O Line and Special Teams Coaches Hiring Wait

BubbaT

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

I'm assuming all 3 opening we have are gonna be announced at the same time.

Knowing the Bills, they will probably try to fill all three of their openings at the same time with coaches nobody has heard of or wants.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Still a Bills fan trapped in Atlanta, technically. 

^^^^^This. Post of the day @Augie ?

3 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Is anybody else surprised that it is taking this long to hire these 2 positions? With all the staffs being put together I would have thought the Bills would be diving in to obtain coaches before many were scooped up. I wonder 1) If the Bills jobs are not viewed as attractive at all or 2) if they are waiting for people still in the playoffs

Definitely I am more intrigued by our hiring prospects of those coaches still in the playoffs versus the also-ran squads, so I’m good still with the timing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

It's concerning that all you hear about is interest from the Bills after the guy was hired. Doesn't even sound like we are getting interviews since those seem to be widely publiced now. 

No they aren't. When we signed Daboll as OC he was barely on the media radar, never mind announcing an interview. Same with Robiskie last year.

7 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

No they aren't. When we signed Daboll as OC he was barely on the media radar, never mind announcing an interview. Same with Robiskie last year.

There were rumors and chatter before the Bills announced him as OC.  I remember tweets from LaCanfora, maybe even an article.

13 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Is anybody else surprised that it is taking this long to hire these 2 positions? With all the staffs being put together I would have thought the Bills would be diving in to obtain coaches before many were scooped up. I wonder 1) If the Bills jobs are not viewed as attractive at all or 2) if they are waiting for people still in the playoffs

Im thinking they are still in the playoffs.  But I wasnt a fan of the Oline coach or ST coordinator but what did they really have to work with.  Robiskie should not have been fired.

Lots of hiring and interviews happen at the senior bowl in a few weeks. If they dont have a ST coach in March. Id be concerned, but not now. 

2019 season is falling apart as we know it!

Playoffs are still going on. I'm not up to date on all new coaches, spots being filled, but I'm sure most new head coaches have pretty much filled their staff. Whoever is left, the Bills pretty much have their choice. I've heard a number of names being tossed about (coaches still out there w/o a job). We may be one of the last to fill their openings, but I don't think that's bad. We always rush to judge, have a certain guy we all want or think that'd be perfect for the Bills. We'll be fine ?