Colts @ Chiefs (AFC Divisional Round) GDT - NBC 4:35 pm

RiotAct

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The answer is Patrick Mahomes.

The narrative from apologists here on TSW is that Mahomes wouldn't have been very good with the Bills because they are the Bills..............but Andy Reid hasn't had any QB's put up crazy numbers until Mahomes showed up.    I think I read Mahomes is his first 30+ TD passer?  

Mahomes is just a great player............as Collinsworth said he's the face of the NFL now.

And we didn’t take him?

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The narrative from apologists here on TSW is that Mahomes wouldn't have been very good with the Bills because they are the Bills..............but Andy Reid hasn't had any QB's put up crazy numbers until Mahomes showed up.    I think I read Mahomes is his first 30+ TD passer?  

Mahomes is just a great player............as Collinsworth said he's the face of the NFL now.

Or

Andy has learned how to manage a rookie QB which means a red-shirt first season. Even McNabb sat for half a season behind Pederson. I know cuz I lived in Philly at the time.

That is why the Chiefs signed A Smith, and the moved up to draft Mahomes. Andy got smarter. He's no dope.

Edited by RocCityRoller

3 minutes ago, RunninRebel37 said:

I got no problem with the Chiefs winning a Lombardi Trophy. Im hopeful Allen becomes consistently great, but I gotta admit, its tough watching Mahomes play so well knowing we could've had him. I don't care that Reid is his coach or who's around him, his greatness is obvious and would elevate anyone around him. Here's hoping we get to compete against them next January. 

Interesting story that I do not remember hearing before that Mahomes was given a 3rd round grade by the underclassmen draft committee.  Grading a QB is not a science.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Since being in Philly, Southern NJ.

It's funny how people outside Jersey don't know Northern NJ and Southern NJ are different.

I'm with the hicks and Philly suburbs in the south, but yeah, I'd speak well of NJ en general (Except property taxes!).

Stay strong Buffalo Brother! You are surrounded by Giants and Jets fans.

Thanks man. Yeah North and South Jersey are almost like two different states. Yeah there's definitely a huge misconception about the state but I don't let it bother me. The property taxes and real estate market are brutal up North especially. 

I appreciate it my friend!! I have some family down in Tom's River . I'm a very outspoken Bills fan , everyone knows im a die hard fan , so I've been hearing it for years. It was BRUTAL when they had some success with Rex , OMG , it was unbearable! 

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That’s why Collinsworth talks about him like he wants to suck his dick. Thanks

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

No skin in the game, but the refereeing was pretty bad in my opinion.

Agreed, but it's standard ops. Very inconsistent, missed obvious calls, called some ticky tack ones. As I said earlier, and have said for years now, NFL officiating sucks, plain & simple.

4 minutes ago, RunninRebel37 said:

I got no problem with the Chiefs winning a Lombardi Trophy. Im hopeful Allen becomes consistently great, but I gotta admit, its tough watching Mahomes play so well knowing we could've had him. I don't care that Reid is his coach or who's around him, his greatness is obvious and would elevate anyone around him. Here's hoping we get to compete against them next January. 

You don't think Reid's schemes, the O-line and the best TE & WR in the NFL aren't elevating Mahomes game?  Look over the next decade I think this kid is going to be a great QB but he threw some poor passes today.  I actually thought that in spite of Collingworths lavish praise, Mahomes didn't have a great day, he had a good day.

IMO the story's of today's game were:

*  the KC defense which played it's best game of the year.

*  the poor play of Luck and Vinetari.

*  Kelce's dominating 1st half. 

13 minutes ago, RunninRebel37 said:

Yeah, no. Sorry. He would NOT be as good here as he is there, that's factual to anyone who's actually LOOKED at the two rosters.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah, no. Sorry. He would NOT be as good here as he is there, that's factual to anyone who's actually LOOKED at the two rosters.

He may not have put up the same numbers as he did with the Chiefs but I am pretty sure he would have lifted one of the worst offenses in the league to atleast average. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First, most Bills fans are NOT saying that Mahomes would not have been any good if he had been thrown into the starting lineup in week 2 AS A ROOKIE with the Buffalo Bills.  What we're saying is that he wouldn't have thrown 50 TD's and 4,000 yards and IMO that's a pretty safe bet.  But at the end of the season we would have been excited about the future because Mahomes is a great QB and we would have seen flashes of that greatness - much like we've seen with Allen.

