NFC Divisional playoff: Cowboys at Rams 8:15pm Fox

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Liable for dumb things, namely Talib. 

Yeah, a veteran who has been in the league as long as Talib has needs to be smarter.  That penalty in the end zone on Amari Cooper was pretty dumb, just to give one example.

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Goff 15-28 for a buck- eighty six. The guy just hasn’t been the same since the Bears punched him in the mouth. Don’t think he gets it done in NFC title game. 

Dude he won the game with 2 100 yard rushers on his team. He didn't need to do much of anything. Coaches preferred manhandling the Cowboys by running it down their throats and Goff thought that sounded like a swell idea.

I thought he threw some dimes in the endzone one possession that were all catchable FWIW. Some bad throws too. But most any Quarterback could have won that game

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One word: Kupp

And 300 yards rushing. Not gonna say he played bad because he was hardly asked to do anything.

3 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Dude he won the game with 2 100 yard rushers on his team. He didn't need to do much of anything. Coaches preferred manhandling the Cowboys by running it down their throats and Goff thought that sounded like a swell idea.

I thought he threw some dimes in the endzone one possession that were all catchable FWIW. Some bad throws too. But most any Quarterback could have won that game

I realize that,  they’ve gone to the ground game since the Bears beat  them. I just don’t think that will get it done vs NO or PHL is all. He’s going to have to do more and I think he’s been exposed a bit. Maybe I’m wrong , but that’s what I see. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yeah, a veteran who has been in the league as long as Talib has needs to be smarter.  That penalty in the end zone on Amari Cooper was pretty dumb, just to give one example.

He's fantastically dumb. You sign a vet that's been dumb for 10+ years you roll with the punches

For all the Rams have been known this year for their high scoring and high flying passing gam this one followed the pattern of the playoffs so far..... one team dominated in the trenches on both sides and the other team couldn't overcome. 

The Rams won upfront. And I think Wade called a great game. They sold out consistently to stop Zeke and took the view that they would make Cooper and Gallop beat them. While I think those two and Dak played a decent game it took the Cowboys out of their comfort zone. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

What did he do

it looks like Cooper may have been the aggressor but you don't ever see this kind of behavior from him, so i'm gonna say that Peters mouth was the issue here.

Watch: Marcus Peters, Amari Cooper get into confrontation after Rams win

Marcus Peters and Amari Cooper get into scuffle after Rams win

https://twitter.com/DCarr75/status/1084304088706166784

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So maybe McVay isn't the genius everyone thinks he is? Hm.

I don't know how you get that.

They say "genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration".  Football genius needs guys who perspire.

3 damn good WR, one of whom is a sure-handed outlet, are a sight harder to defend than 2.  Ask anyone who plays the Pats if they'd rather face them with 3 great WR threats or 2.

Now take the star RB out of the equation for 3 games and you see what you see.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know how you get that.

They say "genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration".  Football genius needs guys who perspire.

3 damn good WR, one of whom is a sure-handed outlet, are a sight harder to defend than 2.  Ask anyone who plays the Pats if they'd rather face them with 3 great WR threats or 2.

Now take the star RB out of the equation for 3 games and you see what you see.

They're getting ready to play in the Conference Championship game in McVay's 2nd season. I'd be pretty happy with those kind of results from a Bills HC.

I would agree with the poster who said that Goff doesn't look right. He seems hesitant to pull the trigger for whatever reason. Had perfect protection on a few PA plays with "open enough" receivers down the field and ran OOB or threw it away.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

They're getting ready to play in the Conference Championship game in McVay's 2nd season. I'd be pretty happy with those kind of results from a Bills HC.

I would agree with the poster who said that Goff doesn't look right. He seems hesitant to pull the trigger for whatever reason. Had perfect protection on a few PA plays with "open enough" receivers down the field and ran OOB or threw it away.

I think Goff has always avoided those "open enough, but pretty tight coverage" throws since his rookie season, it just wasn't as noticeable earlier in the year because he hit Kupp.

• Like (+1) 1