Sounds like Dolphins are headed for full rebuild in 2019

YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I thought you were saying Lawrence comes out in 2020.

So they are going to lose for 2 years straight?? No team is willing to do that.

Is that what everyone said the Bill's were doing until it blew up in their face last year and the players exceeded expectations?

They were supposed to tank/suck last year to get in position to get a QB, then suck this season when handing the reins over to the rookie QB to get his feet wet in the league before trying to be competitive again starting next year.....

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, he’s reportedly been offered the job and will be official after the pats are out of the playoffs 

Until the Pat's make him a better offer to stay and the day before his press conference he announces he is coming back to the Pat's........

Edited by apuszczalowski

Our national scout is now their GM so he would be in pretty good position to piss in our Cheerios...

The only saving grace is that as an org they are where we were at last year...under-performing QB, they are not in CAP jail, but need more than their projected EST. 20 million or so of available CAP in 2019, so they will be shedding players.

Hate to lose talented FO folks, but it happens when they want to climb the ladder and scout to GM is a good jump.

OBD needs to start filling the holes.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Hillbilly? That a joke? I mean, he has all his teeth, hair, and attending a prestigious university. If you mean he's a southern boy, yes he is. So is Brees. Rivers. Foles. Favre.etc, etc....lol

yeah it s a joke, calm down already, good lord.

17 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

definitely and not wanting a guy because he is a "hillbilly" is just stupid . 

you know what else is real, real stupid, not comprehending a joke.

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

If they were smart they’d lose 16 games in 2020 so they can get Lawrence.  He’s the only QB worth tanking for imo.

I highly fear that the Patriots* will go 0-16 that year, draft Lawrence and then go back to being a thorn in our sides for the next 15 years.  Hope I'm wrong.

21 hours ago, TaskersGhost said:

Just curious, everyone made so much over an emotionally charged win over this team that is now formally in rebuild mode, but honestly, did they have talent better than we did?  Not seeing it.  

Heck, their all but led by a completely washed up 35-year-old RB.  

If they're so bad, why did that final win have such relevance as harbinger for next season for us.  Just sayin'.  

McBeane have a world heap of work to do, not sure how they can possibly get it done in time to save their jobs.  one more move like Lotulolei, Benjamin, or Murphy, ... 

I'm going to find where you live, come to your house, and urinate in your Cheerios while you are enjoying them.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless they truly believe next year’s draft class is that much better, if I were them I would draft a QB this year and start him as you go through the process. 

Do the Cleveland move.  Taking Jones or Lock if they are available in round 2 doesn't close the door on taking the #1 QB next year.

30 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I highly fear that the Patriots* will go 0-16 that year, draft Lawrence and then go back to being a thorn in our sides for the next 15 years.  Hope I'm wrong.

Hoping that Lawrence kid goes to an NFC team out West.

He's the real deal with ice in his veins. Just unfazed by pressure situations, groomed as a QB, with far too much poise, timing, and ability to squeeze his throws into a tiny window.

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Parker was hated by Gase. Not sure if he will get a clean slate with Flores. 

Gase hated a lot of players: Ajayi, Suh, Landry, and Jordan Phillips. He chased a lot of talent out of there because they weren't "Gase culture" guys. I think he's a smart offensive game planner, but I really wonder about his emotional intelligence. 

31 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

I was really hoping those rumors they were interested in Rexy were true...  Would have been guaranteed dumpster fires for the next few years in both NYJ with Gase and Miami with Rex.

Rob might be the one getting a job first, Pagano is supposed to be looking at him for the Bears LB coach.......

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Nah, they go 16-0 that year and still get to draft him as either every team for some unexplainable reason let's him slide, or they acquire the #1 pick from someone in a trade of one of their expiring assetts that goes on to do nothing for the new team......

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:41 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder who they will play at QB? You got to figure they are going all in for this tank year but probably want to be careful about being to obvious. They will need a guy that they won’t win with but won’t give away their tank intention. They still have tickets to sell. Blake Bortles maybe?

Tyrod Taylor

• 3 weeks later...