AFC Divisional Playoffs: Chargers at Pats* 1:05pm CBS

YoloinOhio

Just now, John in Jax said:

When you compare it to the defensive holding they called earlier in the game on the Chargers, the contact was about the same, IOW, very minimal contact. So LA gets called, but NE doesn't. Either BOTH are no foul, or both are fouls....but we see what happened.

Yep, have to call it the same for both teams. I’m fine with less ref involvement, as long as that stance is maintained evenly throughout the contest. Sadly, this rarely happens when NE is involved, and you can tell how it will be by checking which Ref is assigned the game. Only a few good ones left after the retirements. 

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Just saw on the halftime show that the Chargers only had 10 defenders on the field during one of the Pats TDs from the goal line.  Great D coaching, Chargers.

Don't forget Anthony Lynn come from the Rex coaching tree

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Anyone second guessing letting Anthony Lynn now?

I was never in that camp, I like McD a lot. But I like ALynn too. I didn’t think he was great right away, but I think he did a really good job this year. I also just like his overall approach a lot. Most importantly, the LAC have always had a franchise QB and a lot of talent but seemed to underachieve year after year which I truly believe was due to coaching holding the back. I think he’s broken through that, despite what happens today. I follow them pretty closely and would have NEVER won those road prime time games vs the Steelers and Chiefs before he got there. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, bills11 said:

This is a classic case of being outcoached ..the talent gap between the Chargers Pat's isn't big at all..the Chargers have no answer for the Pat's jailbreak blitzes and defensively they've come in with the wrong gameplan 

100% this. 

9:12 left in 2nd quarter for me and SD punts again.

NE always gets their touchdowns!  you better get yours too or forget it.

Hoping for some 2nd half adjustments from SD; they need to deal with the heat NE is bringing on critical downs.

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

When you compare it to the defensive holding they called earlier in the game on the Chargers, the contact was about the same, IOW, very minimal contact. So LA gets called, but NE doesn't. Either BOTH are no foul, or both are fouls....but we see what happened.

I hate to defend the pats, but gronk is being held on almost every single pass play.

Just now, Avisan said:

Jackson played ball, Chargers player held visibly on a cross, world of difference

Doesn't matter if he played ball, a DB still cant go through the WR to get ball. No contact means no contact or it's a flag. Should have been a flag.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Avisan said:

Jackson played ball, Chargers player held visibly on a cross, world of difference

Many Pats* players have held visibly  on D the part of the game where I was still watching. Enough to know it was time to shut it off

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

They are in the playoffs and we were out a long time ago.  I don’t think Lynn would’ve held onto Peterman that long.  

I was thinking the same thing.  We are watching them play a game we have not made it to in over 20 years 

Just now, Avisan said:

Yeah, he "played ball" by making early contact, and going through the receiver. I mean, i agree with you that they SHOULD let plays like that go with no foul.....BUT the inconsistency of those type calls is what sticks in my craw. And again, the "visible hold" you refer to can just as easily been looked at as incidental contact, which pretty much happens on EVERY play between DBs and receivers.