Second, Mahomes numbers this year are the result of a perfect storm of Mahomes great play and a collection of skill players that rival the Bill's Super Bowl years offensive lineup.  Add in the fact that the NFL has become a big passing league and you have Mahomes with 50 TD's.  Reid has had great offenses before. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is something so dynamic about a truly elite TE. The Bills have NEVER had a really good TE...Ever. Watching Kelce is just something we would never know as Bills fans. I hope we take the best TE in college football at 9 and give Josh that extra dimension that we never have.

I always found it to be very dependent on the Quarterback. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers never found Graham at his full potential like Brees did. He's more than a redzone target. But those guys just don't use them as safety blankets like others do.

Mahomes uses Kelce perfectly. I'm sure the coordinator has some influence here, but good Quarterbacks prefer an RB or slot check down over a TE safety blanket. I think Wentz and Nick Foles is a good example. Ertz breaks the record for TE catches, mostly from Wentz. The RBs get a massive spike in recieving yards from Foles.

I'd take TE certainly rounds 2-7 with that in mind. I'd suspect JA prefers throwing darts to a safety blanket TEs, and I know he doesn't like checking down to RBs lol. A good handsy tight end would help JA in his short game as he needs a guy to catch his passes from short range. He's more accurate when he doesn't have to throw a touch pass. I think a good Witten type, doesn't need to be fast, to just navigate the zone and stay open for a 3-4 yard catch would go a long way. Obviously getting a Kelce is awesome.. I just find teams completely miss the TE position so often.

Ebron early in his career was considered a bust who was phased out to just blocking (again maybe that's Stafford vs Luck). Jermaine Gresham, Vernon Davis didn't have many good years but the light did switch on eventually. They seem to bust at a much higher rate in the first round than other positions. I don't really understand why. Seems physical tools are overvalued when they should just be treated as a type of receiver.

That and the fact that JA might not look his TEs way or like those routes or we don't have an OC that can get the TE invloved makes me hesitate to draft him high, but TEs are great to have if they are studs and involved in the offense. I'd address WR first but no qualms drafting a TE somewhere. I liked O'Leary FWIW.. had better hands and route running than most of the dudes we had last year.

I'd get a TE in FA. We have the cap and I think that's a position suited to acquire in FA and test the waters with meshing with JA.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’m all over the Colts.  Chiefs have the better O but the colts D is way better than the chiefs D.  I think the colts get some stops.  Not sure the the chiefs can ever stop the colts 

Chiefs D showed up today while Luck wasn’t the same an we’ve seen the past 2 months 

21 minutes ago, RunninRebel37 said:

The problem is, if your playing that game, why end there? Where would it stop? We also missed on Tom Brady whose greatness is obvious. Missed trading up for Bog Ben when we should have paid whatever it took. There are hundreds of examples to be had. 

20 minutes ago, BananaB said:

***** I can’t stand listening to Collinsworth. 

He is the WORST. Give me anyone, anyone instead of Colinsworth. Only thing that would make it worse would be him paired with Beth Mowins. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

He may not have put up the same numbers as he did with the Chiefs but I am pretty sure he would have lifted one of the worst offenses in the league to atleast average. 

So Kelvin Benjamin would've caught perfect passes from Mahomes rather than dropping perfect passes from Allen? The run blocking would've blocked better if we had Mahomes which would allow for a more balanced offence as opposed for Allen? Robert Foster would've learned route running faster if we had Mahomes too? Mccoy would hit the hole?  The list goes on. Mahomes didn't need the year off either? I swear the most asine arguments are made for Mahomes on this forum. Ridiculous. 

Edited by APoxOnYou
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Thanks man. Yeah North and South Jersey are almost like two different states. Yeah there's definitely a huge misconception about the state but I don't let it bother me. The property taxes and real estate market are brutal up North especially. 

I appreciate it my friend!! I have some family down in Tom's River . I'm a very outspoken Bills fan , everyone knows im a die hard fan , so I've been hearing it for years. It was BRUTAL when they had some success with Rex , OMG , it was unbearable! 

Keep strong buddy!

Josh Allen is a real QB :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would like to think you've read enough of my posts to understand it was 100% snark. Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1