Andre Reed Criticizes Personnel Decisions

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's not Reed's job to manage the team. He's essentially a fan voicing his opinion. Until we see results, it's fair game.

Oh sure. I don’t mind that he said anything. We all have opinions. I was responding to a poster who seemed to be implying that reed knows how to run a team better than this coaching staff. 

Besides, as others have mentioned, I’m sure every fan of every team can watch these playoff games with guys that have moved in from their team. This is nothing new in the nfl. When ex-bills start sounding like whiney board members, I just tend to tune them out. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Woods wouldn't resign here.

There was no substantive attempt to re-sign Woods.  In two off-seasons this team allowed Watkins, Woods, and Hogan to leave via UFA or trade.  And people complain about how the WR group was so poor this year.  Some of this is on the Whaley regime, but a fair amount on the McBeane pairing. 

33 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s obviously right - the Pegulas thought they could stroll into the NFL with no guidance other than the snake oil salesman Brandon.  The fans are still paying for the owners’ decision to learn on the job.  All of the personnel mistakes we’ve seen during their tenure - and there have been many - stem from their lack of experience and false confidence that the business of football would be easy to figure out.

It is dumbfounding how the Pegula's never once hired any type of consultant to do an overview of the organization.  Or, not that I'm aware of.  They blindly retained Whaley, then hired RR when Marrone resigned, hired McCoach, and went along with his recommendation for Beane.  

The NFL is more competitive than it's ever been and mistakes during their tenure are still being made.  CT is correct - NFL football is not something that's easy to figure out.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

He's just saying what many of us are thinking. They made the decision to go full rebuild so we've dealt with many growing pains.

This season is make or break for McBeane IMO. They drafted their QB who will be in his second season in the same system and have 90 mil in cap space. Hope and excuses will run dry if next season is anything like 2018. 

...realistically, this is what, the 38th "three year rebuild"?......and this fan base has inexplicably weathered the previous 37 with undying support.....so why should #38 be met with unwavering support as in "this is THE one"?......haven't they earned apprehension and reticence?....as I said before, 2019 with 10 draft picks and $80+ mil in FA dollars is one of THE most pivotal years in the last decade or even perhaps back to the Polian era....2019 draft & FA changes won't materialize as an overnight success, but you can sure as hell bet on "irrational exuberance" pronto.....5-9 next year at 14 games in will raise some HUGE question marks if not sooner as to direction....understandably, patience is an adversary versus virtue in OBD lore.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

"Doesn’t it seem like a lot of the #Bills released or traded players are in the PLAYOFFS ? ?????

#weneedtotakenotes #BillsMafia 
#nfl #playoffs #rethinkthings"

He said this on Twitter. Kind of surprising, the former Bills have been almost 100% super positive until the news about Reich was made public. 

Personally, we need at least a playoff appearance next year and honestly a win. Then I'll be 100% sold and would be ok with extending McDermott. 

Andre sounds pretty ignorant with these tweets.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What is "turn it around?" You talking playoffs? Hell, even 9-7 and a wild card loss is fine. These are not unrealistic expectations in year 3. I've seen the teardown. I want to see some construction.

I agree, my point is some who post on TBD will not see that as success!

46 minutes ago, teef said:

Even if the bills don’t make the playoffs next season, the staff will likely still retain their jobs. If it’s a total disaster that one thing, but I’d doubt 7/8 wins would get anyone a pink slip. Not that that’s successful, but I don’t think it’s durable to the pegulas. 

I would argue that even if they have a bad year next year -5 or 6 wins - McDermott and Beane come back for a 4th year.  

I can totally see Terry writing a statement like Shad Kahn did in Jacksonville this year, saying he’s disappointed with the season, but wants to see through their long term plan.

Plus McDermott has a ton of power at OBD.  I think he’ll get the entire length of his contract.  

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

All I care about is whether there is an ex-Bill OL playing in the playoffs this year.  Because that's what hurt them the most.

