Divisional round, Eagles at Saints, 4:40 pm on FOX

4 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

So the #1, 2, 3 and 4 offense are in the championship games. The team with the better defense has gone 1-7 in the playoffs thus far. For all the people who STILL think defense wins championships, refer to this. Also, remember how often people brought up the Jags from last year to prove a point? It isn't sustainable.

Anyways, I look forward to drafting a DT in the first next year.  

You know, they just mentioned that this is the first time in the SuperBowl era that the top 4 offenses made it to the Championship round. The rules changers got their wish. Defense has been eradicated from the game. 

6 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

So the #1, 2, 3 and 4 offense are in the championship games. The team with the better defense has gone 1-7 in the playoffs thus far. For all the people who STILL think defense wins championships, refer to this. Also, remember how often people brought up the Jags from last year to prove a point? It isn't sustainable.

Anyways, I look forward to drafting a DT in the first next year.  

Top four offenses by PPG, right?

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can't explain it. The Eagles are my most hated team in the league. I hate them more than the Patriots. I thought I hated Andy Reid and then he went to Kansas City and I realised I don't hate him at all. I hate the Philadelphia Eagles. Everything about them. Players, uniforms, fans, the lot...

NE* aside, I get it.

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You know, they just mentioned that this is the first time in the SuperBowl era that the top 4 offenses made it to the Championship round. The rules changers got their wish. Defense has been eradicated from the game. 

I'll wait until defenses have more than an off-season to adjust. The top 4 offenses this year have been especially great. But I'm sure it will regress to teams that just have a better competitive advantage on either side.. which is always the case in a two sides sport. This year these offenses were better than the best defenses. 

And these 4 complimentary defenses were better relatively than the Ravens or Cowboys offenses.. they were just better teams. Good defenses. Top 4 offenses.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

6 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I'll wait until defenses have more than an off-season to adjust. The top 4 offenses this year have been especially great. But I'm sure it will regress to teams that just have a better competitive advantage on either side.. which is always the case in a two sides sport. This year these offenses were better than the best defenses. 

And these 4 complimentary defenses were better relatively than the Ravens or Cowboys offenses.. they were just better teams. Good defenses. Top 4 offenses.

New Orleans have a good defense. It was 14th in yards and 14th in points and it played better as the year went on. 

New England had their usual bend but don't break D that is just below halfway in yards and (as always) top 10 in points. 

The Rams were just below halfway in both categories but were 4th in takeaways (and all of their 30 takeaways were defense not special teams related). 

The one "bad" defense that is still standing is the Chiefs but they have played noticeably better defensively at home which is why the #1 seed mattered so much for them. It would be a concern in a non partisan Superbowl atmosphere. The only way the Chiefs win the Superbowl if they get there is, in my mind, in a shootout. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

New Orleans have a good defense. It was 14th in yards and 14th in points and it played better as the year went on. 

New England had their usual bend but don't break D that is just below halfway in yards and (as always) top 10 in points. 

The Rams were just below halfway in both categories but were 4th in takeaways (and all of their 30 takeaways were defense not special teams related). 

The one "bad" defense that is still standing is the Chiefs but they have played noticeably better defensively at home which is why the #1 seed mattered so much for them. It would be a concern in a non partisan Superbowl atmosphere. The only way the Chiefs win the Superbowl if they get there is, in my mind, in a shootout. 

And as bad as KC's defense was, they still had 27 takeaways. Only 7 teams had more. Defense is all about playmakers now. A near elite corner in White helps, but the only young guy in our front 7 who makes big plays is Milano. I expect Edmunds to improve in that category, but we need to add one more.

Our safeties are reliable as well as occasional ballhawks. What's missing is a young pass rushing force with Jerry and Lorax getting up there in age.

Edited by LSHMEAB

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yeah not to mention the Cheifs defense played out of their minds v the colts. Their great OL got shredded, Andrew Luck shut down. Chiefs defense really turned on the jets in their on playoff game so far.

Also statwise. I'd hazard an offense that good led to meaningless garbagetime points given up, and the sorta extended drives they allow another team to waste time as they're down by 14+ points all game.

• SDS unpinned this topic
26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Playing in KC they have a shot. In Foxboro fuggedaboudit.

Pretty sure I just calculated they are 3-4 on the road in the playoffs (something like 15-2 at home).  Amazing how many games they've played in Foxboro.