True Detective Season III

RaoulDuke79

Am I the only one who liked Season 2? It was obviously not as good as Season 1, but still more entertaining than a lot of TV out there. I give Season 2 a B- and Season 1 an A (an average show gets a C from me...I'm a tough grader). So far with Season 3, they're making it very stylistically like the first one. It's definitely worth watching.

6 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Am I the only one who liked Season 2? It was obviously not as good as Season 1, but still more entertaining than a lot of TV out there. I give Season 2 a B- and Season 1 an A (an average show gets a C from me...I'm a tough grader). So far with Season 3, they're making it very stylistically like the first one. It's definitely worth watching.

I agree with everything here.  Season 2 wasn’t bad, IMO.  It was just different, and not as good as season 1.  Season 1 was a tough act to follow.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, Jauronimo said:

I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night.  I think its excellent so far.  I am hooked.

People forget that Season 1 had some SLOW parts.  The overall atmosphere and mystery kept you engaged but there were some early episodes that I struggled through.

Didn't really entirely grasp my interest until that epic scene at the end of episode 4 where the white supremicists try to jack the drug dealer and it goes bad and the action moves from house to house ,all in one shot, as they try to escape.

That's the most impressive bit of television I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Season 2 may have been a 5.5 if it didn't follow season 1. I really like where season 3 is going. How about Steven Dorf making a comeback. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree with everything here.  Season 2 wasn’t bad, IMO.  It was just different, and not as good as season 1.  Season 1 was a tough act to follow.

Alright, alright, alright.  I am not a big Matthew McConaughey fan.
Season 1 was by far the best acting performance he has ever done, IMHO.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, MichaelAbdallah said:

I literally laughed when Vince Vaughn and the big Mexican guy decide to settle an argument with a basement fist fight. It was precipitated by such dialogue as 'You ain't that thing no more that you used to was' and 'yeah you tall, but you really little. And you're old'. Ridiculous.

Then I watched in sheer amazement as he proceeded to rip out the guy's gold tooth with a pliers and his buddies just stood by and watched. I thought to myself, 'Well, this can't possibly get any worse.'

But then...while removing the offending incisor, some writer thought the line Vaughn absolutely needed to utter in that moment was, and I quote: 'What kind of way is that to greet the world?'...I just shook my head in disbelief, turned off the tv and didn't watch a single minute of season2 thereafter. It was an absolute mess.