

The really young prodigy with tons of offensive creativity and whose hire represents totally outside the box, innovative thinking.

Franchises who think/act on that level are the ones will be doing the winning rolling forward. 

The problem is that he has shown, to my satisfaction at least, that he is far from a prodigy.

Green Bay should have hired the "next" Nate Hackett.  Lazy hire.

Wait, wait, wait.  Nextmanup, notorious message board hero, is "satisfied" that Hacket can't coach?  Whoa, someone needs to get on the phone with Green Bay immediately.  They need this information.  

I will say this, When Hackett was here, our screens were crazy good but we ran way to much. I think Dougie screwed Hackett more then Hackett screwed Hackett. I will give him a fair shake there with the staff before I say this is a bad move.

Nee jerk reaction was to laugh but yea..

this is unbelievable. this guy must do something very, VERY well the coaches like thats not football related.

and no, i dont even want to guess what that might be

edit: hackett may get head coach looks if rodgers performs back at an all-pro level. LMFAO

Edited by GETTOTHE50

15 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys think this was a bad move?

I’m not sure.

What I am sure about is that :

1) Aaron Rodgers OK’d this move

2) Mike Pettine was asked his input as they both worked together here in Buffalo

3) Rodgers will be the first real legitimate NFL QB he’s ever worked with. 

I think you guys guys will be fine, he does a nice job of scheming players open, but with Doug Marrone as his head cause as well as a terrible QB (EJ Manuel, Kyle Ortin, Blake Bortles) it seemed too run heavy at times not very dynamic. I fully expect this to change drastically of course with Rodgers reading the defenses and adjusting the play at the line of scrimmage accordingly. I guess we’ll see though 

30 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

this is unbelievable. this guy must do something very, VERY well the coaches like thats not football related.

and no, i dont even want to guess what that might be

edit: hackett may get head coach looks if rodgers performs back at an all-pro level. LMFAO

Lol Hackett replaces Marone in Jax 

7 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

Hackett's unforgivable sin was failing to create an explosive offensive out of the QB carousel of EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, & Jeff Tuel as a rookie OC.

That he rode Blake Bortles to the #6 offense (#5 in points) last year apparently doesn't count for much.

Rode Leonard Fournette until he puked

1 hour ago, Nikademus said:

I think Marrone held Hackett back alot. Always wondered to what degree, but my assumption was it was a high one. I'm very curious to see how this goes. Either way we'll have an answer in the near future

Then why did he follow him to Jacksonville

They picked a nobody that Aaron Rodgers can legitimately ignore with no repercussions.

Obviously...

41 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

Hackett's unforgivable sin was failing to create an explosive offensive out of the QB carousel of EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, & Jeff Tuel as a rookie OC.

That he rode Blake Bortles the number one rushing offense to the #6 offense (#5 in points) last year apparently doesn't count for much.

Fixed the for you.

Is that the same offense he ran into the ground tho be the worst in the league?  

LOL nice try though.  Sweet take...

Edited by Mr. WEO