What Magic Doth Nick Foles Possess?

I don't know what y'all want out of Nick Foles. He's already been a superb NFL story at worst going down with the likes of Doug Williams and Hostetler. He's Frank Reich with more success, Bizarre Fitzpatrick (clutch) on better teams. He'll go somewhere and be a middling starter or be the league's most coveted backup.

He's always been inconsistent but seems to come up large when he's in a knockout game more often than not. Pretty cool story. Pretty good QB if his career were to end now. 

And he's got magic baby! Big **** Nick. That's where the magic lies.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Dude has 27-2 TD-INT ratio season, and a super bowl winning playoff run on his resume. I think he is just a good QB. 

What are his stats over his career ?  Mostly average except for the one season with Andy Reid ?

Some foolish team will probably look at the same cherry picked stars and sign him for big bucks and be disappointed.

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

In the two seasons that followed that 27-2 TD to INT season, he had a 20-20 TD to INT ratio.  Which is he, or is he somewhere in between?

Over the last 2 seasons Foles has a 130.7 rating on 3rd/4th down.  Somehow I don't see too many qbs doing that.

44 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What are his stats over his career ?  Mostly average except for the one season with Andy Reid ?

Some foolish team will probably look at the same cherry picked stars and sign him for big bucks and be disappointed.

1 playoff and super bowl run. his best stat year was with Chip Kelly. 

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think the Eagles would prbably have won that game if Jeffrey hadn’t blown it. They had the look of a team that was going to score on that drive.

I agree, and I had to wonder about rushing to get that play off. I figured they had nothing to lose by waiting, as every second preserved would be handed to Drew Brees when they scored. From that spot on the field they’d run out of downs before they ran out of time. Could have happened after the 2 minute warning Insuppose, but it just seemed hurried and the play wouldn’t have gained a first down much less produced a score. Very odd choice. 

• Like (+1) 2

This will be a huge storyline in the offseason, but really, it’s all a waste.

the way it should have gone, is Foles going on another magic run and winning another Superbowl then retiring to pursue his pastoral dreams. That’s a true Hollywood tale, if ever there were one.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

His game seemed predicated on tossing the ball and having his receivers make great plays.  That didn't work in the 2nd half of the game.

WRs making great plays?  What’s that like? 

Anyway,  they were a scoring threat to take the lead when his WR couldn’t catch a ball when it was in both of his hands

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I agree, and I had to wonder about rushing to get that play off. I figured they had nothing to lose by waiting, as every second preserved would be handed to Drew Brees when they scored. From that spot on the field they’d run out of downs before they ran out of time. Could have happened after the 2 minute warning Insuppose, but it just seemed hurried and the play wouldn’t have gained a first down much less produced a score. Very odd choice. 

I thought the same. Maybe they thought they had a can't miss play given the NO personnel on the field at that moment and that getting it off and implementing it was a sure thing, partly because NO wasn't switching up and expected Philly to take it to the two-minute warning. As it happened, it was an easy throw and catch that should have pucked up 10+ yards.

Edited by dave mcbride

11 hours ago, Doc said:

He played terrible in the 2nd half.  But that game-ending INT wasn't his fault.

Right, Jeffery has to make that  catch.  He had both hand on it, but it went through.  Game over.  Lattimore ends up being a hero, but he just caught the Jeffery muff of the catch.