O Line and Special Teams Coaches Hiring Wait

BubbaT

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Im thinking they are still in the playoffs.  But I wasnt a fan of the Oline coach or ST coordinator but what did they really have to work with.  Robiskie should not have been fired.

Is Scarneccia available ? Is his contract up because i would pay him a $1 less the Mcd to come here. This guy works wonders with underwhelming prospects and they never get called for holding is it him or is it the Refs favoring the Pats?

37 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Is Scarneccia available ? Is his contract up because i would pay him a $1 less the Mcd to come here. This guy works wonders with underwhelming prospects and they never get called for holding is it him or is it the Refs favoring the Pats?

The guy is a magician and Kraft never misses a payment.

Not suggesting that these departures were not warranted, but probably not a good look that McDermott has been hiring and firing assistant coaches and coordinators on a consistent basis in his first two years.  Sprinkle in our history of firing head coaches after three years and assistant coaches/coordinators may also have concerns about their longevity with the Bills.

Edited by jahnyc

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

O line coaches hired this offseason already:

Munchak

Kugler

Campen

Warhop

Top tier looks gone.

And Rizzi looks like he'll end up with Green Bay.

I'm wondering whether McBeane is seen as being on thin ice heading into 2019 - win or else.  Would make it harder to attract coaches.

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

What possible OL candidates are still available and considered decent?

At this point Juan Castillo would be the best option out there.

Some other names that have been thrown around by others that would be considered on par/worse than Castillo:

Ray Brown

Corey Matthaei (One year assisting O line as a coach).

Joe Philbin

Bob Wylie

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

What possible OL candidates are still available and considered decent?

So there is Pat Flaherty who has been around forever. He's 62 and coached those Giants Super Bowl teams. It's hard to judge his work in Jacksonville becuase you know Marrone is controlling things. Now I've sat in clinics with him and he knows what he's doing, but not sure he's the best fit. I asked him some questions about technique and things that he really wasn't able to answer. He gave me wordy walk around answers. I'm not sure he is the best teacher. He's better with veteran players imo. So if we get some in free agency, all good. 

I would think that Ray Brown would be he guy with all of his playing knowledge and such. He turned Andrew Norwell and Daryl Williams into all pro players. He has a working relationship with our braintrust and is well respected by players becuase he's done it at a pretty high level. 

Somebody on here suggested Corey Matthaei, who is the assistant o line coach in KC and I think it's an interesting idea. Hopefully he could bring Mitch Morse with him. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

They surely have a plan.
perhaps its a College guy. no way they are going to risk f'ng this up

It could just be a guy who is still in the playoffs. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2