True Detective Season III

RaoulDuke79

Who's watching tonight? Season 1 awesome. Season 2 not so much. This season got pretty good reviews. It's been a long day between shoveling snow and two football games,  so I'll probably check it out tomorrow or Tuesday,  but I'm looking forward to some good TV.

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Let us know how it is. 

Mahershala Ali was the bomb in the Green Book.   

Great in House of Cards too. My only thing w True Detective was that they should have ended it after first season. For me it was the single best piece of television I’ve ever seen...and the second season almost ruined it. It was that poorly executed.

If this one isn’t any good, Pizzolato should rethink his approach. They dumped season 2 way too to fast due to demand and the product suffered...writing a mess, storyline awful, as boring as the first season was compelling. Now trying to wrangle a successful third w/out Fukunaga who was instrumental in the success of season 1...I don’t have high hopes. Would love to be wrong.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Great in House of Cards too. My only thing w True Detective was that they should have ended it after first season. For me it was the single best piece of television I’ve ever seen...and the second season almost ruined it. It was that poorly executed.

If this one isn’t any good, Pizzolato should rethink his approach. They dumped season 2 way too to fast due to demand and the product suffered...writing a mess, storyline awful, as boring as the first season was compelling. Now trying to wrangle a successful third w/out Fukunaga who was instrumental in the success of season 1...I don’t have high hopes. Would love to be wrong.

From the reviews I've read, season 3 is pretty similar to season 1. They said it lacked originality,  but the story keeps you interested. I'll take a slightly different season 1 over the season 2 mess.

I'm out.  So much TV to watch gotta have someone narrow down the field for you. I will tank Hank. I hated the end of Season 1, and all of the 3  episodes I watched on Season 2..this show is like Vikings to me.really good the first season..and that about it.Gutta know when to cut bait

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/why-does-hbo-still-believe-in-the-potential-of-true-detective-search-me/2019/01/09/607e5594-12ad-11e9-803c-4ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.ab400422ab4f

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I'm out.  So much TV to watch gotta have someone narrow down the field for you. I will tank Hank. I hated the end of Season 1, and all of the 3  episodes I watched on Season 2..this show is like Vikings to me.really good the first season..and that about it.Gutta know when to cut bait

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/why-does-hbo-still-believe-in-the-potential-of-true-detective-search-me/2019/01/09/607e5594-12ad-11e9-803c-4ef28312c8b9_story.html?utm_term=.ab400422ab4f

Though I watched the season premiere last night, and thought it was pretty good, like you, I hated season 2.  Season 1 was, in my opinion, brilliant, right up until the time in the second to last episode (I think) where McConoughey and Harrelson's characters met up in current time...then it kind of unraveled with an almost Scooby-Doo kind of ending...  

Season 3, first two episodes, were pretty similar in tone to Season 1.... don't want to give anything away, but it might not hurt to re-watch season 1 before season 3.

• Like (+1) 1

If season 2 was its own show with its own name then people would have liked it just fine.  It's seen in a negative light only because of the unrealistic expectations people had after season 1.  It really wasn't bad at all in retrospect.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

If season 2 was its own show with its own name then people would have liked it just fine.  It's seen in a negative light only because of the unrealistic expectations people had after season 1.  It really wasn't bad at all in retrospect.

I don’t agree.    I tried my best but it was crap.  

24 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

No, it really was terrible.

It would fit nicely as a cop show on CBS.

First two episodes of season 3 are great.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

actually, the only reason i continued to watch season 2 was because of how great season 1 was.  i just kept hoping that it would get better. it didn't.  it was terrible.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night.  I think its excellent so far.  I am hooked.

People forget that Season 1 had some SLOW parts.  The overall atmosphere and mystery kept you engaged but there were some early episodes that I struggled through.

Season 1 had a couple of added "attractions" that kept me interested.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, teef said:

actually, the only reason i continued to watch season 2 was because of how great season 1 was.  i just kept hoping that it would get better. it didn't.  it was terrible.

It tried way too hard...it was murky, just for the sake of murky.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, eball said:

Season 1 had a couple of added "attractions" that kept me interested.

Oh you must mean Alexandra Daddario showing off her spectacular breasts.

Yeah. Season two was ballz.

Season 3 so far is already better than season 2.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, Jauronimo said:

I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night.  I think its excellent so far.  I am hooked.

People forget that Season 1 had some SLOW parts.  The overall atmosphere and mystery kept you engaged but there were some early episodes that I struggled through.

I enjoyed episodes 1 & 2 immensely.  For those not watching because of season 2...give this a chance.