Are the Bills the Ronald Wayne of the NFL?

Scorp83

6 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

depending on how good Mahomes turns out to be....had a tremendous year but it might wind up with falling short of super bowl again for chiefs.

he's now on tape we'll see what happens

He looked good this pass weekend. Now gets a 2nd stint with the Pats

9 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

This is a great listen, Jeremy this morning pretty much compared the Bills to Ronald Wayne ? ... this is almost indisputable facts. This is my main reason why McBeane makes me nervous! Start at 23:40... give a listen at work, or at the gym... but it's good stuff.

https://app.radio.com/MJ5unHqhtT

It's the 6am hour (HR1 of today's show 1/14/19) fast forward to 23:40 unless u care to hear the rant about Tom Brady

For those who aren't into listening, can you give a bit of a summary?

I had to look up who Ronald Wayne is (Nextman up describes accurately)

6 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

depending on how good Mahomes turns out to be....had a tremendous year but it might wind up with falling short of super bowl again for chiefs.

he's now on tape we'll see what happens

There's no tape in the world that's gonna teach someone how to defend a quarterback who's able to change the trajectory of his throws like a Cy Young pitcher.

Mahomes is great. It's best to just call a spade a spade. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

He looked good this pass weekend. Now gets a 2nd stint with the Pats

I am hoping for the best. 

Belichick*** normally picks his teeth with the bones of confused rookie QBs his D baits into mistake after mistake or renders indecisive.

I don't want to watch another embarrassing destruction like the Chargers game. 

Well, OK, actually I'd be happy to watch another embarrassing destruction like the Chargers game, provided the Pats*** were on the receiving end of the embarrassment

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Belichick*** normally picks his teeth with the bones of confused rookie QBs his D baits into mistake after mistake or renders indecisive.

Well, OK, actually I'd be happy to watch another embarrassing destruction like the Chargers game, provided the Pats*** were on the receiving end of the embarrassment

He looked pretty damn good in Foxborough, the place where young QB's normally go to die.

The Pats were 3-5 on the road. All 5 of their losses were against non playoff teams. The only playoff team they beat on the road was Chicago. Their other two road wins were against the BILLS and the Jets. They are ripe for the picking. I expect the Chiefs to win, but uggh. We shall see.

13 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

“McBeane”  makes you nervous because of that?

I wasn’t aware Beane made that trade to begin with.

Beane makes me nervous that he might go out & spend big money on something other then the offense...then tell us to trust him. We paid $50M for Star to come in & plug the gaps... knowing we needed a WR desperately... & didn't draft one either! When we got a hold on another 1st, I'm thinking Ridley...he took Edmonds...good pick... but man... I think I would have rather had the WR that could grow with my rookie QB

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For those who aren't into listening, can you give a bit of a summary?

I had to look up who Ronald Wayne is (Nextman up describes accurately)

I actually did... a few posts down on page one. Plus, I actually did want people to look him up...? 

Edited by Scorp83

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

There's no tape in the world that's gonna teach someone how to defend a quarterback who's able to change the trajectory of his throws like a Cy Young pitcher.

Mahomes is great. It's best to just call a spade a spade. 

Isn't that just insane!?!?  I remember Charles Davis mentioning how he throws the ball like a pitcher" during the predraft process 

I would love to read the Bill's evaluation on him... I think I'll pay for it

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly! If the Chiefs look like they're losing the battle to the Sith lords, then I'll go food shopping or play Uncharted 4 online ?

• Like (+1) 1

Given all the revisionist history, I went back and looked at a couple of 2017 mock drafts.  Two had the Bills picking Lattimore and one had them picking Watson.  Mahones was #13 in two and #15 in one.  If the Bills had stayed put and drafted Lattimore and Mahones had been picked #11 or #12, would this board feel better or worse?  Instead of Lattimore, we ended up with a player at the same position with basically same upside plus a first round pick.  Pretty good right?  I think what this shows is how perfectly KC played this.  They spotted a QB they really liked, knew where he would likely go in the draft, made a move up 17(!) spots to get him and only gave up a future first, had the luxury of letting him sit a year and surrounded him with offensive talent.  Hope somebody can say the same about Allen in a year or two.

Mahomes has a great year. 

He fits Andy Reid’s new system perfectly. They have really good players on offense who run that system perfectly.

Mahomes wouldn’t be the same QB here.

Before people anoint him the next coming of Christ, like everyone did with Watson last year, let’s wait to

see if he can sustain it next season.

Odds are he will not and defenses will figure the scheme out to some degree.

49 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't care how good Mahomes is, if he can't beat the Patriots he would be no good to us anyways. We are light years away from the offensive talent that  KC has, if he cant beat the Pats on KC he would do nothing for the Bills.

You should have stopped right there, the rest is just nonsense.

22 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Sure.

