Divisional round, Eagles at Saints, 4:40 pm on FOX

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah but rushing the play, so to speak, had nothing to do with the turnover.

Could have gone straight through a receiver's hands anyway on the next throw after the 2 min. warning with plenty of time to think about it.

Could have, but I just didn’t like the strategy and thought they were hurrying to squeeze off a relatively inconsequential 5 yard pass. Maybe I could live with it if they threw it to the end zone or even past the sticks. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m not convinced by today’s showing. They were ripe to get beat, I still don’t see the benefit of getting a 5 yard passing play off before the two minute warning there. Never will. Let it tick down and regroup plot your strategy . They were in a great spot, not their own 30 

Im really baffled by that too. Made no sense. Let it hit the 2 min and regroup. They had more than enough time

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am almost ashamed to say but I have wanted the Pats to win both of their Superbowls against the Eagles. I have wanted them to lose to the Rams, Panthers, Giants (x2), Seahawks and Falcons.... but I wanted them to beat the Eagles both times. Last year was like my worst case scenario Superbowl. 

Damn. Yeah I might root for NE to win a game , grudgingly I add, if it meant the Bills get in the playoffs or get home field or something. That’s about it

Just now, WhyteDwarf said:

Damn, Foles magic foiled by a dropped pass. I hate the Saints, wanted to see them lose.

That play was definitely fatal, but he made plenty of mistakes on his own after the first two drives. Missed alot of passes and looked mediocre at best. Still a letdown to see that final drive end like that.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

This as a Superbowl rematch would be a dream come true for the TV network, the fans, and the NFL.

Yeah, although I hated the complete lack of defensive prowess on display in that game. Can’t have everything though, so I’d take it as there is no NE involvement. 

• Like (+1) 2

So the #1, 2, 3 and 4 offense are in the championship games. The team with the better defense has gone 1-7 in the playoffs thus far. For all the people who STILL think defense wins championships, refer to this. Also, remember how often people brought up the Jags from last year to prove a point? It isn't sustainable.

Anyways, I look forward to drafting a DT in the first next year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Too difficult to play perfect defense without getting called for PI and holding. So in that regard it’s not sustainable. However, the Saints game ended on an INT, rather than an Eagles TD, so take it for what it’s worth. Those who felt the Saints were going to pour on a 40 point victory vs Eagles were definitely mistaken. Saints peaked in October. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

So the #1, 2, 3 and 4 offense are in the championship games. The team with the better defense has gone 1-7 in the playoffs thus far. For all the people who STILL think defense wins championships, refer to this. Also, remember how often people brought up the Jags from last year to prove a point? It isn't sustainable.

Anyways, I look forward to drafting a DT in the first next year.  

Meh. I agree in a sense, but all 4 remaining teams have playmakers in the front 7. Winning defense in the playoffs means pressure on elite quarterbacks, TFL's, and turnovers. I wouldn't discount defense entirely. Just have to properly allocate resources.

• Thank you (+1) 2