GB Packers hire Nate Hackett as OC

YoloinOhio

It is just INSANE to me that the Packers' number 1 objective was "challenge Aaron Rodgers" and "Get him in a modern, innovative offense"....

AND THEY CHOSE NATE HACKETT!!!

The aren't even really words for this type of insanity.

I am without speech.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

It is just INSANE to me that the Packers' number 1 objective was "challenge Aaron Rodgers" and "Get him in a modern, innovative offense"....

AND THEY CHOSE NATE HACKETT!!!

The aren't even really words for this type of insanity.

I am without speech.

The immediate reaction in me agrees 100%; fair and balanced side of me says he 'deserves' an opportunity without the marrone.

Edited by Cripple Creek
  • Like (+1) 1

I gotta say, my first reaction to this news was "so this is how we waste the rest of Aaron Rodgers career"

In defense of the move, I seem to recall that after Marrone left, some players claimed Hackett would draw up creative plays every week and put them in the game plan, and Marrone would never use them.

But overall, my reaction was (to Green Bay): "Good Luck, Cupcake!"

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I gotta say, my first reaction to this news was "so this is how we waste the rest of Aaron Rodgers career"

In defense of the move, I seem to recall that after Marrone left, some players claimed Hackett would draw up creative plays every week and put them in the game plan, and Marrone would never use them.

But overall, my reaction was (to Green Bay): "Good Luck, Cupcake!"

Yep im interested to see if it was Marrone who was the problem. And I'm assuming he was. 

3 immediate reactions here.

1) I can't believe how often the NFL loves to recycle failed coaching prospects; it never ends

2) I can't believe Green Bay, specifically, would be naive enough to hire Hackett as OC

3) Green Bay, as a franchise, is not nearly as smart as I thought they were; they are headed into a period of decline

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not gonna judge until I see it. Hackett always struck me as a creative guy. He's now working with one of the greatest QBs of all time.

I always LOVED the idea of Nate Hackett.

The really young prodigy with tons of offensive creativity and whose hire represents totally outside the box, innovative thinking.

Franchises who think/act on that level are the ones will be doing the winning rolling forward. 

The problem is that he has shown, to my satisfaction at least, that he is far from a prodigy.

Green Bay should have hired the "next" Nate Hackett.  Lazy hire.