Pickup Truck nerds needed

Teddy KGB

On 1/22/2019 at 9:28 PM, Teddy KGB said:

I’m getting the 19 Ram and hoping I can squeeze 250,000 miles out of it. 

Ford’s are dead to me after being 17k upside down on my 2016 F150.   Not gonna do that again 

I’ll look for your post in 14 months that says “What the $!&#%! was I thinking?”

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, teef said:

i had a friend that when the kids graduated from high school, his parents bought the kids a car.  anything they want within a price range.  the splash is what he chose. we still to this day don't let him live that down.  on top of that, he put a disgusting amount of money into it so he could, "race it".  tens of thousands of dollars completely flushed down the toilet.  

When my wife was getting out of HS, her father said he’d get her a car. She went looking, and he said “look, if you can wait 30-60 days I can get you a MUCH nicer car.”  She was eager to have wheels, so she needed it now. When I first met her, living in the Deep South, many, many years later, she was still driving that powder blue Ford Pinto with a sunroof but no AC. That rolling bomb never went off on us, but you never needed a trip to the sauna. 

As awful as it was, we were so happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

How current was the Ram you heard this on ? I have a few friends that have 14-16ish ones and say it’s been all good 

It was around that time frame that a mechanic told me to think twice.

It's tough though because I have heard and seen both sides for all vehicles. Some people tell you how a certain vehicle is great and they have never had issues while others tell you the ones they had were nightmares.

I bought a late 80s Toyota pickup off a friend years years ago. He would go on about how they are built proof and amazing how reliable they are. Top Gear agreed with this.......

Fixed it up and went to drive it in to a mechanic to get a safety inspection done on it so I could get my plates for it, while driving I spun some bearings and blew the motor.