I’d be OK with relinquishing the Greatest comeback title

16 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

How much is Miami regretting not taking Brees like Sagan wanted. 

To be fair, good ole Carl knew nothing about football and was always yammering about imaginary aliens.  Why would Miami listen?

Edited by 4merper4mer

IMO in addition to all the fun we had going to 4 straight Super Bowls the only cmpensation for not winning at least one has been:

*  Seeing so many of the great Bills players of that era go on to the HOF.

*  Going to FOUR STRIAGHT Super Bowls - a feat that will probably NEVER be equaled or eclipsed.  This is why I always root against the previous years Super Bowl participants.  The fewer teams that can get back even twice in a row the greater the Bills legend grows.

*  Staging the biggest comeback in the history of PRO AND COLLEGE football! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I believe that title has been placed on the Patriots team that came back against the Falcons, no?

That was not the biggest point spread for a comeback.  Also they had the advantage of using 2 point conversions.  Then again, doing that in the SB is different than a wild card game.

21 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I believe that title has been placed on the Patriots team that came back against the Falcons, no?

Many patriot fans do refer to it that way- and when asked they act as if only super bowl comebacks matter. I do not let bother me since 90% of pat fans will not be in 10 years.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO in addition to all the fun we had going to 4 straight Super Bowls the only cmpensation for not winning at least one has been:

*  Seeing so many of the great Bills players of that era go on to the HOF.

*  Going to FOUR STRIAGHT Super Bowls - a feat that will probably NEVER be equaled or eclipsed.  This is why I always root against the previous years Super Bowl participants.  The fewer teams that can get back even twice in a row the greater the Bills legend grows.

*  Staging the biggest comeback in the history of PRO AND COLLEGE football! 

Michigan state sadly took Frank Reich's college record with a 35 point comeback over northwestern in 2006.

I think Reich leading a comeback over a highly ranked miami team after getting shutout in the first half may be more impressive though.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:47 PM, machine gun kelly said:

BB - I hear you, but still am going to root for the Chiefs.  The young exciting kid against the true veteran in Brees.

How much is Miami regretting not taking Brees like Sagan wanted.  That is known as the reason he went to AL.

As far as the college coaches, why would you ever leave for the NFL.  Crazy turnover in the pros and stability if you recruit well in college football.

im pissed we didnt sign Brees back then. But im High on Allen-aid so everything is fine :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Plus if im not mistaken there was no 2pt conversions at the time. 

Pats needed 2 2pt conversions while the Bills didnt have luxury to even attempt one. 2pt conversions started in 1994. This makes a huge difference thats why the Bills comeback is alot more impressive to me. Those extra pts need more time and possessions .