AFC Divisional Playoffs: Chargers at Pats* 1:05pm CBS

YoloinOhio

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Brady has hardly been touched in this game, let alone slammed around.

The NE machine is firing on all cylinders today, as per the norm.

Oh, he won’t get injured though I’d love it. I haven’t seen anything since it was 21 -7 , but I’m assuming he’s been untouched with all the holding I saw earlier 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...fine whine crap overplayed?.....10th straight AFCE....15 out of 17...5 Lombardis...Cheatriots?....zebras on Kraft's payroll?......NEW material is welcomed....SMH...the SOB's are good...dammit..........

yes they are. and the rest of the league is by and large dumb with a few exceptions(steelers,ravens)

NE has the dumb Bills,Jets and Dolphins in their division so they dont have to expend m,uch energy in the regular seeason and are fresh for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Creepy? I don't know about that.

I've always thought he was a good announcer. He also had a good cameo on "How I Met Your Mother."

He comes across as putting forth a totally false persona at all times, like you have no idea what he's really thinking or really like at any moment in time.

Unlike Romo, as an example, who seems genuine, a good guy, and you feel like you know him.

*EDIT: That's just my take, of course.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I hate saying this because I want to see a good game, but I really think that NO will completely rout Philly. It’s a bad matchup for Philly.

It might be, but NO didn’t look the same to me since the Dallas game. Sometimes these things don’t go with the logic. Lots of folks had the Colts, but on the prediction thread I had KC by 11. We’ll see, but I think at least the game will be called evenly , not sure which Ref has it though. 

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Poor clock management in the final 2:00 and terrible tackling vs Giants offense lost that SB. Had nothing to do with BBs side of the ball. Bills scored almost a point per minute of possession, but the D let them down that day. 

How about the Giants D daring us to run at them since the first play of the game by playing with only 2 Dlineman and the Bills just doing nothing but passing the ball constantly? Belichick said himself he prayed that we didn't run on them from the start because it would have been bad. Thurman Thomas had only 15 carries and ran for like 140 yards. If the Bills weren't stubborn and ran the ball more like they should have then we may have a Super Bowl trophy in Buffalo

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So were Lance Armstrong, Roger Clemons and Mark McGuire. Just saying. When an athlete utterly dominates his sport with a quantum leap kind of performance, it's usually not just because of clean living.

Especially when the godfather to his son is a practitioner of sketchy training methods and was accused by the FTC of peddling fake cancer cures....

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I understand both sides on the time, but they could have the west coast teams play later in the day.  I know it’s all about ratings, but they could have flipped these games.

Some sort of "time zone equalization initiative" seems fair enough and I'm not sure how anyone could complain about it.

It should definitely be a concern when these games are scheduled.  I mean, why not?

I think the time zone shift accounts for about .8% of what we have seen today, but that doesn't mean it isn't a concern to be addressed. 

Games should be as even as they can be in terms of things like this.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It might be, but NO didn’t look the same to me since the Dallas game. Sometimes these things don’t go with the logic. Lots of folks had the Colts, but on the prediction thread I had KC by 11. We’ll see, but I think at least the game will be called evenly , not sure which Ref has it though. 

I thought KC was going to kill Indy. I don’t want to see routs, btw! Re NO, they have basically taken the last 3 weeks off. Lot of time to prep and get healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

All this rushing in the playoffs shows that McDermott knows exactly what he is doing. Take that Schopp!

All three games have been garbagetime by the half this weekend

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tcali said:

yes they are. and the rest of the league is by and large dumb with a few exceptions(steelers,ravens)

NE has the dumb Bills,Jets and Dolphins in their division so they dont have to expend m,uch energy in the regular seeason and are fresh for the playoffs.

...almost like we play for 2nd fiddle perennially.....AFCE gift wrapped......any other division close to bows and wrapping paper?.....