NFL preparing for another work disruption in 2021??

Big Turk

Coaches are wanting language in their contract about how much they get paid of there is a work stoppage in 2021 and teams are coming up with percentages based o n how much of the season is lost...

Says executives feel there will be some type of disruption again...these guys just cant get it together...why don't they start working on things now to avoid it??

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25749860/language-new-coaches-contracts-hints-possible-nfl-work-stoppage-2021?platform=amp

Edited by matter2003

Just like last time. No games will be lost. The nfl is the one league that people would still watch if the players were scabs. Fans DO cheer for the laundry and as long as your team is out there, you will watch. The turnover is so vast in the league, the team you love is completely different from year to year anyway. The games will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just like last time. No games will be lost. The nfl is the one league that people would still watch if the players were scabs. Fans DO cheer for the laundry and as long as your team is out there, you will watch. The turnover is so vast in the league, the team you love is completely different from year to year anyway. The games will happen.

I don't know man, I could hardly watch when the Refs were scabs, much less the players.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The current refs could not be worse. I’d rather watch a game with no ref. 

Just watch the  game and forget about focussing like a mental patient on the officials 

1 minute ago, Laughing Coffin said:

You clearly have a short memory and don't remember the 2012 NFL referee lockout

I remember it fine. They were terrible and so are the actual referees. Again, I never even mentioned the refs. All I said is they won’t miss games and another guy said “I couldn’t take the replacement refs” 

• Like (+1) 1

Agreed on a work stoppage not happening.  Each side will make some concessions, but for everyone bashing owners, they own the team and have a right to build with their company meaning their team.

Players are making fine money.  The people who continue to be hurt are the older players as they are forced to retire as their salaries are too much according to Mgmt (at least the avg player, not the stars).

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

I don't know man, I could hardly watch when the Refs were scabs, much less the players.

I truly do not think they were any worse than what we currently have as far as officials-the Fail Mary is the most overblown officiating moment I can recall. The official was out of position  but it was a close call. Yesterday the Cowboys had a drive stopped when an in the grasp was called completely improperly.  I could go on but I truly think the current officials are the worst of the 4 major sports and generally I think the college officials are better than NFL.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I truly do not think they were any worse than what we currently have as far as officials-the Fail Mary is the most overblown officiating moment I can recall. The official was out of position  but it was a close call. Yesterday the Cowboys had a drive stopped when an in the grasp was called completely improperly.  I could go on but I truly think the current officials are the worst of the 4 major sports and generally I think the college officials are better than NFL.

Officials in the MAC are a joke. I just bring up the MAC cus I see them live plenty

This next lockout I could see the season getting scrapped. The players are crying broke again and want more money. Only thing I can say is your making millions invest and save . Then buy yourself a team so you can afford the $250 million yacht like that idiot jones! 

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

Whether anybody thinks there will be a disruption or not, with the amount of money at stake a person would be a fool not to prepare for it.

every company with an unionized workforce prepares for the next CBA negotiations.   A big nothing here other than to get people to pay more attention to the NFL.  And as others have noted, they could use other players if the players went on strike.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed on a work stoppage not happening.  Each side will make some concessions, but for everyone bashing owners, they own the team and have a right to build with their company meaning their team.

Players are making fine money.  The people who continue to be hurt are the older players as they are forced to retire as their salaries are too much according to Mgmt (at least the avg player, not the stars).

Not true...the CBA allows average vested vets making league minimum to count the same as a 1st year player league minimum towards the cap.

Edited by matter2003