AFC Divisional Playoffs: Chargers at Pats* 1:05pm CBS

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

We're currently going 0-7 in terms of really enjoyable playoff football this year.

1 total crap game yesterday, 1 lousy game yesterday, and a horrid blowout again today.

How about the late game?  Anyone think it will be good?

Seriously the playoff games have sucked.. the most interesting one was a low scoring game won from a missed chip shot.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

We're currently going 0-7 in terms of really enjoyable playoff football this year.

1 total crap game yesterday, 1 lousy game yesterday, and a horrid blowout again today.

How about the late game?  Anyone think it will be good?

I think Philly is going to surprise a lot of people.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

On this I disagree. Get home field and a bye and you get perks and advantages. Makes the regular season so awesome and important. 

Well they Chargers were 12-4 in regular season Pat's were 11-5 and Balt was 10-6 maybe NFL needs a better seeding system.

Edited by pop gun

Just now, pop gun said:

Well they Chargers were 12-4 in regular season Pat's were 11-5 and Balt was 10-6

You gotta win your division. It’s always been that way. I like that. Chargers didn’t, it’s really that simple. 

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No it’s not a proven fact

its a proven fact that your heart will get shattered if you think a Wild Card game winner is going to win on the road the next weekend

can we get one game that isn’t garbagetime by the half this weekend? 

Since the start of the 2003 season, West Coast teams have gone just 61-111 (35.5%) against East Coast teams. That seemingly reveals a significant advantage, but straight up wins and losses don’t provide a realistic measure of performance. Instead, we have focused on against the spread (ATS) records which indicate how well teams have performed against expectations

this is from an article written in 2016 so I'm not sure what the record is now but 50 games below .500 in 16 years is a proven fact

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I used to have respect for Anthony Lynn, that is until today. This has to be one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen in a playoff game in my life. The game plan looks like they were playing to lose, playing scared, no aggression, no pressure, no confidence. Their plan to beat Brady? Nothing!!! Their offensive game plan ? Hope for the best! Their adjustments after the first quarter? nothing.!Just a pathetic embarrassing effort overall. The Chargers look totally unprepared like they have never watched any film on the Pats or have practiced nothing different in preparing for Brady compared to Jackson last week. Did they think they could do the same against the golden god Brady? Just utter stupidity!!

To add to this, the refs of course have been helping the Pats with some key calls or non calls. Rivers has turned in his usual choke performance vs Brady and the complete lack of clutch plays by the Chargers = blowout!!

Exactly right. The people who were saying Lynn over McD would be an ongoing thing should own up to it. I had Lynn as coach of the year after the KC win. This lost is on the coaching staff, playing zone all game like the Steelers have done against Brady. Drool at an 80 percent completion rate and 3-1 TOP or send a friging BLITZ.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed.  I laugh when his name comes up in HOF discussions. Always comes up small in biggest moments, and that hasn’t changed as we can see. 

I think Rivers is a good quarterback, but highly overrated.  He has had the talent, and always comes up short.  Nowhere near the level of top tier qbs

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Since the start of the 2003 season, West Coast teams have gone just 61-111 (35.5%) against East Coast teams. That seemingly reveals a significant advantage, but straight up wins and losses don’t provide a realistic measure of performance. Instead, we have focused on against the spread (ATS) records which indicate how well teams have performed against expectations

this is from an article written in 2016 so I'm not sure what the record is now but 50 games below .500 in 16 years is a proven fact

West to East and a 1 PM game ( conveniently for NE) is pretty much the death knell for west coast teams.