Rams & Chiefs Offensive Lines

Jerome007

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rice, Forte and Lewis are all gone.  

This season, AP went to the Skins, parked his car, and ran for another 1000+ yards.

Joe Thomas has lost 100 lbs and is doing podcasts.

Hindsight is 20/20.  And if anyone thought AP had anything left in the tank after his career looked over in 2016, he'd have signed for more than vet minimum. 

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Minny was a "real organization"?  Look who they had behind Center all those years.  Best was one year with a near dead Favre.  AP helped them get to the playoffs with Gus Frerotte, Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater.  You don't think the Browns fans look at that as pretty good outcome??

Do you really think the Browns offense would not have benefitted in a similar way if they had drafted AP instead of Thomas?  Maybe not playoffs, but more points, more wins.

You know......something to (actually) cheer about?  If you say no,  I just don't believe you.

It suddenly got to less than 100% before kickoff??

Hey man I respect your opinion, I agree AP is the best RB i've seen since Tomlinson probably.  I just dont think using Thomas is the best way to show the value of an OT early on, especially because he is maybe the GOAT.  Btw I think you could have given the browns AP, Thomas, Megatron, and Willis and they would still screw it up.  Decent fans though

11 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I imagine, as in Minny (who's O-line had a single Pro Bowler for one year--the 400 lb McKinnie), he would have helped them to a winning record, possibly the playoffs. He didn't need to draft his own QB in Minny.

Probably would have done more in Cleveland than the HOF anchor of an O-line that gave up 66 sacks in a year...

McKinnie, Burke, Hutchinson..............All probowlers and HOFers. Maybe AP was so good because he had a great line. 

Edited by BillsMafia13

25 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Hey man I respect your opinion, I agree AP is the best RB i've seen since Tomlinson probably.  I just dont think using Thomas is the best way to show the value of an OT early on, especially because he is maybe the GOAT.  Btw I think you could have given the browns AP, Thomas, Megatron, and Willis and they would still screw it up.  Decent fans though

McKinnie, Burke, Hutchinson..............All probowlers and HOFers. Maybe AP was so good because he had a great line. 

All HOF'ers!!  lol

Anyway, Birk was gone after AP's second season, McKinnie (a single Pro Bowl his entire career-----HOF!!) was gone after AP's 4th season and Hutchinson the next year.

So....the season after they were ALL gone, AP ran for 2100 yards.  Then nearly 1300 the next season.  Then he tore his ACL.  Then he came back from that the next year....and ran for nearly 1500 yards.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All HOF'ers!!  lol

Anyway, Birk was gone after AP's second season, McKinnie (a single Pro Bowl his entire career-----HOF!!) was gone after AP's 4th season and Hutchinson the next year.

So....the season after they were ALL gone, AP ran for 2100 yards.  Then nearly 1300 the next season.  Then he tore his ACL.  Then he came back from that the next year....and ran for nearly 1500 yards.

And the vikings still won 1 playoff game in that time.  I gotcha, no point in beating a dead horse here!

I gotta say I am kind of with Mr. Weo. And I think I get what he's saying. 

Having dominate top ten linemen but a lack of overall talent, like Tennessee with Conklin and Lewan, is like putting lipstick on a pig. It's cool that they are good and PFF likes them, it doesn't mean anything because the team doesn't win. It's kind of the same argument as the Joe Thomas situation. Like it or not, linemen are role players. They can put a team over the top, but they aren't superstars by any means. And I am a big line guy. I was a college lineman and I've been coaching high school linemen for 12 years. 

There is one top ten lineman left in the playoffs, and its Eric Fisher, and he's okay. Largely considered a bust. The Patriots should sign James Harrison for one game so he can dominate Fisher again. 

It's about the quarterback, the system, and the defense. 

29 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

And the vikings still won 1 playoff game in that time.  I gotcha, no point in beating a dead horse here!

Yeah 4 playoff appearances and a win. Browns fans would rather not, right?

Great point.  Your horse was DOA...

27 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I gotta say I am kind of with Mr. Weo. And I think I get what he's saying. 

Having dominate top ten linemen but a lack of overall talent, like Tennessee with Conklin and Lewan, is like putting lipstick on a pig. It's cool that they are good and PFF likes them, it doesn't mean anything because the team doesn't win. It's kind of the same argument as the Joe Thomas situation. Like it or not, linemen are role players. They can put a team over the top, but they aren't superstars by any means. And I am a big line guy. I was a college lineman and I've been coaching high school linemen for 12 years. 

There is one top ten lineman left in the playoffs, and its Eric Fisher, and he's okay. Largely considered a bust. The Patriots should sign James Harrison for one game so he can dominate Fisher again. 

It's about the quarterback, the system, and the defense. 

The Vikes barely won with AP (4 winning seasons in 10).  And they had a much better organization than the Browns.  And again, they signed Jamal Lewis prior to that draft and weren't going to take a RB.

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah 4 playoff appearances and a win. Browns fans would rather not, right?

