Are the Bills the Ronald Wayne of the NFL?

Scorp83

20 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Okay, but what if Ronald Wayne had taken that $800 and invested it in Amazon or something else. I'm not saying that Josh Allen is necessarily the Amazon to Mahomes Apple. But it's too early to tell. Mahomes isn't a rookie, he's in his second year, which is what Allen will be in next year before we can really compare. Mahomes also has a better supporting cast around him than Allen did in 2018. 

True... but that's the point... there's many ways the Bills could have went & still can go. It's just you had something there, of need, & you chose to get out of it, cause you felt it wasn't a good deal. 

Like Jeremy said "it could work out for the Bills but our lives could have been completely different"

9 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Careful- the last time I pointed this out I was abused by other posters for “deflecting” and “who cares what other teams do? - this is a Bills message board!”

I think I asked a question of whether the Bengals message board started a new Mahomes thread every day for picking John Ross the pick before Mahomes.,

I hear you, but in think our situation is different from the other 9 teams... we actually had the pick... we weren't part of the 9 teams, we were the main team. We gave up the pick. 

Yes, the Chiefs could have traded to 6, 7, 8 or 9... but they chose to wait...because the price was cheaper getting him at 10, then say the top 6. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Here's the direct link to WGR-550's website for the show and hour 1 from 1-14-19.

Starts at 33'58" or so. 

Ronald Wayne is the 3rd original Apple co-founder no one knows b/c he got out of the business early, before he would have turned into a mega billionaire. 

Sold his stake in Apple for $800; would have blossomed into $30+ billion.  

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/01-14-hr-1-howard-and-jeremy-show

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Christ, I really, really, really hope Allen ends up being great. Not just for the obvious reasons but also so we don't get another ten years of this Mahomes crap

Hey, I'm with you, I for one Hope's Allen is a top 5 QB, then everyone will be happy. But, our HC made that decision & has to live with it until that happens. Every game, every year, every wow moment we watch of Pat Mahomes... someone will post how much it stings. 

I just heard a good listen & wanted to share it. We can't ignore it... cause if Allen isn't good... passing on Mahomes will become heighten in the next 2 years

21 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Oh, and one other thing, if Mahomes ends up having a terrible game next week, I guarantee there will be people who fall off the bandwagon and go completely OTT the other way, exactly the same as they did when Luck suddenly became overrated at the weekend

It still doesn't erase 50 TD's & over 5,000 passing yards. 

??

Edited by Scorp83
Typo
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WPBillsFan said:

I hear you, but in think our situation is different from the other 9 teams... we actually had the pick... we weren't part of the 9 teams, we were the main team. We gave up the pick. 

Yes, the Chiefs could have traded to 6, 7, 8 or 9... but they chose to wait...because the price was cheaper getting him at 10, then say the top 6. 

The Bears gave up two thirds and a fourth to go from 3 to 2 to pick Mitch Trubinsky...

How stupid were they when they could have stayed at 3 or even traded down and still  picked up Mahomes...

Hindsight hey? Everything looks so clear.

6 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Hey, I'm with you, I for one Hope's Allen is a top 5 QB, then everyone will be happy. But, our HC made that decision & has to love with it until that happens. Every game, every year, every wow moment we watch of Pat Mahomes... someone will post how much it stings. 

I just heard a good listen & wanted to share it. We can't ignore it... cause if Allen isn't good... passing on Mahomes will become heighten in the next 2 years

??

Or bear with me... we could not.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Hey, I'm with you, I for one Hope's Allen is a top 5 QB, then everyone will be happy. But, our HC made that decision & has to love with it until that happens. Every game, every year, every wow moment we watch of Pat Mahomes... someone will post how much it stings. 

??

No it won't, he's had an amazing year, but there will be people who will call him a choker or something. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

The Bears gave up two thirds and a fourth to go from 3 to 2 to pick Mitch Trubinsky...

How stupid were they when they could have stayed at 3 or even traded down and still  picked up Mahomes...

How about the Browns they were picking 1st again and could of taken him the Jets were ahead of the Bills that draft as well and Jacksonville and the 49ers.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not really,  the Bears really wanted Trubisky...everyone knew that. That's not the same of having a huge need at the position, sitting at 10... & literally gave it up for a team to come & take him...with our pick. 

Just now, WPBillsFan said:

Not really,  the Bears really wanted Trubisky...everyone knew that. That's not the same of having a huge need at the position, sitting at 10... & literally gave it up for a team to come & take him...with our pick. 

Well the Bears were wrong as Mahomes is the better player by far yet they traded up to acquire a lesser player...

1 hour ago, BBills88 said:

What does that say about the other 9 teams that drafted before the BILLS, I'm sure if every team knew what Mahomes would have become he would have been the first off the during the 2017 draft, and I think the (Cleveland, Chicago,San Fran) would have been happy.

The other teams must be the Winklevoss twins.

?