Rams & Chiefs Offensive Lines

Jerome007

Again the media is all about the QBs and "skill players" after wins but did you see the dominance of the OLines yesterday? Mahomes had so many pass attempts when he had tons of time, a clean line of vision, etc. And the Rams OLine totally whooped the Dallas D. It wasn't that the Cowboys defense played bad, were out of sync  or outschemed. They were simply pushed around like if they were a weak front 7. Crazy dominance. 

The Chiefs have so many offensive weapons, Mahones can run around and escape the rush, and the SCHEMES are amazing. The plays are so varied, so well designed, that the OLine could look better than it is, IDK. Awesome coaching in any case. But the Rams, that was a straight mugging. In any case, I can just picture Josh and the Bills O with a great line like that *drools* Nobody would be saying McCoy is done if he had been running behind that line - or we would know if he indeed slowed down as there was no way to tell, he had no holes.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've heard good things about that Rams OL coach... oh wait, the Bills fired him 2 years ago. Damn.

Well, I believe the Chiefs and Rams both have high profile OL FAs this year, one a guard and 1 a center... if you ask me, I say we overpay and throw a combined $17M- $20M at these two guys, re-sign Mills and draft a RT with our 2nd rounder, and we still have approx $70M to spend on skill positions and 9 more draft picks to find another 5-6 starters. 

I wish Madden came out at the end of the super bowl, I would love to get the game right now, I would love to get a copy and build this team myself. This offseason is looking exciting.

Yeah and as much as a I love Jim, Andre, Thurman etc....it's funny how years later they still get all the glory but whenever I watch old highlights from the 90s Bills games I am always blown away by how awesome our O-line was back then.  Without a doubt having a solid line is one of the key ingredients to becoming a contender. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, hemma said:

Rams 1 - 2 punch had 48 rushes vs 28 attempted passes.

Cowboys just couldn't stop it.

I hope we start seeing news about OL Coach interviews soon.

Wait, the NFL experts on TBD constantly harp you only win in the NFL by passing - how can this be!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You just need to find the right guys. Some of those guys are journeymen, second round picks, 7th rounders etc. the lone top ten player is Eric Fisher and he's probably the worst of the bunch. Also the Chiefs have a good amount of functional depth and overcame a few injuries this year. 

Find the right guys to gel for you. You don't have to use premium assets like top ten picks. And find functional depth. That has to be mission numero uno this off season. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As many of us have said: the Bills need a 2017 Rams type offseason.

Add 3 starters on the OL 

Add a whole new top-3 WR group

Add 2 new TEs

Let your rookie QB immerse himself in the playbook for an entire offseason 

Ill keep saying it: we are entering our prime 3 year window to win. If we don’t enter September talking about 10+ wins as the expectation, somethings gone terribly wrong. 

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

You just need to find the right guys. Some of those guys are journeymen, second round picks, 7th rounders etc. the lone top ten player is Eric Fisher and he's probably the worst of the bunch. Also the Chiefs have a good amount of functional depth and overcame a few injuries this year. 

Find the right guys to gel for you. You don't have to use premium assets like top ten picks. And find functional depth. That has to be mission numero uno this off season. 

Wait I thought you need to find  or draft elite  guys like Jason Peters and then pay them.  At least according to our football experts .  Interesting that a number of teams advancing in playoffs are not following this.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Agreed

Find yourself a veteran C and RT that fit the scheme, and a lot of problems will be solved. I'd also invest in a veteran chess piece like Ty Nsehke as a 6th OLmen. He can play anywhere besides center and would provide critical depth on game day.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

As many of us have said: the Bills need a 2017 Rams type offseason.

Add 3 starters on the OL 

Add a whole new top-3 WR group

Add 2 new TEs

Let your rookie QB immerse himself in the playbook for an entire offseason 

Daryl Williams-RT Panthers

Garrett Bradbury-C NCST

Tytus Howard-LT Alabama St

Hakeem Butler-WR Iowa State

Andy Isabella-WR UMASS

Chris Conley-WR Chiefs

Donald Parham-TE Stetson

Maxx Williams-TE Ravens

The winners were far superior teams, trying to make sense of it by deconstructing the whole into parts is silly

again.... DO NOT be impressed by Wild Card Weekend winning teams, almost every year the best teams by far get that week off.

Hopefully we get one game this weekend that. Is competitive 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Wait I thought you need to find  or draft elite  guys like Jason Peters and then pay them.  At least according to our football experts .  Interesting that a number of teams advancing in playoffs are not following this.

Also the Cowboys are the team with all of those highly touted and drafted players (though Frederick is out) and they got their asses handed to them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Daryl Williams-RT Panthers

Garrett Bradbury-C NCST

Tytus Howard-LT Alabama St

Hakeem Butler-WR Iowa State

Andy Isabella-WR UMASS

Chris Conley-WR Chiefs

Donald Parham-TE Stetson

Maxx Williams-TE Ravens

Not bad!

If I have my druthers, it would be:

C - Mitch Morse

RT - Daryl Williams

OG - Ramon Foster 

OL6 - Ty Nsehke 

WR - Marvin Jones (trade)

WR - Marquise Brown

TE - Demetrius Harris

TE - Jeff Heuerman

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Also the Cowboys are the team with all of those highly touted and drafted players (though Frederick is out) and they got their asses handed to them. 

There’s a reason a team gets the bye in the first round

congrats on figuring this out by a side route....

15 minutes ago, row_33 said:

There’s a reason a team gets the bye in the first round

congrats on figuring this out by a side route....

I'm not sure what you mean, but this was a conversation about the offensive lines of the winning teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yesterday was another great example of why you don’t pay guys like LeVeon Bell and Shady McCoy ridiculous money.

The two runners with unbelievably good games yesterday:

CJ Anderson - cut from another team this season and consistent backup player.

Damien Williams - cut from another team this year and consistent backup player.

if your o-line can block, the running back is almost irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Eric Fisher of the Chiefs had a dominant game.  Mahomes is good when he has time, but he is excellent throwing accurate passes side-armed around rushers and to receivers he sometimes does not appear to be even looking at.  He is unique in that way. Great players and coaches.

The Rams are now what the Bills will be in two years with a few good FA signings, a marquee player via trade, and a couple good drafts.