Great point.  Your horse was DOA...

Saying Joe Thomas is a dumb pick because AP was great is the dumbest stance ever.  Hey the Browns should have drafted Big Ben in 04, Aaron Rodgers in 05, Shady in 09, Gronk/Graham, /Tate in 10, You ability to look back a decade and say "wow I knew that was coming" is astounding. You're saying nothing worthwhile, you didnt even have a horse to ride in on.

Edited by BillsMafia13

1 minute ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Saying Joe Thomas is a dumb pick because AP was great is the dumbest stance ever.  Hey the Browns should have drafted Big Ben in 04, Aaron Rodgers in 05, Shady in 09, Gronk/Graham, /Tate in 10, You ability to look back a decade and say "wow I knew that was coming". You're saying nothing worthwhile, you didnt even have a horse to ride in on.

Yeah, Peterson was a complete unknown coming into the 2007 draft.  No one could have predicted his NFL career.  And thanks for the assist on how badly the Browns draft.

Keep digging, you've almost reached the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, Peterson was a complete unknown coming into the 2007 draft.  No one could have predicted his NFL career.  And thanks for the assist on how badly the Browns draft.

Keep digging, you've almost reached the bottom.

Still not knocking AP, did every other team who drafted before the browns screw up the pick too? Well keep overlooking the fact they signed Lewis (1300 yards).

Edited by BillsMafia13

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

Still not knocking AP, did every other team who drafted before the browns screw up the pick too?

No, none of them picked a LT.

The Raiders picked Russell.  The pick at the time made sense because his epic failure was not yet to be.

The Lions drafted Calvin Johnson.  Do you really need help with that one?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, none of them picked a LT.

The Raiders picked Russell.  The pick at the time made sense because his epic failure was not yet to be.

The Lions drafted Calvin Johnson.  Do you really need help with that one?

Even though I just referenced him 2 posts ago?  No I got it, you think Russell was a good pick at 1 with AP on the board (even though they JUST signed Lewis) but Joe Thomas wasnt. Also didnt mention Brown and Adams as bad picks but you knew that. Joe Thomas should never have been drafted and the bills should have moved mountains for AP, got it.  Your childish jabs are amusing but your logic is weak and your monday morning qb'ing got exposed.  Be gone child, im done with you

Edited by BillsMafia13

3 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Even though I just referenced him 2 posts ago?  No I got it, you think Russell was a good pick at 1 with AP on the board (even though they JUST signed Lewis) but Joe Thomas wasnt. Also didnt mention Brown and Adams as bad picks but you knew that. Joe Thomas should never have been drafted and the bills should have moved mountains for AP, got it.  Your childish jabs are amusing but your logic is weak and your monday morning qb'ing got exposed.  Be gone child, im done with you

Brown?  Adams?  The Bills??

I have no idea what you are talking about at this point.

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Vikes barely won with AP (4 winning seasons in 10).  And they had a much better organization than the Browns.  And again, they signed Jamal Lewis prior to that draft and weren't going to take a RB.

It's because they didn't have a quarterback. 

Quarterback, scheme, defense in that order. Everyone else are role players, running backs, linemen, receivers. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brown?  Adams?  The Bills??

I have no idea what you are talking about at this point.

Thats because you uneducated and talking nonsense.  Gaines Adams and Levi Brown were drafted before AP but you fail to mention them on your AP worship tour. By your count, the Buffalo Bills should have traded all their picks to move up 5 picks for the GOAT.  Do some research 

43 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Thats because you uneducated and talking nonsense.  Gaines Adams and Levi Brown were drafted before AP but you fail to mention them on your AP worship tour. By your count, the Buffalo Bills should have traded all their picks to move up 5 picks for the GOAT.  Do some research 

You asked me if every team that drafted before the Browns screwed up.  I answered that question.

Then you went on about picks that were made after the Browns took Thomas.

Ok...

But yes, those 2 were obviously bad choices as well.  This is easy.

As far as the Bills, they don't play a role in this conversation, so you lost me there.

You should nap now.

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You asked me if every team that drafted before the Browns screwed up.  I answered that question.

Then you went on about picks that were made after the Browns took Thomas.

Ok...

But yes, those 2 were obviously bad choices as well.  This is easy.

As far as the Bills, they don't play a role in this conversation, so you lost me there.

You should nap now.

You seem pretty lost altogether and a little cranky, and its way too early to nap cmon. Bottom line JT is the worst example to make on why drafting OL early is a mistake, I get you cant concede that because of that bear hug you have on AP. Anyways lets stop derailing the good peoples thread with frivolous points. Id be happy if the bills spent all 90 mil on oline free agents.  Build Josh a Wall!

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It's because they didn't have a quarterback. 

Quarterback, scheme, defense in that order. Everyone else are role players, running backs, linemen, receivers. 

Yup.  Even with the great AP the Vikes only made the playoffs 40% of the time and won a playoff game 10% of that time.  The Browns were a mess and likely wouldn't have even accomplished that.

• Like (+1) 1