I can't think of one.  Glenn is with the Bungles who aren't in it.  Wood retired and Ritchie went crazy.  What about that guy that played for the Chargers and Falcons? 

Maybe another WR, but Sammy and Goodwin are always injured, Hogan is JAG, and Wood didn't want to stay. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I would argue that even if they have a bad year next year -5 or 6 wins - McDermott and Beane come back for a 4th year.  

I can totally see Terry writing a statement like Shad Kahn did in Jacksonville this year, saying he’s disappointed with the season, but wants to see through their long term plan.

Plus McDermott has a ton of power at OBD.  I think he’ll get the entire length of his contract.  

I agree that is very unlikely to see this staff let go after next year.  Something pretty disastrous would have to go down to let that happen. 

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

"Doesn’t it seem like a lot of the #Bills released or traded players are in the PLAYOFFS ? ?????

#weneedtotakenotes #BillsMafia 
#nfl #playoffs #rethinkthings"

He said this on Twitter. Kind of surprising, the former Bills have been almost 100% super positive until the news about Reich was made public. 

Personally, we need at least a playoff appearance next year and honestly a win. Then I'll be 100% sold and would be ok with extending McDermott. 

What news?

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...realistically, this is what, the 38th "three year rebuild"?......and this fan base has inexplicably weathered the previous 37 with undying support.....so why should #38 be met with unwavering support as in "this is THE one"?......haven't they earned apprehension and reticence?....as I said before, 2019 with 10 draft picks and $80+ mil in FA dollars is one of THE most pivotal years in the last decade or even perhaps back to the Polian era....2019 draft & FA changes won't materialize as an overnight success, but you can sure as hell bet on "irrational exuberance" pronto.....5-9 next year at 14 games in will raise some HUGE question marks if not sooner as to direction....understandably, patience is an adversary versus virtue in OBD lore.....

To be honest, I don't remember previous regimes having such unwavering support. The closest I've seen was the Tom Donahoe era. That taught me a valuable lesson; trust, but verify.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

Who specifically is playing a prominent role that is a former Bill, though? Gilmore who gave up a TD? Everyone else is just an afterthought on their respective teams.

Really, nobody out there who is a former Bill is setting the world on fire! Bill Polian once said the Bills fail as an organization because they keep fab favorites. Seems TBD members really get emotionally attached to some; there is a reason Doug Whaley is now in the XFL!

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Ostensibly because they asked nicely for our trust lol

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Really, nobody out there who is a former Bill is setting the world on fire! Bill Polian once said the Bills fail as an organization because they keep fab favorites. Seems TBD members really get emotionally attached to some; there is a reason Doug Whaley is now in the XFL!

Gilmore all pro.

51 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

What?  A Bills legend, member of the NFL HOF, leading non-kicking scorer in Bills history, and provider of some of the greatest moments in this franchise's history DARE criticize the current regime!?

Off with his head! 

Clearly McD knows better!  

Especially since Andre is doing so well in NFL scouting and personnel management, his opinions hold sway over many NFL professionals! And the "Clearly McD knows better" is the silliest comment ever - OK at least in the top five - posted on TBD; competition is pretty strong here. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

To be honest, I don't remember previous regimes having such unwavering support. The closest I've seen was the Tom Donahoe era. That taught me a valuable lesson; trust, but verify.

...Donohole was THE biggest violation of trust in OBD history.....Ralph's "inner circle of trust" collapsed because of Tom Terrific...remember he had to be named "El Presidente", the 1st in OBD history.....it fueled his ego and control freak nature......I had a smoke with him outside of Pittsford's Black n Blue Restaurant after a SJFC practice...cordial, engaging and down to earth....said, "we like what we are doing with our football team"....wolf in sheep's clothing....Ralph fies him and summons Marv amidst the national media ROTFLMAO with the "re-tired" one being summoned to restore OBD credibility............