Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

32 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

But doesn’t the fact that McVay was willing to move on from Sammy after 1 season speak volumes as well?  I think that LA felt the same way a lot of Bills fan do, he’s just not good enough to get the money he wants.

I have no animosity toward him.  I just don’t think he was  anywhere near as good as his hype, and even when he was healthy he never seemed to step up and take over games the way that a #1 WR usually does.  

Robert Woods is the better receiver.

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy averaged 16 more yards per game and that includes the Rams game where he played one drive.  

The 5 year NFL veteran averaged 16 more yards per game while playing in the best passing offense in the league, than the rookie UDFA off the practice squad who played in a poor passing offense. That's great for Sammy.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I think it would come down to cost. I'm not sure what Watkins' contract numbers are for the Chiefs, but Foster is obviously incredibly affordable right now. Watkins is one of those guys with lots of potential, and every year you think this will be the one where he might show that potential to the full, but he hasn't done it yet. When you consider the underachieving, over pay, injuries and some of the bad attitude he had when he was in Buffalo I think I probably would just go with Foster at this point. There's something to be said for the way Foster has had to work so hard for what he's a achieved so far, especially the balls he showed after being cut and coming back.

I agree with majority of your post.  I think on a good offense, Foster is a 3 or 4.   Still don’t fully trust him.  But point taken.  I still think Sammy has number 1 potential if his body could hold up. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Foot injuries have destroyed a lot of great athletes careers.  

.....yup....and probably the LAST body part you'd expect to derail a career....go figure................

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Sammy should ask Oscar Pistorius for name of his doctor.

..pretty sure it's Dr Ruth......

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The 5 year NFL veteran averaged 16 more yards per game while playing in the best passing offense in the league, than the rookie UDFA off the practice squad who played in a poor passing offense. That's great for Sammy.

Foster, the guy we cut?  The guy we had to play because of our garbage trades for KB and Zay?

sorry guys.  I’m going with McVay and Reid’s opinions.  Just like I went with Belichick’s opinion on “crappy” Gilmore.  

2 minutes ago, iinii said:

It is the little jobs thing, isn’t it?

Which the losers who talk crap to athletes on social media deserve.  They probably are losers with crappy jobs.  

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So healthy Sammy vs. Foster. You’re picking Foster?

Would I rather have Sammy who is inconsistent and often-injured at a cost of $17 million year or an explosive improving rookie going into his second year Foster at less than $500,000 a year?

It's not even debatable, Foster all day long.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Would I rather have Sammy who is inconsistent and often-injured at a cost of $17 million year or an explosive improving rookie going into his second year Foster at less than $500,000 a year?

It's not even debatable, Foster all day long.

And this is why our offense has sucked for two years!  You work for the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The open market says otherwise 

The open market also made Haynesworth the highest played defender in the league at one point.

The open market often gets it wrong.   Woods has been the more consistent and productive receiver and my guess is that trend will continue.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Says the guy pining for the days of Whaley and Watkins

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Magox said:

The open market also made Haynesworth the highest played defender in the league at one point.

The open market often gets it wrong.   Woods has been the more consistent and productive receiver and my guess is that trend will continue.

You might want to review the team rankings under Whaley vs the current team.  That 2014 team would have curb stomped the 2017 team. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

Consistent yes; we've certainly seen that Watkins' best is WR1-worthy though, which is why he got WR1 money.

I guess the big difference is that when DCs sit down to game plan, they most likely aren't keying on Woods as a guy they need a specific plan to stop. Watkins has definitely been that guy at points in his career 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Foster, the guy we cut?  The guy we had to play because of our garbage trades for KB and Zay?

Yep, exactly. That's the receiver you are using to prop up Sammy Watkins. Is that supposed to make him look good?

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

sorry guys.  I’m going with McVay

Me too. McVay let Sammy go a year after trading a 2nd for him, and used a 1st to trade for a different receiver and gave him a similar contract. Reid made the same mistake.

No one is saying Sammy is complete garbage, or that he wouldn't upgrade our offense. He is a pretty good receiver but he is wildly overrated, and he has trouble staying on the field. In the past 2 seasons teams have given up a 1st, a 2nd, and $17 million for his 556 yards per season. He only has 139 more yards than Kelvin Benjamin this season. That's embarrassing. And yeah it's because of injures not talent, but that's his history. He's pretty good on the field and injury prone.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy’s productionnor his hyped up potential is worth no where near what he’s being paid. If you can’t see his lack of consistent, reliable, availability problems, you might wanna a pick a new sport to spectate.

• Haha (+1) 1