Are the Bills the Ronald Wayne of the NFL?

Scorp83

This is a great listen, Jeremy this morning pretty much compared the Bills to Ronald Wayne ? ... this is almost indisputable facts. This is my main reason why McBeane makes me nervous! Start at 23:40... give a listen at work, or at the gym... but it's good stuff.

https://app.radio.com/MJ5unHqhtT

It's the 6am hour (HR1 of today's show 1/14/19) fast forward to 23:40 unless u care to hear the rant about Tom Brady

Edited by Scorp83
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can you summarize for those who can’t listen?

Sure.

So Ronald Wayne was the co founder for Apple with Steve Jobs & Wozniak.... he sold his 10% Share (which is worth $100 Billion right now) for $800 ... Jeremy & Howard were comparing it to the Bill's situation.

"We pretty much sold our 10% share of Pat Mahomes for $800 & a good cornerback"

But it's more to it then just that, its mainly how good does Allen has to be for the decision to be justified? 

They're saying "he needs to be in the discussion of top 5...if Allen tops out as a top 12 QB...then the Bills have fallen short" 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Sure.

So Ronald Wayne was the co founder for Apple with Steve Jobs & Wozniak.... he sold his 10% Share (which is worth $100 Billion right now) for $800 ... Jeremy & Howard were comparing it to the Bill's situation.

"We pretty much sold our 10% share of Pat Mahomes for $800 & a good cornerback"

But it's more to it then just that, its mainly how good does Allen has to be for the decision to be justified? 

They're saying "he needs to be in the discussion of top 5...if Allen tops out as a top 12 QB...then the Bills have fallen short" 

That's a terrible analogy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Okay, but what if Ronald Wayne had taken that $800 and invested it in Amazon or something else. I'm not saying that Josh Allen is necessarily the Amazon to Mahomes Apple. But it's too early to tell. Mahomes isn't a rookie, he's in his second year, which is what Allen will be in next year before we can really compare. Mahomes also has a better supporting cast around him than Allen did in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What does that say about the other 9 teams that drafted before the BILLS, I'm sure if every team knew what Mahomes would have become he would have been the first off the during the 2017 draft, and I think the (Cleveland, Chicago,San Fran) would have been happy.

• Like (+1) 2

No more or less than any other team in the NFL.  There were nine teams ahead of the Bills pick that round that could have taken him, and any other team in the league could have moved up if they thought Mahomes was all that.  This kind of hindsight crap is just that - crap.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No more or less than any other team in the NFL.  There were nine teams ahead of the Bills pick that round that could have taken him, and any other team in the league could have moved up if they thought Mahomes was all that.  This kind of hindsight crap is just that - crap.

Careful- the last time I pointed this out I was abused by other posters for “deflecting” and “who cares what other teams do? - this is a Bills message board!”

I think I asked a question of whether the Bengals message board started a new Mahomes thread every day for picking John Ross the pick before Mahomes.,

50 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

This is a great listen, Jeremy this morning pretty much compared the Bills to Ronald Wayne ? ... this is almost indisputable facts. This is my main reason why McBeane makes me nervous! Start at 23:40... give a listen at work, or at the gym... but it's good stuff.

https://app.radio.com/MJ5unHqhtT

It's the 6am hour (HR1 of today's show 1/14/19) fast forward to 23:40 unless u care to hear the rant about Tom Brady

Nice... good listen. My only thing is & they touched on it during the show, McDermott didn't know if Mahomes would have been good or not...let alone a Superstar QB. I understand the point that was made too... Allen will have to be really good, cause from my understanding there wasn't much difference in the scouting reports for Mahomes & Allen. Both had a big arm, both were viewed as athletic, ect. 

I think this will continue to be a debate until Allen becomes really good. Because they didn't take him & sold they're stock... it forced us to voluntarily get into cap issues. 

• Thank you (+1) 1