Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was pace for 1,000 yards and he got hurt.  Why are Bills fans so bitter towards ex players?  Injuries are killing his career but you are kinda dumb if you don’t think he won’t be our most talented receiver.

It must suck being 5’7”

Because they just dont know what they are talking about.  If not for his chronic foot issues they would be pissed we got rid of him.  And he would be in the confo with Julio, AB, and Hopkins.

And guess what, he can catch to even when doubled.  May not be as bad to have chronic foot problems as compaired to chronic hand problems.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Because they just dont know what they are talking about.  If not for his chronic foot issues they would be pissed we got rid of him.  And he would be in the confo with Julio, AB, and Hopkins.

And guess what, he can catch to even when doubled.  May not be as bad to have chronic foot problems as compaired to chronic hand problems.

Yeah, I hate injuries.  You’re just left with so much unknown.  And he was wasted here in our offense. He should have been feed the ball.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sammy-watkins-1.html

such an awesome player in college. 

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good post overall.  The reason it’s even a debate is because Sammy can’t stay healthy.  You could have Sammy and Foster.  

Now, we are going to overpay for FA who isn’t close to the talent level of a (healthy) Sammy.  

Thats the point though right?

Not much good paying a million per game for someone to be watching from the sidelines.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I hate injuries.  You’re just left with so much unknown.  And he was wasted here in our offense. He should have been feed the ball.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sammy-watkins-1.html

such an awesome player in college. 

He had a phenominal 9 games with Tyrod Taylor as his QB.  Too put it in perspective of how big of a deal that is.  Look at what Robert Woods is doing.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Since when has he ever had a season comparable to those three?  He was healthy pretty much all last year and couldnt even crack 50 receptions and 650 yards receiving.

Its laughable to compare his career or production to those three.

Just now, Magox said:

Since when has he ever had a season comparable to those three?  He was healthy pretty much all last year and couldnt even crack 50 receptions and 650 yards receiving.

His first 3 years were comparable to Julio and I don’t think the Bills had Matt Ryan on their roster.  

Buffalo murders receivers. 

6 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

If not for his chronic foot issues they would be pissed we got rid of him

Yes, if he wasn't injury prone he wouldn't be injury prone. That doesn't change the reality that he doesn't stay on the field. He also has an ego problem. If he was elite his issues might be worth dealing with, but he produces more like a good #2 receiver than a real #1. I get why people think he is so good. He looks like he should be elite with his size and hands and above average speed. For whatever reason he has never put it all together. Chiefs fans don't like him this year. They would much rather have spent his $17 million on some semblance of a secondary.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I can't believe there is still debate going on about Watkins.

He's a bust. Plain and simple.

I dont know if I would call him a bust but he certainly hasn't come close to living up to expectations and the Whaley giving up an additional first rounder was one of the many awful inept Bills draft day decisions we have made specially considering there were a few other better receivers that could have been had if we had stayed put.:doh:

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

Better than any receiver to wear a bills uniform this season by a long shot. And he’s their 3rd option. 

4th actually.  They throw the ball more to their running backs than they do to Sammy.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

In 2015 he was fed the ball for the last nine games and matched their numbers. 

If you want take up issue with his injuries then I can understand but to take issue with his ability shows they you are not knowledgable and are a waste of my time.

?The childrens table is that way.➡️

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

I dont know if I would call him a bust but he certainly hasn't come close to living up to expectations and the Whaley giving up an additional first rounder was one of the many awful inept Bills draft day decisions we have made specially considering there were a few other better receivers that could have been had if we had stayed put.:doh:

Well good thing the new regime learned from this and didn’t trade up for a receiver. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes, if he wasn't injury prone he wouldn't be injury prone. That doesn't change the reality that he doesn't stay on the field. He also has an ego problem. If he was elite his issues might be worth dealing with, but he produces more like a good #2 receiver than a real #1. I get why people think he is so good. He looks like he should be elite with his size and hands and above average speed. For whatever reason he has never put it all together. Chiefs fans don't like him this year. They would much rather have spent his $17 million on some semblance of a secondary.

If youre going to quote me, next time put the whole post up their.  Not just part of it.

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His first 3 years were comparable to Julio and I don’t think the Bills had Matt Ryan on their roster.  

Yeah, his worst three years.

Remember the days that all the Sammy defenders used to cite the first three year Julio comparison like you just did?  The comparison was made basically making the point that Sammy would progress and flourish just like Julio, except.........

That never happened.

Just admit it, he has been a massive NFL disappointment.  He was supposed to be an All pro, rather than that he has been the 3rd and 4th leading receiver ON HIS TEAM with pro bowl QB's.

Those are the facts jack

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The 2 best seasons that Sammy has had, by far, came in Buffalo. Over his 5 seasons in the NFL 57% of his career receiving yards came in his first 2 years here. Since then he has had trouble staying on the field and his QBs are treating him like a #2 or #3. This isn't a debate anymore. He has never been worth what a single team gave up for him. Maybe he'll finally turn it on, he is still only 25 years old. I'm not holding my breath though.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

If youre going to quote me, next time put the whole post up their.  Not just part of it.

I didn't want to embarrass you by reposting the part about Sammy being in the same conversation at Antonio Brown and Julio Jones. How is that even a question?

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

In 2015 he was fed the ball for the last nine games and matched their numbers. 

If you want take up issue with his injuries then I can understand but to take issue with his ability shows they you are not knowledgable and are a waste of my time.

?The childrens table is that way.➡️

Learn to read kid.  No one doubts his ability, at least not this guy.  What I have been saying for 2 years now is that he is very inconsistent and injury plagued.  That is indisputable if you are being honest with yourself.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was pace for 1,000 yards and he got hurt.  Why are Bills fans so bitter towards ex players?  Injuries are killing his career but you are kinda dumb if you don’t think he won’t be our most talented receiver.

It must suck being 5’7”

Must be that their "little jobs" make them bitter.

Your "rush back" comment is nonsense.  The man was out injured with his foot, and was still playing pick-up basketball at the LA Fitness in Buffalo...  Is basketball easy on the feet?  Sounds like he was really committed to rehabbing the foot.