Are the Bills the Ronald Wayne of the NFL?

Scorp83

2 hours ago, BBills88 said:

What does that say about the other 9 teams that drafted before the BILLS, I'm sure if every team knew what Mahomes would have become he would have been the first off the during the 2017 draft, and I think the (Cleveland, Chicago,San Fran) would have been happy.

The analogy applies to them as well. 

I'd say their comparison is pretty far away from "indisputable facts." These turds are paid to come up with controversial talking points in order to drum up interest and get people involved in calling in and discussing things with them. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't believe their own BS half the time. And I dunno how many times it has to be said but anyone that thinks Mahomes would've lit it up in Buffalo (or anywhere else) like he has in KC then you're delusional. He has an outrageous supporting cast and a very good OL plus a coach that's been known as "the QB whisperer" for years. He fell into a perfect situation and he's excelling, good for him. Other teams passed on him as well. There was a lot of hesitation from most who scouted this guy that they didn't think his style of play would translate well to the NFL. It's not like he was some perfect, can't-miss prospect, there were plenty of questions on him coming out of Texas Tech. 

Another thing beyond that, so many people think the only way to win in the NFL right now is to have a QB who throws for 450 yards and 5 TDs a game, yet here we are in the playoffs where defense makes the difference. The scores are 20-14, 21-7, 24-22, 16-15, etc. Yeah, the Patriots, Chiefs and Rams scored at least 30 in their games this weekend but that's more like the exception than the standard. Every year there are a handful of teams that light up the scoreboard while every other team averages between 14 and 26 points a game. This idea that no team can succeed without a quarterback that puts up Madden-type numbers every season just isn't the case. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are the Amy Adams of the NFL, or maybe she is the Buffalo Bills of acting.

I believe she is 0-5 for the Oscar.

EDIT:

Yep, she also lost 4 in 6 years

2006 - Supporting Actress for June Bug

2009 - Supporting Actress for Doubt

2011 - Supporting Actress for The Fighter

2013 - Supporting Actress for The Master

2014 - Best Actress for American Hustle

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We are the Amy Adams of the NFL, or maybe she is the Buffalo Bills of acting.

I believe she is 0-5 for the Oscar.

EDIT:

Yep, she also lost 4 in 6 years

2006 - Supporting Actress for June Bug

2009 - Supporting Actress for Doubt

2011 - Supporting Actress for The Fighter

2013 - Supporting Actress for The Master

2014 - Best Actress for American Hustle

A better analogy would be Deborah Kerr.

6 nominations, zero wins, long since faded from the limelight and passed into irrelevancy! 

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well the Bears were wrong as Mahomes is the better player by far yet they traded up to acquire a lesser player...

Yep. The Bears definitely made a poor choice. The Bills were not the only team to make a poor choice. But they DID make that poor choice.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Didn't recognize the name, had to look her up.

Oh, her! 

amy-adams-in-cindy-chao-jewellery-vanity

Ya know what, Nextmanup, you lose 4 statutes in 6 years, when you figure at some point...ya know, they would just give it to you, then you have a tendancy to be...

...pissed...Like a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

She was also a the side chick on the Office.

The one that Jim was dating...took on the booze cruise.

Outstanding memory, LSHMEAB.

EDIT:  DID you happen to catch her the other night?

....also losing at the Golden Globes.

Everyone talked about how if she had only taken the Kidman part in Big Little Lies she would have won.

What a screw up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Sure.

So Ronald Wayne was the co founder for Apple with Steve Jobs & Wozniak.... he sold his 10% Share (which is worth $100 Billion right now) for $800 ... Jeremy & Howard were comparing it to the Bill's situation.

"We pretty much sold our 10% share of Pat Mahomes for $800 & a good cornerback"

But it's more to it then just that, its mainly how good does Allen has to be for the decision to be justified? 

They're saying "he needs to be in the discussion of top 5...if Allen tops out as a top 12 QB...then the Bills have fallen short" 

depending on how good Mahomes turns out to be....had a tremendous year but it might wind up with falling short of super bowl again for chiefs.

he's now on tape we'll see what happens

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The one that Jim was dating...took on the booze cruise.

Outstanding memory, LSHMEAB.

EDIT:  DID you happen to catch her the other night?

....also losing at the Golden Globes.

Everyone talked about how if she had only taken the Kidman part in Big Little Lies she would have won.

What a screw up.

I don't think I've ever watched an awards show in my life. Not my thing.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yep. The Bears definitely made a poor choice. The Bills were not the only team to make a poor choice. But they DID make that poor choice.

Absolutely...

The Bills made a bad choice, the Bears made a bad choice the Jets, Jags and Browns made bad choices picking RB's and DB's when they had a need at QB...

I don't even know how to describe the Bengals reach for John Ross at 9, the pick before Mahomes went...

Plenty of second guessing to go around so I don't think Bills fans need to feel like they were the only ones that missed the Mahomes boat..

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I don't think I've ever watched an awards show in my life. Not my thing.

You mean you aren't dying in anticipation to see who is wearing Chanel or what new hair style Nicole Kidman is sporting?

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Christ, I really, really, really hope Allen ends up being great. Not just for the obvious reasons but also so we don't get another ten years of this Mahomes crap

If Philip Rivers and his feeble arm and Big Ben and his spanx are still playing winning football 15 years into the league then my guess is Mahomes will be chucking it a lot longer than "another ten years".:lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Sure.

So Ronald Wayne was the co founder for Apple with Steve Jobs & Wozniak.... he sold his 10% Share (which is worth $100 Billion right now) for $800 ... Jeremy & Howard were comparing it to the Bill's situation.

"We pretty much sold our 10% share of Pat Mahomes for $800 & a good cornerback"

But it's more to it then just that, its mainly how good does Allen has to be for the decision to be justified? 

They're saying "he needs to be in the discussion of top 5...if Allen tops out as a top 12 QB...then the Bills have fallen short" 

I knew once the playoffs hit that the Mahomes sh*t would finally start hitting the fan around Buffalo.

A lot of Bills fans are really just now seeing how good Mahomes really is.

Yeah even at the time of the trade the Bills HAD to understand that if they traded away the pick that was used on a player who became a franchise QB that there would be much scrutiny.

I've compared it to them passing on Marino in the 1983 draft.

A year later Marino had the greatest passing season ever and the Bills were 2-14 with THEIR draft pick lighting up the USFL.

It was hard to envision a scenario where Jim Kelly would ever come to Buffalo and even if he did Dan Marino was the heir apparent to Unitas as the greatest QB of all time.........it was pretty bleak.

The Bills got lucky and their years of tanking and the very timely subsequent death of the USFL gave them a franchise QB and a loaded roster that got the best of Marino for he and Kelly's prime years.

Hopefully Allen/Mahomes ultimately works out like Kelly/Marino did.      That's probably the best case scenario really.

As @davemcbride mentioned though..........if Mahomes wins a SB this year..........well.......tougher hill to climb for the Bills organization.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2