Sounds like Dolphins are headed for full rebuild in 2019

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

Glad we seem to be a couple of years beyond all of this stuff.

Have a good shot of sweeping both the Jets and the Fins.

The Jets could be ok but they are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and Greggg has been fielding poor defenses in Cleveland ... depends on how FA and the draft go for them. I’m still somewhat bullish on Sam. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I thought you were saying Lawrence comes out in 2020.

So they are going to lose for 2 years straight?? No team is willing to do that.

I said they need to lose every game in 2020 and draft Lawrence.  I never said anything about 2019

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I said they need to lose every game in 2020 and draft Lawrence.  I never said anything about 2019

That just not practical. No team tries to win the first year then lose the second. I dont know what their plans are but that is not it.

Besides this year should be a good QB draft with Tua, Herbert , Fromm and others.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

That just not practical. No team tries to win the first year then lose the second. I dont know what their plans are but that is not it.

Besides this year should be a good QB draft with Tua, Herbert , Fromm and others.

Fromm doesn’t look like he will be a 1st rounder to me. I have a feeling he stays 4 years. You never know though. 

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think this is wat premature.  What did he have under his belt 7 games?  Recall the earth-shattering numbers from Cardale Jones?  His WRs made him look a whole lot better in the  Championship.

Besides I dont want a hillbilly as my franchise QB.

Trevor Lawrence was the #1 recruit coming out of HS and a generational talent

He would be the first pick if he could enter this draft

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Has Flores (pats defensive signal caller) interviewed for the Dolphins HC job ? Where are the game announcers getting their info on this?

Yes, he’s reportedly been offered the job and will be official after the pats are out of the playoffs 

Damn, I was hoping that they’d take a QB this year and pass on one in the 2020 class. 

It it looks like 2020 could be a pretty good QB class. But who knows, a lot can change between now and then. 

Good for the Dolphins though, if they finally do have some type of plan in place. They’ve been kind of just winging it for quite a while now. 

The AFC east could end up being a pretty tough division in a few years if the Jets, Dolphins and Bills all really do get their **** together. 

Edited by BillsFan4

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Jets are probably in rebuild mode as well.  It’s going to be another ugly AFCE next year.

All in the eye of the beholder, MGK. I look at our upcoming schedule as playing 7 -SEVEN games against teams with new coaching staffs. DEN, CLE, CIN, NYJx2 & MIA x 2. I expect us to win 5 of these, 6 if we catch Gase’s Jets early. Securing significant upgrades this offseason will have us in the playoffs again, 2 expected losses to the Pats* notwithstanding.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder who they will play at QB? You got to figure they are going all in for this tank year but probably want to be careful about being to obvious. They will need a guy that they won’t win with but won’t give away their tank intention. They still have tickets to sell. Blake Bortles maybe?

I wonder if they'll kick the tires on Sam Bradford or someone like Mike Glennon. Both are expert tank commanders 

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I truly believe he’s only successful with Reid/Pederson system. He said he would retire unless he was playing for one of them. 

But, would he be happy to just be a backup in 2019? I can't see Wentz and Foles both on the Eagles next year given what Foles has done this year 

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But, would he be happy to just be a backup in 2019? I can't see Wentz and Foles both on the Eagles next year given what Foles has done this year 

I don’t know but there is a player he played with with the rams who said he told them that. He’s a different kind of guy. Very content, not really pushing for anything.