So Ronald Wayne was the co founder for Apple with Steve Jobs & Wozniak.... he sold his 10% Share (which is worth $100 Billion right now) for $800 ... Jeremy & Howard were comparing it to the Bill's situation.

"We pretty much sold our 10% share of Pat Mahomes for $800 & a good cornerback"

But it's more to it then just that, its mainly how good does Allen has to be for the decision to be justified? 

They're saying "he needs to be in the discussion of top 5...if Allen tops out as a top 12 QB...then the Bills have fallen short" 

Ugh - so this is another disguised thread dedicated to Ma-homees that cannot go a day without pining for the guy?

The Bills and 30 other teams missed taking him... time to move on folks, you are drifting into the stalker zone.

Edited by WideNine

22 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Sure.

So Ronald Wayne was the co founder for Apple with Steve Jobs & Wozniak.... he sold his 10% Share (which is worth $100 Billion right now) for $800 ... Jeremy & Howard were comparing it to the Bill's situation.

"We pretty much sold our 10% share of Pat Mahomes for $800 & a good cornerback"

But it's more to it then just that, its mainly how good does Allen has to be for the decision to be justified? 

They're saying "he needs to be in the discussion of top 5...if Allen tops out as a top 12 QB...then the Bills have fallen short

So this last I think is total BS.

It's inarguable that a team needs a good NFL QB to compete at the Championship level.  But it's also inarguable that it's a team game, and how that QB fares in the NFL will depend upon what kind of talent and coaching the team puts around him. 

@BadOlBills had a good analogy between Kelly and Marino.  It can be argued that Marino was a more talented QB than Kelly, especially seen as a passer.  He was just a pretty passer, lightening quick release, beautiful footwork.  The Bills and Kelly just DOMINATED the Dolphins during the time both were active from '87 to '95.  16-4.

If Allen plays well enough and the Bills put enough pieces around him to win consistently, no one is going to GAD if he's a "top 12" or a "top 5" or a "top 15" QB - whatever "top # QB" means anyway.

22 hours ago, BBills88 said:

What does that say about the other 9 teams that drafted before the BILLS, I'm sure if every team knew what Mahomes would have become he would have been the first off the during the 2017 draft, and I think the (Cleveland, Chicago,San Fran) would have been happy.

Not only that. The Chiefs traded up from the 20s to get him. I am sure that the Bills would have traded with any other team before the Chiefs, so basically 20+ teams passed on Mahomes.

And let's see if he can keep it up. We've seen a few QB's with great debut seasons regress, like Dak Presscott, RGIII, etc. Consistency is the key at QB. Mahomes had a tremendous season. The target is now on his back from defensive coordinators.

20 hours ago, WideNine said:

Ugh - so this is another disguised thread dedicated to Ma-homees that cannot go a day without pining for the guy?

The Bills and 30 other teams missed taking him... time to move on folks, you are drifting into the stalker zone.

Dude ... that's what this discussion is about. If you've read some of the posts, it's more so...how good does Allen has to be to quiet the Mahomes talk? If you even listen to the link to WGR, you would have heard them discussing it too.

They even talked about the fans that DON'T want to hear this. ?

How you almost can't be naive to think the Bills are not linked to Mahomes...it was OUR pick that gave him to the Chiefs! Not the Jets or anyone else that had a chance to pick him... US! I wish the Chiefs did call a team before our pick, cause it would have washed our hands with this whole thing. 

I get it, you might not like getting smacked in the face with reality...but buddy that's what it is. Whether I start a post or someone else... until Allen is good... I mean really freaking good... then the idea that we gave up that picked will ALWAYS be questioned. 

"We are the Ronald Wayne of the NFL, we sold our Apple share for $800 & a good CB" - Jeremy White from WGR

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

18 hours ago, MJS said:

Not only that. The Chiefs traded up from the 20s to get him. I am sure that the Bills would have traded with any other team before the Chiefs, so basically 20+ teams passed on Mahomes.

And let's see if he can keep it up. We've seen a few QB's with great debut seasons regress, like Dak Presscott, RGIII, etc. Consistency is the key at QB. Mahomes had a tremendous season. The target is now on his back from defensive coordinators.

True, the Bill's would have traded with anyone... but that's not the case right now... cause they traded with the Chiefs.  I mean, really how would they had known they were giving up Apple Stock??? 

But, what bothers me is, their evaluation on Mahomes.... had to be similar to their evaluation on Allen right? I mean, really when you read both prospects reports, their sort of similar.  So why not take your QB needed that year?  You've already know TT wasn't your QB at the time....right?

It would have saved us alot of dead cap that Beane is claiming that was here before he got here... smh... that's bull. 

You would of still had Dareus, Darby, Watkins, & Glenn... no cap in the books & Mahomes or Watson, adding tremaine Edmonds or another CB in 2018 draft. 

#ImJusSayin