Mr Decoy, Sammy Watkins expected to play vs. Colts

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes we could have tagged him, no GM at that point in his career was going to pay the outrageous money that would have entailed

I may not be remembering right, and it’s a weird google search to really get results on... but I seem to recall that we didn’t even offer him a contract, no? 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Still has more talent than most of the WRs in the league.  Hopefully some day he gets the foot healed up.  I have heard that sometimes it never fully recovers, whether thats true or not I dont know.

It's the other foot that's injured this season. The surgically repaired one is fine.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Trading Watkins was the right move but letting Woods go was the mistake.

Woods didn't want to stay.  He had a chance to go back to Cali and play in a pass happy offense.  And for good money versus his production to that point.  I can't say I blame him for leaving.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Still has more talent than most of the WRs in the league.  Hopefully some day he gets the foot healed up.  I have heard that sometimes it never fully recovers, whether thats true or not I dont know.

Great, he has more talent.  I'd still take Foster over him.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Has he struggled with foot injuries.  Are you capable of looking at anything other than stats. I dont think you are.  Youre an average fan, the same reason why no one from our defense was voted to the probowl.  Because the average fan knows nothing about football other than where to find stats.  That can be a good measure sometimes but not always.

The number 1 job of a WR is to put up stats. Talent and would-of's, could-of's, and should-of's mean squat. You don't put up the stats? You're a bust.

Sammy Watkins will never put up #1 WR numbers. He will never be the #1 WR on a depth chart again. Injuries aside, he isn't even consistent when healthy.

I loved the Watkins pick. I defended him through most of his time in Buffalo, but everyone can see now what he is. He's an average WR. Not crappy, and certainly not great. He was drafted to be the next Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins. Can anyone seriously see that happening at this point? He will not be an elite WR. He can contribute to an offense, for sure, and he'll make a great, tough catch every once in awhile, but #2 WR's do that all the time in this league.

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, my point was the 2014 9-7 was a much better 9-7 2017 team.  They would have killed the team that made the playoffs.  

We deserved the drought to be over.  But that wasn’t a good team and this year we went 6-10.  They have another year but Whaley gets dumped on here way too much.  This regime has a lot to prove, starting with Allen.  If he is truth, we are in great shape.  If not, McBeane will be our.  

Yup. Bitter Bils fans >>>> McVay and Reid!

OMG!!!

Yeah, he adds nothing of substance.  Just insults and pictures showing people getting hurt.  He’s an angry elf. 

Anyone who thinks the 2017 team was better than 2014 just flat out doesn't get football or is a homer. Which is fine, but just own it.

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Has he struggled with foot injuries.  Are you capable of looking at anything other than stats. I dont think you are.  Youre an average fan, the same reason why no one from our defense was voted to the probowl.  Because the average fan knows nothing about football other than where to find stats.  That can be a good measure sometimes but not always.

At the end of the day, it's been six years and Sammy don't ball! A lot of money, not a lot of production. Whatever the reason who cares? Not a guy you want to build on or

invest in.

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Apparently Sammy Watkins.  LOL

He seemed fine in the game yesterday

unless one had some hate on him like a dumped ugly ex

Im not watching to attack the officials every play or hope former Bills get paralyzed for life

its just a ***** football game, hope it’s a good one

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Woods didn't want to stay.  He had a chance to go back to Cali and play in a pass happy offense.  And for good money versus his production to that point.  I can't say I blame him for leaving.

Great, he has more talent.  I'd still take Foster over him.

I never said I wouldnt.  Ive never argued that I would take him over Foster.  My arguement is with the idiots who say the talent isnt there.  

The most important ability is availability.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Anyone who thinks the 2017 team was better than 2014 just flat out doesn't get football or is a homer. Which is fine, but just own it.

Of course and there’s no doubt about it considering 217 was a rebuilding year where they looked to shed contracts and trade any assets to draft a QB in 2018.

But the 2017 won games when they needed to.  2014 couldn’t beat a 2-12 team when to stay alive.

I can agree that the overall talent level in 2014 was higher, but that team also underachieved.   As a team I don’t think they were better because they couldn’t never play up to their level of talent.  

The 2017 team oberachieved, in large part to good coaching and some good breaks.  

Which team was “better?”  I will go with 2017

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

The number 1 job of a WR is to put up stats. Talent and would-of's, could-of's, and should-of's mean squat. You don't put up the stats? You're a bust.

Sammy Watkins will never put up #1 WR numbers. He will never be the #1 WR on a depth chart again. Injuries aside, he isn't even consistent when healthy.

I loved the Watkins pick. I defended him through most of his time in Buffalo, but everyone can see now what he is. He's an average WR. Not crappy, and certainly not great. He was drafted to be the next Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins. Can anyone seriously see that happening at this point? He will not be an elite WR. He can contribute to an offense, for sure, and he'll make a great, tough catch every once in awhile, but #2 WR's do that all the time in this league.

No.  The number 1 job of a WR is to get open and catch the ball when it is thrown to him.  He does both those things at a high level.  He also can make some seriously contested catches.  

The one thing he cant do is throw the ball to himself.  Stats dont tell the whole story which is why he makes 16 mil a season with the majority of his contract fully garaunteed dispite his injury issues.

Now if you want to talk injury prone you will not get any arguement from me.

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

At the end of the day, it's been six years and Sammy don't ball! A lot of money, not a lot of production. Whatever the reason who cares? Not a guy you want to build on or

invest in.

I agree.  Trading him was the best move for us.

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Those two things have very different meanings. People need to say what they actually mean, it matters.

Joe, you should know that the vast majority of posters here know that he wasnt cut and that if he someone says Woods was let go that they mean he wasnt re-signed.

In any case, the point being made here is that Woods was the keeper out of the two.