Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Sounds like Dolphins are headed for full rebuild in 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless they truly believe next year’s draft class is that much better, if I were them I would draft a QB this year and start him as you go through the process. 

 

They are not in position to get a QB this year. The smart move is to rebuild and focus on the 2020 QB class. Of course I hope the fins take Tannehill 2.0 this year and don’t try a rebuild. That would put them 4th in the AFCE for the next three seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Hillbilly? That a joke? I mean, he has all his teeth, hair, and attending a prestigious university. If you mean he's a southern boy, yes he is. So is Brees. Rivers. Foles. Favre.etc, etc....lol

Agree. He actually reminds me of Foles .... (of course, much more natural talent) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Agree. He actually reminds me of Foles .... (of course, much more natural talent) 

I agree Yolo. He has a bright future. True freshman beating Bama on the biggest stage is huge.and for a hillbilly....quite impressive lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Which is why they lose every game in 2020.......what are you missing?

 

I thought you were saying Lawrence comes out in 2020.

 

So they are going to lose for 2 years straight?? No team is willing to do that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yeah I mentioned this in the hiring thread but it looks like a setup to tank for Tua.     He's going to be great, IMO.

 

Bills need to take advantage of the next couple of seasons..........there might not even be a 2020 offseason/2021 season as bad and as lopsided as the CBA has proven.

 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I thought you were saying Lawrence comes out in 2020.

 

So they are going to lose for 2 years straight?? No team is willing to do that.

 

 

 

Yeah no coach is signing up for two tank years going into a likely work stoppage in year 3.

 

Even Hugh Jackson wouldn't have agreed to that plan.:lol:

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I thought you were saying Lawrence comes out in 2020.

 

So they are going to lose for 2 years straight?? No team is willing to do that.

 

 

So I guess they are tanking for Tua because Herbert isn’t worth doing that imo 

46 minutes ago, billspro said:

 

They are not in position to get a QB this year. The smart move is to rebuild and focus on the 2020 QB class. Of course I hope the fins take Tannehill 2.0 this year and don’t try a rebuild. That would put them 4th in the AFCE for the next three seasons.

I was thinking they could trade up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Would the Dolphins actually trade Drake to Buffalo?

 

I would love it, but I seriously don't see it.

 

There is ZERO reason for them to get rid of Drake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So I guess they are tanking for Tua because Herbert isn’t worth doing that imo 

I was thinking they could trade up. 

 

guess they will have to see how each QB next year. Herbert could improve and Tua seemed to regress a bit .

 

 

Glad it's not us. I really think Allen is going to be elite .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

guess they will have to see how each QB next year. Herbert could improve and Tua seemed to regress a bit .

 

 

Glad it's not us. I really think Allen is going to be elite .

 

 

Looks like Bama is bringing Sark back as OC. They are having to replace both OCs and the QB coach. Not sure if this will help or hurt Tua next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like Bama is bringing Sark back as OC. They are having to replace both OCs and the QB coach. Not sure if this will help or hurt Tua next year. 

 

Hard to say, i think tua is good enough to overcome this and i cant see Saban bringing in bad coaches so he should be fine. Nice for us to not have to sweat over QBs for a long time.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless they truly believe next year’s draft class is that much better, if I were them I would draft a QB this year and start him as you go through the process. 

maybe they can pry Peterman away from the Raiders.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

 

There is ZERO reason for them to get rid of Drake.

The article is about how they want to bottom out and rebuild. That is the only reason you need. 

 

Why keep a good running back that will help you win short term (not the plan) that most likely wont be as good or even a part of the team by the time you’re ready to compete? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Smart.  Can't say I would even want anyone on that team. 

 

I would take 

Drake in a heartbeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad we seem to be a couple of years beyond all of this stuff.

Have a good shot of sweeping both the Jets and the Fins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hemma said:

Glad we seem to be a couple of years beyond all of this stuff.

Have a good shot of sweeping both the Jets and the Fins.

The Jets could be ok but they are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and Greggg has been fielding poor defenses in Cleveland ... depends on how FA and the draft go for them. I’m still somewhat bullish on Sam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....keep Cutler and hire Gloria Estevan as HC....we could use two AFCE "W's"................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

I thought you were saying Lawrence comes out in 2020.

 

So they are going to lose for 2 years straight?? No team is willing to do that.

 

 

I said they need to lose every game in 2020 and draft Lawrence.  I never said anything about 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I said they need to lose every game in 2020 and draft Lawrence.  I never said anything about 2019

 

That just not practical. No team tries to win the first year then lose the second. I dont know what their plans are but that is not it.

 

Besides this year should be a good QB draft with Tua, Herbert , Fromm and others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

 

That just not practical. No team tries to win the first year then lose the second. I dont know what their plans are but that is not it.

 

Besides this year should be a good QB draft with Tua, Herbert , Fromm and others.

 

Fromm doesn’t look like he will be a 1st rounder to me. I have a feeling he stays 4 years. You never know though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Fromm doesn’t look like he will be a 1st rounder to me. I have a feeling he stays 4 years. You never know though. 

 

was just going off the top of my head, haven't really dug into QBs lately.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

 

I think this is wat premature.  What did he have under his belt 7 games?  Recall the earth-shattering numbers from Cardale Jones?  His WRs made him look a whole lot better in the  Championship.

 

Besides I dont want a hillbilly as my franchise QB.

Trevor Lawrence was the #1 recruit coming out of HS and a generational talent

 

He would be the first pick if he could enter this draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Trevor Lawrence was the #1 recruit coming out of HS and a generational talent

 

He would be the first pick if he could enter this draft

 

definitely and not wanting a guy because he is a "hillbilly" is just stupid . 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Flores (pats defensive signal caller) interviewed for the Dolphins HC job ? Where are the game announcers getting their info on this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...