Does Your Favorite Sports Team Play Your Favorite Sport?

I'm not sure I know how to ask this properly. So for me, baseball always has, and always will be my favorite sport. I could sit in any stadium, and watch any game, and be happy. Little League, High School, College, Minor League, MLB, doesn't matter. That being said, I'm an Astros fan. Granted I've only been rooting for them about eight years, but when they win, I'm happy, and I don't like when they lose. But even when they won the World Series last year, I wasn't THAT excited.

On the other hand, I'm obviously a huge Bills fan. The day we win it all, I'll cry tears of joy. But I only watch a small handful of NFL games outside of the Bills. I've watched parts of maybe two playoff games this year. Hockey, I love the Sabres almost as much as the Bills. But I honestly can't remember the last time I sat down to watch an NHL game not involving the Sabres, and barely follow the rest of the league. 

The way I explained it to my co-worker is if I was in Denver, CO, and had free tickets to see the Broncos play the Bills at the same time as the Rockies were playing the Astros, I'd go watch the Bills. If they were both playing two teams I don't care for one way or the other (let's say Chargers and Padres), I'd go to the baseball game. Even that's assuming the Bills were on a bye or something, because I'd probably turn them both down to go watch the Bills on TV somewhere.

Is that weird? Being so passionate about a sport, but not your favorite team, or vice versa?

If I had a chance to see either the Bills or the Mets on the same day, I'd choose the Bills simply because there aren't as many opportunities.

Baseball and football are so different, including the game day experience.  I, personally, do not tailgate prior to/after Mets games.  I did it once, but that was the exception.  I think I go to the Bills games for the tailgate as much as/more than the game itself.

During a baseball game, there's a lot more opportunity to get up, stretch legs, grab a bite or a beer, etc.  You might miss something, but usually not.  I normally don't get out of my seat more than once at a Bills game.  You will almost always miss something.

I am more likely, on TV, to watch a non-Bills football game than a non-Mets baseball game.  I honestly can't decide which sport I love more, though.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I'm not sure I know how to ask this properly. So for me, baseball always has, and always will be my favorite sport. I could sit in any stadium, and watch any game, and be happy. Little League, High School, College, Minor League, MLB, doesn't matter. That being said, I'm an Astros fan. Granted I've only been rooting for them about eight years, but when they win, I'm happy, and I don't like when they lose. But even when they won the World Series last year, I wasn't THAT excited.

On the other hand, I'm obviously a huge Bills fan. The day we win it all, I'll cry tears of joy. But I only watch a small handful of NFL games outside of the Bills. I've watched parts of maybe two playoff games this year. Hockey, I love the Sabres almost as much as the Bills. But I honestly can't remember the last time I sat down to watch an NHL game not involving the Sabres, and barely follow the rest of the league. 

The way I explained it to my co-worker is if I was in Denver, CO, and had free tickets to see the Broncos play the Bills at the same time as the Rockies were playing the Astros, I'd go watch the Bills. If they were both playing two teams I don't care for one way or the other (let's say Chargers and Padres), I'd go to the baseball game. Even that's assuming the Bills were on a bye or something, because I'd probably turn them both down to go watch the Bills on TV somewhere.

Is that weird? Being so passionate about a sport, but not your favorite team, or vice versa?

You spend too much time here, as a newlywed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My favorite sport to play is basketball, but my favorite sports team is the Bills.

I find it kind of frustrating to watch basketball and it's hard to keep up with the broadcast schedule. With football, I like knowing that every game is Sunday at 1....or Saturday for college.

Yes: Buffalo Bills football.

When I was young, I was a four-season fan - football (Bills and Browns), baseball (Mets and Indians), basketball (Knicks and Braves), and hockey (Sabres) - but I lost interest in sports when I went to college. Between classes, a job, and a social life, there wasn't much time to watch. I eventually rekindled my interest in football; think it's partly because I enjoyed playing football as a kid, both in the sandlot and in a league, so watching it reminds me of those good times.

I played Little League baseball and then softball, but it wasn't as much fun as football, so I don't get into watching it. My basketball playing was limited to a hoop on a friend's garage, and I never played hockey, so neither of those sports have the same allure to me anymore.

23 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I am absolutely with you Joe.

I love all things Bills................................but Baseball is still #1 in my heart.

At least live...................I will sit down and watch from Pee-Wees to MLB

Not so much with TV coverage though.