Bills national scout Marvin Allen leaving for Miami Asst. GM role

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Beane definitely knows how to pick front office personnel.  Beane also has no ego, so top guys want to work for Beane Bills because they know they can further their careers without Beane preventing them.  Beane is genuinely happy for these guys.  I'm surprised that this isn't talked about more on ESPN or NFL Network.

What?

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am sure he made copies of all notes using Bills resources before accepting job.

Perhaps Shady can get someone to break in and steal them.....hey!!!! Possibly that is the 2019 plans we had for him.

2 minutes ago, Swill Merchant said:

You mean like, with a cloth?

Electric shock therapy.

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Beane definitely knows how to pick front office personnel.  Beane also has no ego, so top guys want to work for Beane Bills because they know they can further their careers without Beane preventing them.  Beane is genuinely happy for these guys.  I'm surprised that this isn't talked about more on ESPN or NFL Network.

Can you provide a list of examples of people who passed on other opportunities to take a parallel opportunity with Beane's Bills. Or is this just something you imagine to be true. 

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Can you provide a list of examples of people who passed on other opportunities to take a parallel opportunity with Beane's Bills. Or is this just something you imagine to be true. 

Brian Gaine.

Marvin Allen.

Lake Dawson interviewed recently for a promotion.

Joe Schoen will be the next one.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion?  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PIZ said:

Brian Gaine.

Marvin Allen.

Lake Dawson interviewed recently for a promotion.

Joe Schoen will be the next one.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion?  

What roles with other teams did Mr. Gaine and Mr. Allen pass on to join the Bills? You presented your other post as a fact, not an opinion.  My question was whether or not it was demonstrably true, or just an opinion. You have clarifed that it is just an opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Seems like a big jump but good for him. Feel like he skipped the director level. 

He was Director of College Recruiting for 4 years with the Chiefs before coming to the Bills... took a demotion here 

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

What roles with other teams did Mr. Gaine and Mr. Allen pass on to join the Bills? You presented your other post as a fact, not an opinion.  My question was whether or not it was demonstrably true, or just an opinion. You have clarifed that it is just an opinion. 

Yes, to clarify, it was my opinion.  If I presented it as fact, I would have backed it up with a link.  I did read (can't find a link) that Brian Gaine joined the Bills because he wanted to take on the challenge of a rebuild so he would have that on his resume for future GM openings.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was Director of College Recruiting for 4 years with the Chiefs before coming to the Bills... took a demotion here 

Thought I read something on this thread that all his jumps were for promotions.  That makes more sense though if he was the director at one point. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we all said when Beane first put this front office together that it was an impressive group of guys. This is the second one to get promoted out already after Brian Gaine. 

It's really impressive that the Pats have lost so many front office staffers and scouts and they continue to grind on. They bring in young scouts who  work themselves up the ladder and become appealing targets for other franchises. 

The departures of Allen to Miami and Gaines to Houston is a good sign that our front office is bringing in talented young staffers who have distinguished themselves. That's more of a good than a bad sign.  

• Like (+1) 4