Buffalo area Collision/Body Shop

707BillsFan

Not sure this is appropriate to seek out businesses for service, but I'll give it a shot. My daughter was involved in an accident this morning on 90.. A big rigs breaks gave out and slammed into her Subaru. Seeing photos of the accident, the Subi stood up very well. I know the insurance company will give her some recommendations, but since I live 2700 miles away, I'm always leery of using places I don't know or haven't checked out (even here at home). I've Yelped body shops in the area, but not many had more then a couple reviews. So if you have any experience w/ any collision shops in the area, I'd be appreciative. She currently lives in Cheektowaga, works in Williamsville....so I'm guessing something in those areas / corridor (but not necessary). Thanks ! 

Elmwood Collision in Kenmore is my spot.  3 man shop where 2 are the owners.  Good guys.  Little out of the way, but I'd take that over 10+ location Corruba Collision where you get some low wage mechanic doing the work any day of the week.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Elmwood Collision in Kenmore is my spot.  3 man shop where 2 are the owners.  Good guys.  Little out of the way, but I'd take that over 10+ location Corruba Collision where you get some low wage mechanic doing the work any day of the week.

That's my opinion w/ chain shops. I tend to stay away from them when needed body work done, but that's based on one particular shop in our area. Thanks! 

• Like (+1) 1

Carubba is one of the best. I dealt with them all the time in my old line of work.  They are one of maybe 2 shops i would ever use. 

Is the car owned or leased?  That should play into the decision on where to go.  If leased, take it to the dealer and let them do the work so there's no issues at turn in time.

Hope your daughter was ok.

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:06 AM, loyal2dagame said:

Carubba is one of the best. I dealt with them all the time in my old line of work.  They are one of maybe 2 shops i would ever use. 

Is the car owned or leased?  That should play into the decision on where to go.  If leased, take it to the dealer and let them do the work so there's no issues at turn in time.

Hope your daughter was ok.

Which shops? It's owned

Let me start by saying we a had a terrible experience with Gabe's on Genesee. Multiple reasons.

Daughter just got in another accident and on a recommendation we took it to  B.N.R. Collision. on Military Rd. Sounds like it may be out of the way for you, but I thought they were outstanding.

4 hours ago, dhg said:

Let me start by saying we a had a terrible experience with Gabe's on Genesee. Multiple reasons.

Daughter just got in another accident and on a recommendation we took it to  B.N.R. Collision. on Military Rd. Sounds like it may be out of the way for you, but I thought they were outstanding.

I think this is where she might be going (Gabe's). What happened? She's actually moving over to Elmwood Village in a couple weeks, so if she procrastinates long enough it won't be too far (BNR). 

Edited by 707BillsFan

13 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

I think this is where she might be going (Gabe's). What happened? She's actually moving over to Elmwood Village in a couple weeks, so if she procrastinates long enough it won't be too far (BNR). 

Won't go into much detail, but their customer service skills are severely lacking/unprofessional.