Colts @ Chiefs (AFC Divisional Round) GDT - NBC 4:35 pm

RiotAct

33 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Everyone is an expert in hindsight.

No, that’s not it. The issue is that NFL execs, HCs et al are paid big $$ to have foresight. A vision for building a team. Bills fans mostly don’t have anything against Allen, but Mahomes looks as close to a sure thing as there is. Allen may or may not pan out at all. 

1 hour ago, APoxOnYou said:

I swear the most asine arguments are made for Mahomes on this forum. Ridiculous. 

That's usually because they're made by people who love to talk about why the Bills suck, and how they would be a much better team if only THEY were the owner/GM/HC/OC/DC/QB/RB for the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, that’s not it. The issue is that NFL execs, HCs et al are paid big $$ to have foresight. A vision for building a team. Bills fans mostly don’t have anything against Allen, but Mahomes looks as close to a sure thing as there is. Allen may or may not pan out at all. 

Ok, like Mahomes was the second coming going into the draft.  He was evaluated like all the other Texas Tech QBs who throw up ridiculous numbers.  Secondly, I was making reference to fans who like to play this shoulda woulda game.

If you really take a look at the number of posts one way or another, the overwhelming preponderance of them are pro Allen citing everything Kansas City has that the Bills don't. Not quite sure where the persecution complex comes from.

Right now, Mahomes is great. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't have solid results anywhere. QB's like that tend to make everyone better. Hopefully, Allen gets near that level and the Bills get him more talent. It's unfair to judge Allen one way or the other at this point. We know what Mahomes is all about.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, APoxOnYou said:

I think it has something to do with the fact that there is a sizable contingent of fans on this board that feel that if you aren't always incredibly critical of the Bills originzation and their decisions your catigorized as a "Homer". Which is why i think constantly bring Mahomes up. It reinforces their (I believe incorrect) argument that he's the greatest ever. 

You're probably right but that's what's strange to me - I am proud to be a homer becasue I'm a fan!  I don't pretend to be impartial.  If you claim to be a fan but are not a "homer" then what the hell are you? 

Now that doesn't mean I'm blind to what goes on in Bills land and I don't view everything through rose colored glasses.  I like to think that I'm a decent judge of NFL talent for the simple reason that I've spent 50 years watching the NFL closely.  But I'll own rooting for any player that wears the blue, white & red!  It's just like some of these people want Allen to fail while rooting for Mahomes to win the MVP. 

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Or

Andy has learned how to manage a rookie QB which means a red-shirt first season. Even McNabb sat for half a season behind Pederson. I know cuz I lived in Philly at the time.

That is why the Chiefs signed A Smith, and the moved up to draft Mahomes. Andy got smarter. He's no dope.

He looked like a dope losing all those home playoff games with KC until Mahomes arrived.

Remember.........Meathead Mike Mularkey stunned Andy Reid at home in the playoffs last season.......the same season he drafted Mahomes.........so not sure he was smarter just yet........that seemed to happen when Mahomes started wheeling and dealing including some crazy off-platform throws.?

I guess what you are getting at is that McDermott made a bad decision by not getting a legit starting QB or keeping Tyrod so that Allen could sit for a season?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Ok, like Mahomes was the second coming going into the draft.  He was evaluated like all the other Texas Tech QBs who throw up ridiculous numbers.  Secondly, I was making reference to fans who like to play this shoulda woulda game.

If he was thought of as the second coming he would have been gone with the 1st overall pick and there would be no issue. What’s done is done, but I’d feel a lot better about the Bills talent evaluators and the team’s future if they had addressed the franchise’s most pressing need by drafting Mahomes. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsmisery said:

If the chiefs win the SB I'll have to quit watching the NfL sadly...I mean the Chiefs really? I wouldnt be able to stand all of the moron fans around here ugh. 

No way, the Chiefs are just fine. I hope they are there because it means NE won’t be.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If he was thought of as the second coming he would have been gone with the 1st overall pick and there would be no issue. What’s done is done, but I’d feel a lot better about the Bills talent evaluators and the team’s future if they had addressed the franchise’s most pressing need by drafting Mahomes. 

Like I said...shoulda woulda coulda.  

25 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm with you on the hindsight thing. I don't really play that game because I personally didn't think he'd be this good.

But he IS this good. I don't really blame the Bills because there was too much going on with the organization. What's done is done.

I can't sit here and pretend like he's not special because the Bills didn't draft him.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I'm with you on the hindsight thing. I don't really play that game because I personally didn't think he'd be this good.

But he IS this good. I don't really blame the Bills because there was too much going on with the organization. What's done is done.

I can't sit here and pretend like he's not special because the Bills didn't draft him.

Agreed.  He turned out to be a great QB, kudos to the Chiefs.  No sense in whining about it now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

Here's the thing.

Mahomes had a full year to sit behind Alex Smith. A full year, no starting expectations, watching a very smart QB (A Smith) prepare and learn.

He has a very good offensive coach who made McNabb and a bunch of junk other than RBs look good.

Mahomes was 100% handled the right way.

JA was not, and has not had the same. Most people wanted him to sit a year, like a red shirt, and learn the pro game.

There is a reason JA appreciates having KA and MB on the team.

Patrick Mahomes is phenominal. But he was also put into a 100% dream job. Had Buffalo drafted him, he would not be the same.

The fact JA did what he did as a rookie, in a far worse situation, speaks to JA as a competitor.

Mahomes landed in a dream situation. JA is the right guy for Buffalo, because has shown an ability to overcome the limitations around him.

God knows the Bills messed up everything about JA's first year, and he still flashed success.

I like this post ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He looked like a dope losing all those home playoff games with KC until Mahomes arrived.

Remember.........Meathead Mike Mularkey stunned Andy Reid at home in the playoffs last season.......the same season he drafted Mahomes.........so not sure he was smarter just yet........that seemed to happen when Mahomes started wheeling and dealing including some crazy off-platform throws.?

I guess what you are getting at is that McDermott made a bad decision by not getting a legit starting QB or keeping Tyrod so that Allen could sit for a season?

No.

That same 'dope' went to numerous NFC championship games with the Eagles and a SB with Donovan McNabb, a SU QB.

You are a hater, and are ignorant.

Andy Reid had garbage in Philly until Pat Mahomes.

Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes = Super Bowls

Edited by RocCityRoller

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

No.

That same 'dope' went to numerous NFC championship games with the Eagles and a SB with Donovan McNabb, a SU QB.

You are a hater, and are ignorant.

Andy Reid had garbage in Philly until Pat Mahomes.

Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes = Super Bowls

Pat Mahomes played in Philly. Hmmmmm musta missed dat 

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Pat Mahomes played in Philly. Hmmmmm musta missed dat 

Dumb troll.

Pat Mahomes never played in Philly

Andy Reid got to Super Bowl with McNabb... mmmm hmm

loser

dumb as#eed troll

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Dumb troll.

Pat Mahomes never played in Philly

Andy Reid got to Super Bowl with McNabb... mmmm hmm

loser

dumb as#eed troll

He didn’t ? No sh** A-hole your idiotic post said he did. Who’s a troll ? You’re a loser you idiot