AFC Divisional Playoffs: Chargers at Pats* 1:05pm CBS

YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Rivers is the most overrated cry baby in the league.

The only pleasure I have this game is getting to see him pout on the national stage in epic proportions. He's been like this his whole career.

Somehow the world projected him as the prototypical stoic excellent sport HOF Quarterback. He's a whiny baby HOF Quarterback. And a miserable sport.

Watching him and young Jay Cutler go at it in the AFCW long ago was excruciating.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

4 minutes ago, MattM said:

Especially when the godfather to his son is a practitioner of sketchy training methods and was accused by the FTC of peddling fake cancer cures....

I missed the start of this conversation.

Did someone suggest Brady is cheating with performance enhancing drugs and what not? 

It's kind of a back handed compliment, but I can totally see Brady as doing that stuff, because he is such a fierce competitor and wants to win at all costs.  That is the common thread in guys like that, including Lance Armstrong.

Also, when you see highly unusually better than normal athletic performance, at advanced ages, you should immediately think "cheating with drugs."

Barry Bonds comes to mind.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He comes across as putting forth a totally false persona at all times, like you have no idea what he's really thinking or really like at any moment in time.

Unlike Romo, as an example, who seems genuine, a good guy, and you feel like you know him.

*EDIT: That's just my take, of course.

Nantz calls more than football though. College Basketball & Golf too.

Just look at his announcing as a whole, is why I think he is very good.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

How about the Giants D daring us to run at them since the first play of the game by playing with only 2 Dlineman and the Bills just doing nothing but passing the ball constantly? Belichick said himself he prayed that we didn't run on them from the start because it would have been bad. Thurman Thomas had only 15 carries and ran for like 140 yards. If the Bills weren't stubborn and ran the ball more like they should have then we may have a Super Bowl trophy in Buffalo

Should have run the ball more, but if they did a 2 man line would be laughed at. Not a great coaching move, just a desperate one. Bills outsmarted themselves. A few more running plays and B.B. would have scrapped that look anyway and died a slow death rather than a fast one. 

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Some sort of "time zone equalization initiative" seems fair enough and I'm not sure how anyone could complain about it.

It should definitely be a concern when these games are scheduled.  I mean, why not?

I think the time zone shift accounts for about .8% of what we have seen today, but that doesn't mean it isn't a concern to be addressed. 

Games should be as even as they can be in terms of things like this.

Thanks bud.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Nantz calls more than football though. College Basketball & Golf too.

Just look at his announcing as a whole, is why I think he is very good.

Oh, I think he's technically a very good sports announcer.  My comments here have nothing to do with how well he does his job.

I'm talking more in terms of his character and persona.

Schopp and the Bulldog spent some time once talking about how Nantz revealed in an interview that he has to have his toast prepared a certain way, at breakfast, when he's on the road.  He went on about how it is so often screwed up, he has come to take a photograph of perfectly prepared toast, and keeps it with him when on the road.

When he orders his toast, he stresses how it has to be prepared and shows the waiter/waitress the photograph.

The point was that he is a totally self-consumed douchebag, which may or may not be true.

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

The only pleasure I have this game is getting to see him pout on the national stage in epic proportions. He's been like this his whole career.

Somehow the world projected him as the prototypical stoic excellent sport HOF Quarterback. He's a whiny baby HOF Quarterback. And a miserable sport.

No doubt!

He has had arguably the best TE in Gates and RB in LT all time and could not do squat. 

I'm not even sure he deserves the HOF honestly.

Rivers-Tepertantrum.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Poor clock management in the final 2:00 and terrible tackling vs Giants offense lost that SB. Had nothing to do with BBs side of the ball. Bills scored almost a point per minute of possession, but the D let them down that day. 

The d was an issue, no doubt. We did score 1.6 points per minute in the 2 previous playoff games leading to the SB that year. Giants d held us to more than 1/2 point per minute. Maybe we were frustrated offensively with sitting on the sideline so much, but I still think Bill was key to holding us to 19 points. Still something to behold how good he is. 

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I thought KC was going to kill Indy. I don’t want to see routs, btw! Re NO, they have basically taken the last 3 weeks off. Lot of time to prep and get healthy. 

Yes, they’ll be rested. Sometimes a team is better keeping on playing. I’m not going to put itvpast Foles, though it seems like a tall order. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Dopey said:

The d was an issue, no doubt. We did score 1.6 points per minute in the 2 previous playoff games leading to the SB that year. Giants d held us to more than 1/2 point per minute. Maybe we were frustrated offensively with sitting on the sideline so much, but I still think Bill was key to holding us to 19 points. Still something to behold how good he is. 

You can argue it's hindsight, but the story of XXV was not ramming the ball down the Giants' throat with our run game, which was outstanding.  That would have forced them to change what they were doing, and THEN we could have gone back to the air.

The thing is, Levy and the coaches were paid big bucks to figure that out during the game, not with the benefit of hindsight.