RIP Bob Kuechenberg

Rico

16 hours ago, bbb said:

Hated him after he said the Bills would never beat the Dolphins as long as he's playing...............BTW, we finally won right after he said that. 

And his comment to the press after the Bills won in 1980 was, with a smirk, "Too bad it came too late for Joe DeLammelleure." He had a very high douche level, and was extremely jealous of Joe D.

Kuechenberg, like a lot of other Dolphins players (Manny Fernandez is another), carried a huge chip on their shoulders that they were not the "Team of the '70s," after Steelers stole their thunder by winning 4 SBs, and they also resented deeply all the ink OJ got in 1973 for his 2003 yards on a losing team in the middle of their SB years. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

And his comment to the press after the Bills won in 1980 was, with a smirk, "Too bad it came too late for Joe DeLammelleure." He had a very high douche level, and was extremely jealous of Joe D.

Kuechenberg, like a lot of other Dolphins players (Manny Fernandez is another), carried a huge chip on their shoulders that they were not the "Team of the '70s," after Steelers stole their thunder by winning 4 SBs, and they also resented deeply all the ink OJ got in 1973 for his 2003 yards on a losing team in the middle of their SB years. 

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article150311157.html

“(Fernandez) has had eight surgeries on his back alone” :( 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Wow - I must have forgot that Joe D. swipe.

I read, not too long ago, how the Dolphin players were pissed in a game with OJ - because the Bills were pretty far behind, but kept running with OJ to get his yards instead of throwing to try to catch up............That fits in with what you're saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Wow - I must have forgot that Joe D. swipe.

I read, not too long ago, how the Dolphin players were pissed in a game with OJ - because the Bills were pretty far behind, but kept running with OJ to get his yards instead of throwing to try to catch up............That fits in with what you're saying. 

Yes, that was a game in Buffalo that the Dolphins won 17-0.. Bills went on a long drive in the fourth q mostly on the ground, got OJ up to 120 yards but didn't score and came nowhere near winning the game. The Dolphins (Fernandez especially) were extremely critical.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article150311157.html

“(Fernandez) has had eight surgeries on his back alone” :( 

Yeah, Fernandez was a warrior. I encourage anyone who watches a video on the "Sea of Hands" game to check out how he desperately his Clarence Davis as he is going down with that catch, trying to jar it loose and save the game. You can feel Fernandez's frustration.

• Like (+1) 1